Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Cheers JH it worked.
    Phone is now listed under upgrade.
    Case ordered from Samsung.ie, some of them have a discount applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

markad1 wrote: »
    Cheers JH it worked.
    Phone is now listed under upgrade.
    Case ordered from Samsung.ie, some of them have a discount applied.

Good stuff, Wednesday or Thursday I imagine we'll have it.
    I went for the Mystic Bronze, going to use it with no case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Good stuff, Wednesday or Thursday I imagine we'll have it.
    I went for the Mystic Bronze, going to use it with no case.
    No case :eek: , very brave.

I've getting Samsung's uber protective case:
    https://images.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-note20/accessories/images/cases/galaxy-note20_accessories_galaxy_note20_ultra_standing_cover_black.jpg

I have used only minimal slim cases on my Note 8,9,10+ so with this one being ever so slightly bigger there just isn't room for anything but maybe a skin.
    I don't throw my phone around so I'll rather just use insurance if I do have an accident.

I always go with the led case, love seeing the info on the cover.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Any idea when we could expect the preorder to be shipped/delivered??? I'm hoping yo have it before the weekend

With Amazon to Ireland they're reporting arrival by Aug 25-27th but I'm hoping it may go a little earlier like past years.

Clareman wrote: »
    Any idea when we could expect the preorder to be shipped/delivered??? I'm hoping yo have it before the weekend

If you ordered now or tomorrow I would imagine that you would have it Thursday or Friday, Vodafone is normally max 48 hours but it is pre-order being released Wednesday or Thursday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you ordered now or tomorrow I would imagine that you would have it Thursday or Friday, Vodafone is normally max 48 hours but it is pre-order being released Wednesday or Thursday.

I ordered it directly from Samsung last week so fingers crossed

I ordered it directly from Samsung last week so fingers crossed

Then you could get lucky and have it tomorrow or Wednesday.
    If it was Samsung dot IE and not UK

• Advertisement

First world problems... :rolleyes: but I'm still excited :D

cookie1977 wrote: »
    First world problems... :rolleyes: but I'm still excited :D

Tell me about it, I'm a big child, I WANT MY NEW TOY NOW!!!!!!

Then you could get lucky and have it tomorrow or Wednesday.
    If it was Samsung dot IE and not UK

Just check my account on .ie, still showing as processing so won't be tomorow anyway

Just check my account on .ie, still showing as processing so won't be tomorow anyway

I have had orders from Samsung. ie that still said processing after I received them

I have had orders from Samsung. ie that still said processing after I received them
    That's just teasing now :D

Oooooh the excitement, I'll be staring out the window all day tomorrow.

I don't know why to be honest, after the initial setup and the "ooooh shiney" it'll just be a normal phone

Oooooh the excitement, I'll be staring out the window all day tomorrow.

I don't know why to be honest, after the initial setup and the "ooooh shiney" it'll just be a normal phone

But it's a great feeling opening the box and sitting it up for the first time. I usually use the Samsung smart switch app to copy over everything but I might start from scratch this time.

But it's a great feeling opening the box and sitting it up for the first time. I usually use the Samsung smart switch app to copy over everything but I might start from scratch this time.

Smart Switch just makes everything so easy but there's always great anticipation of setting up the new device, it can take a couple of hours by the time everything is setup the way you want, all the apps installed and uninstalled (Instrgram is always nuked), then putting on the case, then treating it like it's an ancient artifact that you've just found, then warning the kids not to touch it cause it's Daddy's new phone.

Half an hour later you'll be using the S-Pen as a toothpick :D

cookie1977 wrote: »
    That's just teasing now :D

Well, Friday is the official release date so that will be the latest anyway, any day before then is just a bonus :-)

Well, Friday is the official release date so that will be the latest anyway, any day before then is just a bonus :-)

Friday is the release date so that could be the day that they ship them which means it could be Monday when they are delivered.

• Advertisement

Friday is the release date so that could be the day that they ship them which means it could be Monday when they are delivered.
    Friday release date is the date you can buy them in the shops, preorder is normally organised so that you have it delivered latest on that date, often a day or two before.
    However.... this is Ireland.... do you feel lucky :-)

I'm just happy Vodafone got their act together so we can avail of the promotion, Friday or Monday is OK with me.

Friday release date is the date you can buy them in the shops, preorder is normally organised so that you have it delivered latest on that date, often a day or two before.
    However.... this is Ireland.... do you feel lucky :-)

Oooooh the excitement of it all :D:D:D

I think this is my first time pre-ordering a phone actually, knowing my luck it'll be lost in transit and I'll be waiting months for it :o:o:o

For anyone using parcel motel, you might want to consider the extended liability. I did it before for peace of mind.....just incase.

https://parcelmotel.com/extend-liability/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Couple of nice cases showed up last week for me....nothing unseen before, the Leather and the Clear View. Obviously very similar to the S20 Ultras but liking the more angled, wide look to them so should suit the phone well, especially the leather which always tends to become the everyday case.
    Wouldn't put money on Exertis coming through this week after a couple of delayed experiences with them all the same, but would be a nice end to the week.

I've gotten Spigen for my last few phones and I've 1 ordered this time again, this is what I went for https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089D33K4F

The kickstand isn't recessed into the phone so the phone tilts away from you when it's "flat" but I've gotten used to it

Just got an order dispatched email from Vodafone.
    Oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Samsung UK orders dispatched today as well.

dan786 wrote: »
    Samsung UK orders dispatched today as well.
    Yes they shipped my case today. Something for me to oogle until Amazon ships the device!

• Advertisement

Just got an order dispatched email from Vodafone.
    Oh yes.

Nice one, I ordered mine from Vodafone yesterday afternoon/evening so that gives me hope that I'll have it by Friday

Advertisement