Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrea Corr

Options
  • 19-03-2006 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭

Want to invite her in? ;)

ac_g_16.jpg

Aaa7.jpg

ac_c_38.jpg

Should Andrea be asked to join the Legends of the Boards Club? 62 votes

Oh yes, Come on in
    0% 0 votes
    No, piss off
    58% 36 votes
    I'm a sterile Atari Jaguar
    41% 26 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No. She may be purdy but she examplifies all that is wrong with modern Ireland.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Hell yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Eva_Longoria_192522g.jpg
    And sure while we're at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

No thanks, she doesn't look like the first picture anymore (if she ever actually did, photoshop being a wonderful thing), they're years old. Wouldn't touch her with yours tbh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Ah, but Mike. How so? :(

She's actually a highly intelligent and literate little muffin ...

unlike most of those pelvis-thrusting pop tarts out there.

Plus she comes from a "non-manufactured" band (ie. they write their own songs, play their own instruments, and she's part of a family.. can't get more natural than that). Remember The Corrs are a band criticised by some as being "too innocent" because the Fleet Street tabs couldn't dig up any dirt on them. She doesn't thrust herself into gossip columns and such, Andrea and her siblings are actually very private people.

Personally, I think she's mature, articulate, and has a lot of class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Corrs may not have been invented "Your a Star"-like but they are as manufactured as any pop group ever was. Andrea is just too plastic full of platitudes about saving the planet etc while living the high life. Say no to Andrea and her sort!

Mike.

Laguna wrote:
    No thanks, she doesn't look like the first picture anymore (if she ever actually did, photoshop being a wonderful thing), they're years old. Wouldn't touch her with yours tbh..
    A couple of recent pics Laguna (no touch-ups).

At, 31 the baby of the family still has it. :)

At the IFTAS in January.

Andrea at IFTAS
    Smile for the fans

Andrea signing autographs for fans in London late in 2005 at gate outside BBC2 Radio

These pics are somewhat big so I linked.

So Cruel Mike. :(

t78.jpg

Mike, why do you think she's full of platitudes? The Corrs have gigged a few benefit concerts over their decade long careers ... but who hasn't? The band and Andrea have been very discreet about their charity work. They're not megaphone celebrities. The fact that you suggest so indicates that you are not aware of their level of involvement and the charity work they have done.

The main cause that Andrea has been involved with the last few years is the Tin Whistles for Teachers program, a music initiative for primary school children in Ireland. Makes sense since she's Irish, plays the tin whistle, and wants to promote music. Nothing "Save the World" about that.

She's never interrupted a concert to proselytise or push a cause. Never. Her approach is about as far from Bono and Sinead as you can get.

Ah well Mike, people will have opinions and it's just a silly poll. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Lirange wrote:
    So Cruel Mike. :(

Mike, why do you think she's full of platitudes? The Corrs have gigged a few benefit concerts over their decade long careers ... but who hasn't? The band and Andrea have been very discreet about their charity work. They're not megaphone celebrities. The fact that you suggest so indicates that you are not aware of their level of involvement and the charity work they have done.

The main cause that Andrea has been involved with the last few years is the Tin Whistles for Teachers program, a music initiative for primary school children in Ireland. Makes sense since she's Irish, plays the tin whistle, and wants to promote music. Nothing "Save the World" about that.

She's never interrupted a concert to proselytise or push a cause. Never. Her approach is about as far from Bono and Sinead as you can get.

Ah well Mike, people will have opinions and it's just a silly poll. :p
    You're Jim Corr aren't you?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

ah ya would but not a legend of boards, shes got a myspace which she updates regular

blu_sonic wrote:
    ah ya would but not a legend of boards, shes got a myspace which she updates regular
    Tisn't her. That's one of thousands of celeb impersonators on myspace.

Laguna wrote:

No I'm not Jimmy. You think her brother would have incestuous desires Laguna?

