Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Leo Varadkar so popular?

Options
  • 28-01-2018 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭

According to the media polls Varadkar enjoys a 60+ % approval rating with the Irish public.

The outraged types are a little perplexed.

I have a theory here. I don't think it is the Brexit thing giving him that much of a boost or even the attacks from British tory papers.

I think it's his comments on people "getting up early in the morning". Alot of media tried shoot him down over that remark thinking this would play well with their readership. Not sure the public mood was accurately judged.

Although when your predecessors include Brian Cowan and your opponent is a remnant of that nightmarish time around 2010 maybe it's not that hard to be most popular since the man himself.

He has not actually done that much either.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

He's done nothing, thats why. In an age where politicans and non politicians can cause a lot of misery by showing up, promising the world and screwing up royally, just having an empty suit to keep things ticking over can look like a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

He's done nothing, thats why. In an age where politicans and non politicians can cause a lot of misery by showing up, promising the world and screwing up royally, just having an empty suit to keep things ticking over can look like a godsend.

Pretty much. All the savage cuts and taxes were brought in by his predecessors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I thought we were phasing out politics from After Hours?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

He’s fvckin abhorrent and a completely ineffectual leader.

Same time he stuck it up to the Brits in brexit in a way tha no Taoiseach in our history ever would have outside maybe haughey.

Bertie cowen Kenny all of them would have rolled over like puppies st those meetings and we’d be fvcked.
    Leo bit first and wasn’t rolling over. And still isn’t. I’ll give that much to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

The fact he rubs a lot of knuckle draggers in the less developed counties up the wrong way just by his personal choice of partner gets my vote :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

YFlyer wrote: »
    I thought we were phasing out politics from After Hours?

Mod: "Yes we can" - Leo Varadkar

Discussion currently taking place in Politics here. Please read the charter before posting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement