Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Having a chat with my 5yo daughter at breakfast this morning. She was all dressed up got church and I told her she was beautiful and would have loads of boy friends. Her reply was "I'm not picking a boyfriend 'cause they'll want to kiss me and that's yeach"

Reassuring for a Daddy to hear!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Brave man. I'd never try that

Neither would I. But I think the same fellow is more bovine than human from constant association.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

The power of placebo me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,483 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    doing paperwork, watching liverpool game and cooking dinner:) and on boards

Multi tasking

Having a chat with my 5yo daughter at breakfast this morning. She was all dressed up got church and I told her she was beautiful and would have loads of boy friends. Her reply was "I'm not picking a boyfriend 'cause they'll want to kiss me and that's yeach"

Reassuring for a Daddy to hear!!!

I agree but I'm afraid that may change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Man that does hoofcare and dehorns calves for me was telling me that he had the flue for ages this spring and couldn't shake it. He heard somewhere that it could be RSVP virus. Anyway when vaccinating calves for some farmer he had a cc of vaccine left and administered to himself, up the nose. Right as rain after four days. Wasn't even worried when one of the calves died two days getting the vaccine. :eek:

You better not get him to help you estrumate heifers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Aunt and kids coming down from Mullingar today for Easter dinner so I got a heap of these chicks and have them hidden all over the other house where they're staying. There's chicks in mugs and under turf and behind curtains and in wellies :D

Would ye not buy a few eggs?
    I'd be sorely disappointed if I did all that searching and only had a feckin yellow yoke that I couldn't eat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I'd be sorely disappointed if I did all that searching and only had a feckin yellow yoke that I couldn't eat
    we used the small chocolate eggs and rabbits you get in aldi or where ever, hid about 70 0f them, will end up melting them to make cornflake buns as the kids dont really eat chocolate

we used the small chocolate eggs and rabbits you get in aldi or where ever, hid about 70 0f them, will end up melting them to make cornflake buns as the kids dont really eat chocolate

On my second egg here now. Getting full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Sneaky lines in the jacks of nightclubs to get ya going :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ah yea we did, I just did that for the fun of it :D
    They're clambering for a ride on the 'pony' now. Eh. No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭visatorro

What's everyone at tonight it being a bank holiday? I'm working,,,, yeah! Would make me feel much better if everyone else was out having a great time!

visatorro wrote: »
    What's everyone at tonight it being a bank holiday? I'm working,,,, yeah! Would make me feel much better if everyone else was out having a great time!

Im still recovering from last night! went for a 5 mile cycle there, bad idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

2 mile jog. A large pour of cider later. Big sun burned head on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I only went an climbed a mountain, I'm on hols in north Antrim.
    Few beers on the cards now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Up at 6, spent day spraying, cow about to calve, after that shower and feed of pints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

My favourite egg cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Lads I've a calf that is breathing a bit fast , drools a bit from the mouth and walks a little stiffly . Now he looks well in the eye and is drinking the cow fine . He is about three weeks old and I didn't look at him since I tagged him a couple of days after calving . The father said he has been the same way since he was born and doesn't seem overly concerned but I wonder is there anything I could do to perk him up a bit . He is passing dung and urine fine aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Muckit wrote: »
    My favourite egg cup
    You may change your name to Muck-savage :D

moy83 wrote: »
    Lads I've a calf that is breathing a bit fast , drools a bit from the mouth and walks a little stiffly . Now he looks well in the eye and is drinking the cow fine . He is about three weeks old and I didn't look at him since I tagged him a couple of days after calving . The father said he has been the same way since he was born and doesn't seem overly concerned but I wonder is there anything I could do to perk him up a bit . He is passing dung and urine fine aswell

Did ya take a temp?
    I suspect the old man is on the button here, if he's happy enough that'd be enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

moy83 wrote: »

Has he a temp. I'd be giving him a shot of Alaymicin LA. He might have a mild infection that he not shaking off, but not enough to make him sick. I noticed a few of the late march calves here a small bit off color this year. Maybe the mild weather. But just not right from birth. The alyamycin seems to have got them to shake it off.

was visiting someone in hospital and we went for afew pints on way home, there where lads there since liverpool game today, wouldnt it be great to have the money/time to do that

• Advertisement

was visiting someone in hospital and we went for afew pints on way home, there where lads there since liverpool game today, wouldnt it be great to have the money/time to do that

Sure ain't all you dairy lot loaded :D........time may be a different matter tho

went for afew pints on way home, there where lads there since liverpool game today,

Lads over on holidays from Liverpool were they?
    Shur aren't they entitled to follow their team :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Up at 6, spent day spraying, cow about to calve, after that shower and feed of pints
    Charlie, did she calve? Just after calving a ADX son here off a pb cow. Long day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

Anyone know of a good song or playlist I could download ?! On the iPhone...I'm afraid my day involves a lot of Power harrowing?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Staff and family out to a nice restaurant last night. After to the pub and late home.
    God but it's hard to drag yourself out of bed at half five in the morning after the pub!!!

On the upside 5 heifers calved last night on their own. Thank God for sexed semen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭visatorro

Wouldn't it be great sleep all day, oh wait that's what I'm doing!

oh drove over his phone with lorry, its in about 50 pieces:eek:

Wouldn't it be great sleep all day, oh wait that's what I'm doing!

Lazy bollix!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Karma for the hen & chicks...............

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Karma for the hen & chicks...............
    yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

sheebadog wrote: »
    Lazy bollix!!!:)

Your just jealous sheeba

I honestly couldn't think of a worse place to waste a lovely sunny day or a worse crowd (lazy beer bellied footy fans)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

They don't make em like they used ta

I said wrote: »
    They don't make em like they used ta

If it was a nokia the lorry tyre would have blown out before the phone broke!

Timmaay wrote: »
    If it was a nokia the lorry tyre would have blown out before the phone broke!
    it WAS a htc one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Timmaay wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't think of a worse place to waste a lovely sunny day or a worse crowd (lazy beer bellied footy fans)!

Yep know what u mean. There was a time I would have done it but now would consider it a complete waste of a day. Met the father after mass yday and went with him for a pint. Last 20 mins of Liverpool game was on which I wanted to see. Great result and left after a pint as had dinner in MIL.
    Big crowd in and I'd say it was fairly messy by late afternoon

sea12 wrote: »
    Yep know what u mean. There was a time I would have done it but now would consider it a complete waste of a day. Met the father after mass yday and went with him for a pint. Last 20 mins of Liverpool game was on which I wanted to see. Great result and left after a pint as had dinner in MIL.
    Big crowd in and I'd say it was fairly messy by late afternoon
    we left pub at 10, there was music starting then, would say theres a few sore heads this morning, bar men where rushed off their feet, 3 pints of heineken 12.60, thought that was cheap enough

Your just jealous sheeba

Yep. :)

Or one big flat piece ;)

it WAS a htc one

Well there goes that theory

sheebadog wrote: »
    Yep. :)

Go back to your rain dancing you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Reggie. wrote: »
    Or one big flat piece ;)

It's the new HTC slimline phone.

td5man wrote: »
    It's the new HTC slimline phone.

:D at least whelan knows what to get the OH for the birthday

Go back to your rain dancing you :D

No dancing today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

:D at least whelan knows what to get the OH for the birthday

HD otterbox. ;-)