BTW, check out the photo shoot she did from a few months ago! :eek:

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=451349&page=0&vc=&PHPSESSID=#Post451349

Possibly the outcome of this poll could be more of an indictment of Boards.ie than of Andrea. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Judean Reg

I was lucky enough to be in the center of the 2nd row at their last gig in the point. Oh, what that a sight that was to behold. I wouldn't normaly be into very skinny women but Andrea deffo does it for me. A legend in every sense of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Look at the first pic, thats ancient, check out the brogaí (sp?), nasty looking... not very sexy at all.

i knew a fella who went out with her, years ago before the corrs were famous, said she was very up herself. now attitude is sexy, but that doesnt sound like a sexy attitude to me.

no andrea, out with you!!

rsta wrote:
    i knew a fella who went out with her
    :rolleyes:

rsta wrote:
    Look at the first pic, thats ancient, check out the brogaí (sp?), nasty looking... not very sexy at all.
    er wot?

Here are some recent pics. Taken last Monday (May 8th) outside the Sony Awards. The baby of the family turns 32 Wednesday. Andrea still looks great to me.
    http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=6&Number=558141&Searchpage=5&Main=558141&Words=&topic=1&Search=true#Post558141

Mind, I do realise that for some fellas the fact that she doesn't have bleached blonde hair and that she doesn't fulfill your cup size criterion are insurmountable shortcomings for your ehmm ... discriminating tastes. ;)

That she has never gone goldilocks and never went under the knife for a pair of chest tyres further separates her from the talentless bootycall bombshells that dominate the public eye these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Lirange wrote:
    Andrea still looks great to me.

Mind, I do realise that for some fellas the fact that she doesn't have bleached blonde hair and that she doesn't fulfill your cup size criterion are insurmountable shortcomings for your ehmm ... discriminating tastes. ;)

Oh she is just too skinny looking, (but the shoes in that pic are nice. But what I'm saying is her attitude is all stuck up... sorry mate, she doesn't appeal to me at all.

this pic from your website is the only one i clicked on, like i said nice shoes but too skinny.[IMG][/img]yeryanfromdecorrs.jpg

and your comment on cup size criterion and bleached blonde hair... hmm well thats all personal taste isnt it? and its the girls choice btw to style /dress herself how she likes.

All im saying is no! out with andrea corr!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

hobbesgetsgirl.jpg

rsta wrote:
    Oh she is just too skinny looking, (but the shoes in that pic are nice. But what I'm saying is her attitude is all stuck up... sorry mate, she doesn't appeal to me at all.

this pic from your website is the only one i clicked on, like i said nice shoes but too skinny.

and your comment on cup size criterion and bleached blonde hair... hmm well thats all personal taste isnt it? and its the girls choice btw to style /dress herself how she likes.
    Of course, out of 20 something odd pics you pick basically the only one that's somewhat unflattering. The "only one" you clicked on.

A more representative pic.
    8742.jpg

Hey, if you don't fancy her because she's too skinny, she's not blonde, or something along those lines that's one thing. That is down to individual preference. You don't need anymore reason that that. But to pile on with the comment that "her attitude is stuck up" is transparent and dishonest. You are obviously not a fan. You have little interest in her or what she's up to. You don't know enough about her to make that assertion. Anyone making such a claim about character should back it up. Just being a celebrity doesn't cut it.

She has earned my respect and admiration for much more than her looks. She has a sharp intellect and is very generous/accomodating with the public. In school she was a Jodie Foster-like prodigy. Of course that is just my opinion and though I don't "know her" peronally I certainly have a better idea than some one who has only a passing vague familiarity that is smearing her character.

In honour of Andrea's birthday today a couple more recent pics.

StarAcademy1.jpg

corrs4a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Laguna wrote:
    Anyone remember that program with Zig and Zag called 2Phat?

If you do, do you remember the campaign they had called "Justice for Jim" ?

They looked at some Corrs videos and spotted that the women were stepping in front of him all throughout the video! It was hilarious.

Advertisement