Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Al-Qaeda could be even more dangerous than we think

• 04-11-2001 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Found an article here, a link from rotten.com. Sounds scary. We knew they have been well established, but this shows they have possibilities to wreak all types of havoc, and not just killing people, but how to damage an entire country's power and moral, etc. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

If it was in the Sunday Times, I'd day you can afford to be very skeptical. Sure, it's scary that these people might have such 'terrorist' capabilities (afterall, they can, as it were, vanish from sight and appear like a real human being) but don't forget the big scandle in the 70s when an Eastern Bloc defector was murdered by the KGB by an umbrella with a concealed airgun that shot a tiny pellet of poison in it into his leg.

Now, I know it doesn't take away from the fact that terrorists may have these capabilities (which I doubt) but the people they've sought inspiration from is the bleedin' CIA, KGB and MI5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

funny, never thought of that. If they're taking inspiration from the goverment agencies, then surely the agencies have developed even more since. Ahhh that puts a mind at rest. I always thought the Sunday times was a respectable broadsheet, but having never seen a copy, let alone read it, obvioulsy I'm mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Nah, like, it's owned by Rupert Murdoch who owns The Sun and Fox and Sky and Harper Collins. The Sunday Times is far from a respectable newspaper anymore, it's quite literally middle class rag and part-time propaganda sheet.

I wouldn't really believe that story and even if it were true, it's so myopic that it doesn't mention that fact.

If this war is so 'just', then why do the military and politicians constantly need to intervene in order for public support to perpetuate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Errah, this kind of information has been out there for years. I remember when my friends were first getting into the Internet, they were fascinated with the Anarchists Cookbook, which had loads of information on all sorts of nefarious activities and how to go about them. There's loads of these kind of manuals out there, particularly on neo-nazi websites. It just freaks me out that people find this kind of crud interesting. I could never understand what goes through those neo-nazis tiny little minds. They must be so screwed up...

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

Sunday Times is a mixture of ordinary journalism and stuff that can only be described as psy-ops - read their stuff on Ireland to see what i mean.

As for this handbook, it's exactly like some of the alleged CIA handbooks that have been floating around the net for years.

People like to kill each other. They think it's fun. <shrug> People have all kinds of odd ideas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement