Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you paid to play POGO?

Options
  • 09-02-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

Are you a "purist" (read "cheapskate" :)) or have you paid your way to the top?

Have you paid? 27 votes

No, I have not paid anything at all
    3% 1 vote
    Yes, I have bought items to advance more quickly
    96% 26 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bought a few incubators since i never get around to gyms

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

bluewolf wrote: »
    Bought a few incubators since i never get around to gyms

Same here. Maybe a total of 40-50 Euro in coins for incubators in total.
    Timesink and enjoyment vs cost its not a bad trade off.
    I cut myself off before Christmas, I flat out refused to be suckered into pushing myself to try get the Gen 2 babies from eggs.
    Its gym coins only since then, so its been a hard slog as Im not a gym player.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

Have probably invested €50 or thereabouts for incubators, balls and storage before I discovered you could despatch the waste mons to the professor!! My 8 year old is the gym man earnings to date about 80 coins!! We're resigned to doing a lot of walking to complete the 'dex.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've been tempted to a few times, but as of yet I haven't spent anything on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I've never spent money on coins, my disposable income is needed elsewhere! :) I enjoy gym-fighting and defence, for the daily 100 coins (plus that nice 5000 stardust for boosting those defenders). I've increased my Pokemon and item bags both to 750 carrying capacity, and now I usually accumulate coins to spend them purely on incubators, I don't bother looking at the other tat.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I spent a cheeky tenner on incubators during the Halloween event when there was double candies and stardust. Literally bought a whole pile of incubators and hatched stuff like crazy - totally worth it. Wouldn't bother for anything else though. Now I'm level 31 and my mons tend to survive long enough in gyms so that I get 60-80 coins per day so it doesn't take long to save up for stuff.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

..........I enjoy gym-fighting and defence, for the daily 100 coins (plus that nice 5000 stardust for boosting those defenders). I've increased my Pokemon and item bags both to 750 carrying capacity, and now I usually accumulate coins to spend them purely on incubators,.........
    ....... Now I'm level 31 and my mons tend to survive long enough in gyms so that I get 60-80 coins per day so it doesn't take long to save up for stuff.
    Fair play to both of ye (and the rest of ye gym coin earners) who do this. I just dont have the opportunity to train at gyms daily, dont even have one on my daily route to/from work.
    Most weeks I only get my daily catch/spin only on about 4 of the days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The local gym here is blue, always blue. It took me an hour to take it down yesterday and was back to blue in about an hour or so after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Put 80 quid in, total for incubators and bought 25 lucky eggs once off. I'm lv 35 and certianly don't feel like I bought it. The grind is real. The last time I invested a cent in to the game was thanks giving. Between then and Christmas, I built up about 2k in coins from gym defending, spent them all on incubators to get the babies, which I got all of them and have evolved togetic thankfully, so I have the full regional dex complete. Have since managed to save up another 2k coins from gyms. But I've as good as quit the game now, until something new is introduced.

For the first time ever yesterday evening I decided to spend some money on this game. Spent a tenner to buy mostly incubators, though also increased my item storage.

Seeing all those eggs waiting to be hatched, along with the still-too-long list of Gen 1 Pokémon that I have yet to add to my Dex, got to me eventually. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I've bought incubators but only cause I'm on a pay as you go phone plan with free everything, so use my credit to buy them! Will get increased storage now when they go on sale in preparation for Gen 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Spent about 100-150 quid. Mostly incubators, but the odd lucky egg for Evolves too.

Probably spend more now that Gen 2 is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Spent 20 there the other day. Bought a bunch of incubators and major expansions to item and Pokémon storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

bluewolf wrote: »
    The local gym here is blue, always blue. It took me an hour to take it down yesterday and was back to blue in about an hour or so after that

Very late response but with that username I would have thought you'd like a blue gym :P

Didn't buy anything ingame but with summer around the corner I've got a go plus on the way from Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I have paid in the past but not since gen2 came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

ELM327 wrote: »
    I have paid in the past but not since gen2 came out.

Don't think I've put money in the game again since the first 6 months or so. I've managed to save up over 3k coins from gyms alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Don't think I've put money in the game again since the first 6 months or so. I've managed to save up over 3k coins from gyms alone.
    Yes i have currently 2k coins from the last couple of weeks. Gym retention is the key!:pac:

Advertisement