Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewellery and low life’s

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

I find people who judge others by their appearance to be repugnant and lack class.

You're right, to be fair. Did you buy your high horse off a lad wearing a gold chain by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I find people who judge others by their appearance to be repugnant and lack class.

That’s everyone then. Everyone gets judged by their appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

People are being too hard on the OP watching other tribes is an interesting pastime.

Also on boards, there is a hierarchy of commenting, yummy mummies in massive 4 wheel drive its grand to comment about, Dub or other in gold chains the poster is a snob or up themselves for having an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Standard behaviour.

Poor life choices in general.
    You will find those who can least afford it are the ones covered in gold, diamonds and driving the latest bmw

No always the case, something I can across in a former life....This is difitinely a Dub thing and possible a Celtic tiger thing...BMW man, own small bussiness could be anything tyers, fitted wardrobes/kitchens done well for themselvs and now drives a BMW not always a new one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's just a class thing. Not to be confused with wealth. Those are two very separate things. Those without class get confused and wear too much gold, some people even overgolding like the poor fecker in the image above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

dd973 wrote: »
    Can't stand those big, hoopy earrings on women, I'm always looking for the exception to the rule when I see them in the street or on tv, but it never happens.

Yes. 100%
    Hoopy earrings = knackers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

Saddle ring is the worst, saw a chap on hols recently in the health centre (Alicante Region) barely had any room on any fingers !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Costs a lot of money to look this cheap.! "Dolly Parton " :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Conor McGregor wears a lot of jewellery, and he’s a complete knacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭circadian

I have 10 facial piercings, too much jewellery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

circadian wrote: »
    I have 10 facial piercings, too much jewellery?

Not if you like it, nó.

Unless you've a ring in your septum, you could have nothing else jewelery wise and that would still look ott... (could possibly just be a personal thing)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Not if you like it, nó.

Unless you've a ring in your septum, you could have nothing else jewelery wise and that would still look ott... (could possibly just be a personal thing)

I've had my septum pierced for nearly 20 years! I wear a small black titanium ring so it's pretty subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

People who wear chunky jewellery are low life's?

What would Mr T say about that..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

It is aspirational and show of wealth. Basically they are judged in their own circle and not having them shows you are poor. Socioeconomic groups judge internally as well as other groups.
    Peer pressure effectively and while other socioeconomic groups think it looks cheap and tacky they simply think it looks good and identifies their group. Many of them think it makes them look intimidating which is basically all they have. When you have little perceived self worth and "respect" is all you have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

murpho999 wrote: »
    So people look down or judge people for wearing jewellery, I get that but doesn't mean its ok for you to look down on people who buy branded clothes.

By the by, I don't by RL either ridiculous price but there is now way there fabrics is the same as Penney's.

I'm looking down on the expensive brand's, they could be nice people...
    Bit thinking you're a toff because you're wearing common clothes like Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger deserves to be scoffed at...

Advertisement