Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call my Agent

Options
  • 11-11-2020 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Imdb and a number of other sites say that Season 4 is available on Netflix. I can't see it anywhere - anyone shine a light on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Caquas

Season 4 is coming to Netflix on Thursday (21 January). We are loving the second season now so we will binge watch this weekend to get ready for season 4. It’s hilarious, everyone working at cross-purposes while exuding effortless glamour.

Much more fun and stylish than Emily in Paris which is as convincing as the replica Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jan/16/call-my-agent-get-au-fait-with-the-smash-hit-french-comedy-drama?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It is a really great series.
    I had been trying to ahem, acquire Series 4 since it finished on France TV in October.
    I knew it was coming to Netflix but had no clue when but had binged the first three series so was addicted and impatient.

Really great cast, production and storyline.

Lupin is another good French show worth checking out on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭donalh087

Can't wait for the final season of Call My Agent. Great series (and yes Sir Oxman, very difficult to track down in the usual places).

Very disappointed in Lupin. I think there is a big difference French made series and series made by Netflix in French.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

It’s a brilliant series. Think it says a lot that French stars (Jean Dujardin, Juliette Binoche, Monica Bellucci, Charlotte Gainsbourg, etc.) guest in episodes. I’d love to see Eric Cantana make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Caquas

Odeta wrote: »
    It’s a brilliant series. Think it says a lot that French stars (Jean Dujardin, Juliette Binoche, Monica Bellucci, Charlotte Gainsbourg, etc.) guest in episodes. I’d love to see Eric Cantana make an appearance.

It works for these big French stars because it gives them a global platform in hopes that the streaming giants will sign them up for a series of their own. So many Hollywood names have had a new lease of life with TV series.

I picture a bunch of talent agents in Paris trying to find opportunities on Netflix for their clients when one shouts - “We can do it! We can put on a show right here in the barn! Oh, gee, Judy, it will be just super!”

It works because the script has brilliant twists for each episode and the characters are vivid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It sadly took me a full 2 series before I twigged that all of the big stars in each episode are French stars playing themselves. I knew Audrey Fleurot from Bonfire of Destiny (also on Netflix) and then the Juliette Binoche episode confirmed it. Either way I was loving the series and still enjoying it. Is series 4 definitely the final one? I'm only a couple of episodes into Series 3 so still a bit to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Jimi H

Brilliant series. Certainly looks like season 4 was the last but I’d love if there was a fifth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Exquisite show. I'm so glad that I have 3 seasons left!

The five star reviews from the BBC and guardian were not hyperbole

Advertisement