Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you sue a friend for theft/property damage?

• 01-01-2020 11:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

If your friend broke your expensive €2000 DSLR camera accidentally and refused to pay for it, would you be suing them?

What if they nicked a piece of jewellery from you?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭FAMLEE

Depends.. how long have you been friends?

If your friend broke your expensive €2000 DSLR camera accidentally and refused to pay for it, would you be suing them?

If they nicked jewellery from me or the missus, unless they were drug/drink dependant i would kick the absolute living shi1t out of them ensuring they would never walk again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

FAMLEE wrote: »
    If they nicked jewellery from me or the missus, unless they were drug/drink dependant i would kick the absolute living shi1t out of them ensuring they would never walk again.

That's about three years in prison I'd say.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

F*ck off with your bull**** threads. Happy new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Maybe.

Is it worth sueing for something like that though? You would want some solid evidence and witnesses and then you have to bother with the time off work. Then you have the risk that the case will fall flat on your face and you end up paying for yer mans legal fees. Better spending the energy on making yer man into a pariah

If its 4 or 5k of damage it becomes more worth the trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Even if drug/drink dependant. I'd be going to the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Why not make an attempt to better him with some threads of your own?

That's about three years in prison I'd say.

Aye, but only if your circle of friends is enclined to run and squeal to the pigs

Even if drug/drink dependant. I'd be going to the guards.

Maybe that'd be you, but ive had friends in low places at times..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

You can go to small claims court for minor damage done to your property. The limit is €2,000. I'm not sure if that would cover your camera or not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    You can go to small claims court for minor damage done to your property. The limit is €2,000. I'm not sure if that would cover your camera or not.

What about theft? Would you report on a friend that stole from you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It depends what they stole. A tenner from my wallet? Nah, I'd ask them and if they denied it, cut them off. Got hold of my bank card and spent €1,000 online? Absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Aye, but only if your circle of friends is enclined to run and squeal to the pigs

Well one of your "friends" has just stolen jewellery from you, so can you really trust the rest of them to be on your side.... Maybe they're all put to screw you for something.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Then they are not my friend are they?

I wouldn't sue but the friendship is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Why would your circle of friends run to some farm yard animals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

What camera and how did they break it?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Why would your circle of friends run to some farm yard animals?

They wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

tedpan wrote: »
    What camera and how did they break it?

Probably more like how did the OP break it?

Ahh Bertie!!

Don't be mean :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's a big stretch for us to imagine you having any friends.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,817 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If I was badly stuck for money I might but other wise I'd just try and brush it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

If I was badly stuck for money I might but other wise I'd just try and brush it off.

You'd brush off two grand?

Anyway, looks like another wind up thread from the OP..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Ahh Bertie!!

Don't be mean :(
    Normally I would probably agree with you Perse. There are far worse things someone can be doing than creating lots of threads that they don't contribute to on a web forum. Harmless enough, he could be out causing trouble to people in real life so what's the harm?...... Except when he asks other people questions like this

Burglary, theft, embezzlment, drug muling?

A serious question for you, if those crimes came to light and the DPP said that you'd definitely be getting a custodial sentence, would you kill yourself before going to prison

It's difficult to get me to say a genuine bad word about someone normally, I always have and hopefully always will try to see good in people and I will admit I am more than likely very biased here as I am in mourning over the suicide of beloved person in my life but an absolutely stupid, pathetic and trolling question like that was the moment I turned on this Fegelien fellah. He has said some very questionable things before of course and I never really cared because I never believed anything he has said. I think he is a troll and an absolute twat.

I have broken at least two Boards.ie rules in this post and will take whatever punishment the Mods see fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

About 15 years ago, A friend and I went half on a camera (It's was about 500 euro each) we had dreams of making films together. He lost interest pretty quick
    in making films and it tore a hole in our friendship. He took the camera out while on his quad bike and ended up smashing it. I never forget him coming round to my house, handing me the camera and saying to me hopefully, I can find someone to fix it. Our friendship didn't last long after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Right, this c u next Tuesday is going on my ignore list.

Advertisement