Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I have gotten to say what I wanted on this thread and I am glad boards have grown up a bit to keep this thread open.

At this stage, the thread is just repeating itself has anybody any idea of how this situation improves in a realistic fashion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    She seems to have done a 180 on a few things recently.. There's a recent post from her knocking Sinn Fein supporters too when a couple of months back she was their biggest fan after Mary Lou promised to help her get a home at one of the protests.

Oh what happened with Sinn Fein supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I have gotten to say what I wanted on this thread and I am glad boards have grown up a bit to keep this thread open.

At this stage, the thread is just repeating itself has anybody any idea of how this situation improves in a realistic fashion?

My thoughts exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

I'd say:

1. The state should enforce the law on early school leaving. The law says that every child must remain in school until he or she is 16, so enforce that rigorously.

2. Change the law on early marriage. The minimum age for marriage should be 18, with no exceptions. This also means that the state should not recognize minors who marry abroad as being legally married in Ireland.

3. Phase out social welfare support for more than 4 children.

4. You get one offer and one offer only of social housing. If the offer is declined, unless it's for a valid reason, you don't get another one.

That would address the core issues that led to Margaret Cash's current situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Reduce the VAT on condoms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

nice_guy80 wrote: »

As I said already travellers take the official line from the catholic church on contraception being intrinsically evil.

You might say but the church also says stealing is wrong!

Sure but settled Catholics pick and chose parts of the religion too.
    If both pick and choose is one take on Catholicism more legitimate than the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

4. You get one offer and one offer only of social housing. If the offer is declined, unless it's for a valid reason, you don't get another one.

They'd need to set strict guidelines on what a 'valid' reason is too.

Declining a house because it's not in your preferred area should not be a valid reason! Like the story of social housing being built in Dundrum - one of the more expensive housing markets in the country. People should not be guaranteed or even told it's a good possibility to get a house within a few KM radius of where they want it.

I could understand declining a move to a whole other part of the country if they've kids in school etc. but a move within a city or even to another suburb or towns in Kildare/Wicklow/Meath with good transport connections for Dublin-based people should have no reason to be declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheRealPONeil

Stronger family units ?

Every traveller family is in a violent feud of some sort or another with each other

You should go to a christening or wedding .

Report back,

Cheers

So you've personal experiences in that area or are you relying on a kind of a fallenlondon type validation by boards.ie ??

Has anyone heard of this before? Murphy Village in South Carolina, taken over by Irish Travellers.
    Mad houses that they don't move into for ages to try and avoid tax and lots of other crazy stories

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=murphy+village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Well, we got a laugh from that post cannot fault that.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheRealPONeil

I'd say:

1. The state should enforce the law on early school leaving. The law says that every child must remain in school until he or she is 16, so enforce that rigorously.

ARTICLE 42

1 The State acknowledges that the primary and natural educator of the child is the Family and guarantees to respect the inalienable right and duty of parents to provide, according to their means, for the religious and moral, intellectual, physical and social education of their children.

2 Parents shall be free to provide this education in their homes or in private schools or in schools recognised or established by the State.

3 1° The State shall not oblige parents in violation of their conscience and lawful preference to send their children to schools established by the State, or to any particular type of school designated by the State.

2° The State shall, however, as guardian of the common good, require in view of actual conditions that the children receive a certain minimum education, moral, intellectual and social.

2. Change the law on early marriage. The minimum age for marriage should be 18, with no exceptions. This also means that the state should not recognize minors who marry abroad as being legally married in Ireland.

So you're a minor at 20 in the USA if you want to drink your head off but if you want to get married in Utah you can be 15 ??

3. Phase out social welfare support for more than 4 children.

Spoken like a true blue shirt

That would address the core issues that led to Margaret Cash's current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

tuxy wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of this before? Murphy Village in South Carolina, taken over by Irish Travellers.
    Mad houses that they don't move into for ages to try and avoid tax and lots of other crazy stories

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=murphy+village

There was a documentary about it a few years ago on TV3 . They have been getting a lot of attention from US law enforcement recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The kids tag along on "jobs" and are useful for narrow windows

No hope for any kid born into that environment. Maybe some of the Cash kids, in 10 years time, might break down Miriam's front door some night to rob her blind.

