Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz - Can you locate all 50 US states?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Yeah got 70%, got a few mid west and small new England states mixed up.

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Interesting quiz

Got 50/50 with 3:44 left but I did half guess at 1 or 2 around the middle, I love Geography though. I used to go asleep reading maps as a child so I was hoping to do well!

Jaysus I nearly missed the Ireland one, I got that 100% in 52 seconds, nearly mixed up Monaghan and Armagh though.

I'd say a quiz of African countries would be tough, I'd be happy with anything over 50% in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Jaysus I nearly missed the Ireland one, I got that 100% in 52 seconds, nearly mixed up Monaghan and Armagh though.

I'd say a quiz of African countries would be tough, I'd be happy with anything over 50% in that!

Here you go: https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/africa?sc=africa

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

AllForIt wrote: »
    I got north Dakota wrong even though I'd already done south Dakota
    Of course. Because North Dakota doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

44%

Stubby fingers meant i kept hitting the wrong ones in the north east cluster

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any of you getting an annoying eir promotion pop-up ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just did it again . Seem to hit the one beside what I'm after .
    Plus chubby thumbs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Yes the midwest is difficult, Texas and California must be the most recognisable shapes though

The seterra.com site has one version of the US states quiz which is just the shapes. Not easy!

The seterra quizzes are good because you can switch the mode so that you can label the stuff you know first before moving to the tricky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I knew Kilkenny bordered Tipp but didn't realise it was so far south as I thought it bordered Offaly. Also thought Carlow was more central. But I am a nordie so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Peregrine wrote: »
    41/50

I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missouri.

47 right, and Mo was the first one I got wrong.

I tried again immediately after and almost immediately got Mo wrong again, clicking on the same effing state.

/raging

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

fryup wrote: »
    any of you getting an annoying eir promotion pop-up ??

Yeah, I got a dodgy page as well. I think it just works off which ISP you are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I got 48 out of 50 with 5:05 remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Curious to see what your US geography skills are like.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Matt/find_the_states

Only 18.2% of users can successfully locate all 50 states on a map, 45-49 is the most common score. Quite surprising really given most of the users are almost certainly American.

I got all 50 with 4:44 remaining, but I follow US politics which helps. Don't worry about the time, the quicker you do it, the more likely you are to make a mistake.

The tragic thing is I actually did the Irish 32 county quiz and failed. :(
    https://online.seterra.com/en/vgp/3150

To be fair I moved to Northern Ireland aged 14 and have lived here since so some of geography south of Dublin isn't great (got mixed up between Laois and Offaly!)[/QUOTE

I got 44. It's the ones in the centre that always throw me. I always think Idaho is not as far west and the redneck states like Kansas and Arkansas always confound me.

Me and my partner play a game sometimes where we have to name a stage each until we run out... we normally get about 46 or 47 and forget something like Oklahoma or Idaho.
    It's actually mad people in Ireland know all the states just from TV and news but most Americans couldn't point out France on a map.

I think you'll find that most Americans don't even know the capital of the state in which they reside and even fewer could name more than 10 states. By comparison most Irish people could name at least 25 of the 32 counties. GAA boggers could name them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There are actually four Commonwealths and 46 states to be pedantic.

Might be useful in a pub quiz to bamboozle the questionnaire.

northknife wrote: »
    Has Mr. Trump tried this.
    Probably only get 20/50 ����

That's being pretty charitable considering the arsehole thought Kansas City was in Kansas. Well some of it is but the Kansas City Chiefs who won the SB are a Missouri team.

He spoke of timezones like "nambia and nipple" and of building a wall between Colorado and Mexico. So I think 20 / 50 would be out of the question for the doofus.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

50/50, 5:12.

It helps that the only ones I can't recall being in are Idaho, Vermont and North Dakota and Wisconsin. Interestingly, contrary to many here I find West and Mid-West to be very easy, it's the central South and NorthEast I need to slow down and take my time over. Then again, when it takes seven hours to drive one end of Wyoming to the other (700km) it gives you plenty of time to ponder where you are on the map and when you'll get to the next damned state over. Or even the next town. There's a whole lot of not very much there.

My Irish knowledge, however, is a little lacking. I got about 34% on the first try. 60% second try.
    I think you'll find that most Americans don't even know the capital of the state in which they reside and even fewer could name more than 10 states. By comparison most Irish people could name at least 25 of the 32 counties. GAA boggers could name them all.

Hyperbole, much?

kneemos wrote: »
    There are actually four Commonwealths and 46 states to be pedantic.

Might be useful in a pub quiz to bamboozle the questionnaire.

I remember seeing that on QI years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

43/50
    Not too bad but i thought i'd do better.
    Confused Arizona with Nevada, Oklahoma with Nebraska and got a lot of the northeast states mixed up (Rhode Island, Delaware etc).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

36/50 with 3 minutes left

Advertisement