Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

just stayin in drinkin 2nite

• 31-12-2019 9:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

coz phuck it. cudnt b bothered, was working till 6 and just wanna chill with 8 cans of Guinness and a naggin of whiskey

so watching joe rogan, chattin to me ma, makin snacks and nursin some lovely cans, and a few hot ones later on.

anyone else stayin in chillage :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

on can number 3, some great tips in the Christmas eve Guinness thread, got the old freezer tilt dry glass combo

fair city was disappointing tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Drinking wine and staying in myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Bottle of prosecco and party food ...feet up watching telly. Wouldn't rather be anywhere else.

Happy new years fellow chillers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Watching Kill Bill (1&2), eating homemade quiche and will open a bottle of fizz around 10.

I live the life of an international rockstar, me :pac:

Just after a pizza and I don’t think I’ll open my beer at all. 12 is looking a long way away at this stage as I woke up at 5:30 this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Half Bottle of scotch with a few lines then get the kids to bed and then a few bangers

Taking it easy tonight up early to start the scrambler for the young lad in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Feeling very dull with my wine now :p

Half Bottle of scotch with a few lines then get the kids to bed and then a few bangers

Taking it easy tonight up early to start the scrambler for the young lad in the morning

I forgot about the fireworks. Probably isn’t worth going to the scratcher before 12 so. There’s usually a right go of them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

No booze for me I might stick on a movie later.

joe rogan, joey diaz... class :)

• Advertisement

No booze for me I might stick on a movie later.

dude treat yourself, checkout a joe rogan podcast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

Staying in. No drinking. Did dry Jan last year which turned into fit Feb and before I knew it was dry Dec!? Feeling fab and heres to 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

Who's on with jools Holland?, can be worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

LaFuton wrote: »
    dude treat yourself, checkout a joe rogan podcast

I'm up to date on Joe. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling on my third sober New Years Eve here in sunny Fuerteventura.

Will watch the hotel fireworks display later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm staying in, and just finished a movie I picked at random: When Harry Met Sally. I hadn't seen that for at least 15 years, and totally forgot that some pivotal scenes take place on New Year's Eve. I wonder whether my subconscious is having a laugh at me. Drinks will be a couple of G&Ts, and I do mean "a couple" literally. I expect to be asleep before midnight.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Find myself feeling very down on NYE every year, so I prefer to stay in and go to bed soon after the countdown.

TV is desperate tonight though! My parents were watching Dame Edna and I said to my sister and niece that it's somehow worse than Mrs Brown's Boys... and now they've put on Mrs Brown's Boys on RTE :pac: Brought that on myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

coz phuck it. cudnt b bothered, was working till 6 and just wanna chill with 8 cans of Guinness and a naggin of whiskey

so watching joe rogan, chattin to me ma, makin snacks and nursin some lovely cans, and a few hot ones later on.

anyone else stayin in chillage :)

Knowing you could have done anything, whatever, and didn't, is a grand aul feeling. Cos phuck it, as you put it.

I cuda gone out tonight, but herself hasn't been well over Christmas and I now have the crazy company of 2 Tom kittens who are 6 months old, stone nuts, and the offspring of a feral Tom (christened Lucky) who I started taking care of in late 2017.
    Just finishing a bottle of Piccini Memoro Italia (very splendid) and ruminating over some Tesco XO in the press while I also ruminate over the cartography these 2 cats have cut into my hands in recent skirmishes.
    Rogues apart, NYE is a state of mind. If you're a Christmas baby and a Celt, even better. Reflect, at home, reflect in company, quiet or raucous, but observe this night and commit to be more present in all that you do in 2020, be it praying, working, loving or even something negative and destructive. Be present.
    Good wine this...

voldejoie wrote: »
    Find myself feeling very down on NYE every year, so I prefer to stay in and go to bed soon after the countdown.

TV is desperate tonight though! My parents were watching Dame Edna and I said to my sister and niece that it's somehow worse than Mrs Brown's Boys... and now they've put on Mrs Brown's Boys on RTE :pac: Brought that on myself!

we're hair for u bud :)

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Knowing you could have done anything, whatever, and didn't, is a grand aul feeling. Cos phuck it, as you put it.

I cuda gone out tonight, but herself hasn't been well over Christmas and I now have the crazy company of 2 Tom kittens who are 6 months old, stone nuts, and the offspring of a feral Tom (christened Lucky) who I started taking care of in late 2017.
    Just finishing a bottle of Piccini Memoro Italia (very splendid) and ruminating over some Tesco XO in the press while I also ruminate over the cartography these 2 cats have cut into my hands in recent skirmishes.
    Rogues apart, NYE is a state of mind. If you're a Christmas baby and a Celt, even better. Reflect, at home, reflect in company, quiet or raucous, but observe this night and commit to be more present in all that you do in 2020, be it praying, working, loving or even something negative and destructive. Be present.
    Good wine this...

so ur in new york with cats, wine and some wrecked art?
    sorry to hear ur wife not feeling well, hope she gets well soon bud

• Advertisement

soo feelin da love, only on can no 4 (ffs christ) and still got 4 more and a naggin oh powers finest, got a few fireworks under something in the spare room...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,930 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Staying in tonight myself. Ordered a Chinese earlier and just watching telly now. Not much on regular TV so continuing my unplanned rewatch of The Shield (such a good show!) :)

soo feelin da love, only on can no 4 (ffs christ) and still got 4 more and a naggin oh powers finest, got a few fireworks under something in the spare room...

Go and have a **** there. By the looks of it, you may not make it through the night with your hands intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

NYE's television is always crap, the should just put on a decent film take a break at midnight to countdown the new year and go back to the film.
    The biggest joke of all ( and I know I'm going to ruffle a few feathers here) is Jools Holland which is filmed in October / November with everyone pretending it's New Years Eve.
    Una Healy on RTÉ (God help us) and a concert featuring Walking on Cars, is it my imagination or do the perform at that concert every year? Yawn!

Do RTE not do a big outdoor thing? Or is Una a budget cut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Anyone in the INEC? Came alone and regretting it a little now. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The best NYE I had was when I fell asleep and missed all the sh1t surrounding it

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Just started on the Teacher's.

I’m eating my own body weight in Lindt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Not drinking. Just having a Pepsi max and spending the evening watching the new season of The Expanse and playing Metal Gear Solid 5..

Lol love that stuff! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

You just reminded me there's Lindor there, dream :D

Enjoy! Haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Second G & T and lookin' forward to Jools Holland.
    Hope its better than last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Needs Must wrote: »
    Who's on with jools Holland?, can be worth a look

Rick Astley!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Stereophonics.
    Oh yeah!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

new year's eve i always find utterly depressing another year older another year nearer death

*as you can gather i'm great fun to be with, that's why i'm here alone browsing the web

This Last Leg program is horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

I’m staying in tonight, watching TV and drinking some wine.

Is everyone enjoying New Years Eve so far? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

John wick 3 on netflix, I'm wrecked, might not make midnight :-p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

This Last Leg program is horrendous.

Except for Sara Pascoe's legs, top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Staying in tonight myself. Ordered a Chinese earlier and just watching telly now. Not much on regular TV so continuing my unplanned rewatch of The Shield (such a good show!) :)

Oh I like you more now :D

I'm going to finish off The Expanse and play some tank shooty games. Cba with NYE, everywhere's jammers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I'd be in bed by now if a few family members weren't here, the prospect of having to stay up for another hour and a half isn't filling me with joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ruben James

I'm grand myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I made a lamb curry for 4.
    There might be enough to last till thursday depending on how much i eat of it tonight.

Soon ill read some Neal Cassiday while listening to Bauhaus. Around 11:50 ill open the blinds and sit with the lights turned off while looking out the window. This feels like the right thing to do after being delivered home in the back of a van by thinkers last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That's it then, off to bed. night night. Happy New Year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Do RTE not do a big outdoor thing? Or is Una a budget cut?

Who is she ? And why does she have a NYE gig?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Who is she ? And why does she have a NYE gig?

She’s a big ride and she has an NYE gig because she’s a big ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The blonde wan there is absolutely stunning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

She’s a big ride and she has an NYE gig because she’s a big ride.

Im a bigger ride and I have no NYE gig :(.

• Advertisement
Advertisement