Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PR Visa starting Point

Options
  • 10-03-2020 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

We are looking to move our little family to OZ (I am 34 and partner is 36 with 3 year old child) and I am looking at how to begin the process. I was in touch with UIS Australia - they offer a service to look after the process and charge $1500 dollars to do this - I then believe there will be the associated costs of the visa and other expenses needed to complete the application.
    Is this the best way to proceed?
    Does anyone have any have experience of this that they would be happy to share with me?

Thanks
    Stephen

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Hi all,

We are looking to move our little family to OZ (I am 34 and partner is 36 with 3 year old child) and I am looking at how to begin the process. I was in touch with UIS Australia - they offer a service to look after the process and charge $1500 dollars to do this - I then believe there will be the associated costs of the visa and other expenses needed to complete the application.
    Is this the best way to proceed?
    Does anyone have any have experience of this that they would be happy to share with me?

Thanks
    Stephen

I have never heard of UIS Australia but what exactly do they provide for $1500? This would only be a fraction of what it would cost for permanent visas for a family.

I think if you are willing to do the research and paperwork yourself there is no need to involve an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Like Aido said, an agent just charges you for filling out the forms. They can be daunting at first but its pretty much step by step when you start filling them out. Save yourself that $1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I had to use a migration agent as my work insisted (and paid for) but the only real value they offered was in advising on tweaking of my skills and cv to better match the skilled migration path I was following. I still had to chase down all the documents and fill in all the info anyway. If I was paying myself I wouldn't even consider using an agent. If you want to for piece of mind then your call but unless you have unusual circumstances that required specific advice I wouldn't bother.

From memory it cost c. AU$ 9-10k about 5 years ago. Half of that was agent fees rest was fees and health checks etc. I think the actual processing costs may have risen recently but best to check the official site for that.

This forum is a pretty light on active contributors these days so might be worth having a look at www.pomsinoz.com. I found it quite useful when I was going through PR.

Advertisement