That would be karma!

All part of their culture of course.

We pay for their lifestyle. Do we want this state of affairs to continue?

What good is their culture to anyone anyway?

It's not worth a shiney sh1ie to anyone. They are all beyond worthless at this stage.

IT. IS. ALL. THEIR. OWN. FAULT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Sure you can get condoms in dealz for 1.50!

There's really no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Sure you can get condoms in dealz for 1.50!

There's really no excuse.

Doesn't matter to them. They can have as much inbred offspring as they like.

Demand any kind of house they like & get it.

These violent inbreeds love having things their own way & get all they want because we the taxpayer fund it.

We pay for a criminal subset to live off our taxes. Not alone that, these inbreeds decide to break into taxpayer's houses to bully them to give them more!

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.:confused:

Yes, I call them Inbreeds, because that is exactly what they are.

The more we give them, the more they take & take & rob all around them.

Where's all the 'respected elders' in their community we hear about?

Obviously, they're not worth their weight in bird poo by the way their younger folk act.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/judge-dismisses-mans-60k-claim-that-high-heels-were-to-blame-for-sisters-car-crash-37606241.html

Another day yet another traveller involved in another disputed personal injury claim .
    What percentage of travellers have had s personal injury claim ???
    Not happy to get very large welfare payments and refusing to work but they are driving up insurance costs for the law abiding population going to work to pay for all the travellers welfare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

The State acknowledges that the primary and natural educator of the child is the Family and guarantees to respect the inalienable right and duty of parents to provide, according to their means, for the religious and moral, intellectual, physical and social education of their children.

Parents must actually be capable of providing this education. The state reserves the right to inspect home schooling parents to ensure they are educating their children to an appropriate standard. Many Traveller parents are uneducated and barely literate themselves, so how can they educate their children?
    So you're a minor at 20 in the USA if you want to drink your head off but if you want to get married in Utah you can be 15 ??

Not sure what your point is here. I don't support anyone getting married at 15. As I have stated above, the minimum age for marriage should be 18. No more child brides.

Call everyone who criticizes the current level of social welfare entitlement a "blueshirt"? Great debating strategy...

It's these "blueshirts," by the way, who recognized Travellers as an ethnic minority and are handing out record levels of social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Given the amount of posts in this thread, I don't know if anyone has commented yet about the irony of someone with the name "Cash" robbing "€300" worth of clothes from a "Pennys".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Given the amount of posts in this thread, I don't know if anyone has commented yet about the irony of someone with the name "Cash" robbing "€300" worth of clothes from a "Pennys".
    That's not what irony means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

mikhail wrote: »

How do you know his real name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Lads, its Penneys.

Minds blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Lads, its Penneys.

Minds blown.

Indeed 300 quid from penny's...... is she some sort of pack mule? like that's gotta be 6-7 black bags full of clothes

VinLieger wrote: »
    Indeed 300 quid from penny's...... is she some sort of pack mule? like that's gotta be 6-7 black bags full of clothes

No I just meant its spelled Penneys. Took me 206 pages to get that off my chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

No I just meant its spelled Penneys. Took me 206 pages to get that off my chest.

Thread will never be the same again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

mikhail wrote: »

Is it a rainy day on your wedding day?

The perfect example of irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,139 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is it a rainy day on your wedding day?

The perfect example of irony.

Or winning the lottery and dying the next day?

The ironing is delicious!

NIMAN wrote: »
    Or winning the lottery and dying the next day?

Textbook

The ironing is delicious!

€300 of clothing from Penneys would keep you ironing for some time!

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    €300 of clothing from Penneys would keep you ironing for some time!

I'm sure she gets a handout for some sort of maid allowance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement