Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any app to keep phone from auto locking after X minutes?

• 14-12-2020 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So company phone auto locks after 10 minutes. I use Strava on my phone when cycling. Are there any apps that'll prevent it from auto-locking, e.g. the app auto-refreshes or mimics a gesture after 9 mins that'll kickstart the 10 minutes?

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

wake lock might work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

wake lock might work

Cheers. There's a few with that name, I went with 'Wake Lock- CPU Awake', will test it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That's a security posture. It's there for a reason so if a phone is lost its inaccessible. Don't circumvent it.

If you need a personal phone buy one or use a wahoo/Garmin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

I use this to keep my phone alive when I'm cooking works fine

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.aboutall.android.tools.kepscreenon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Might be a good idea to check you’re allowed to install that on your company phone. There’s a good few places where you’d get in serious trouble.

• Advertisement

Tried CPU awake, didn't work. guess none will so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,032 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

dinneenp wrote: »
    Tried CPU awake, didn't work. guess none will so.

Does it lock after 10 minutes if you are using Google Maps or any other navigation app? If it does then it's a company app/policy and you could get it trouble circumventing it, if it doesn't run the navigation app in split screen with Strava

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

As somone who works in an industry that is similar, i urge you to think about what you are asking for.
    Company has put those restrictions on it to safeguard data on your phone. First thing they would do if your phone went missing would be to verify with you, and the IT team that everything is as it should be.
    Two guesses who they will blame if your unlocked phone is found and company data accessed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

phill106 wrote: »
    As somone who works in an industry that is similar, i urge you to think about what you are asking for.
    Company has put those restrictions on it to safeguard data on your phone. First thing they would do if your phone went missing would be to verify with you, and the IT team that everything is as it should be.
    Two guesses who they will blame if your unlocked phone is found and company data accessed?
    Could use tasker to enable and disable keep awake while using stravia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

swampy353 wrote: »
    Could use tasker to enable and disable keep awake while using stravia

so if phone lost, while the stravia app was open... security disabled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Could you just play one of those 12hr videos on youtube? That would keep it awake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If you have anything attached to the phone via Bluetooth you could add it as a trusted device which would keep the phone unlocked while in vicinity of the Bluetooth device. Locks once separated.

phill106 wrote: »

Good point. Will revert back to old phone from Strava on cycles.

Advertisement