Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half Life: Alyx VR

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Wonder is the warehouse where the Rift would get distributed from in Dublin operational at all this week.

Bought it Monday night and got a mail saying it will be shipped by today from Dublin. Would be nice to have when the restrictions inevitably get extended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

doylefe wrote: »
    Wonder is the warehouse where the Rift would get distributed from in Dublin operational at all this week.

Bought it Monday night and got a mail saying it will be shipped by today from Dublin. Would be nice to have when the restrictions inevitably get extended.

also give the box a bit of an antibacterial wipe down when you get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    How much physical space do you need in a room to play this? I'm thinking my current office / gaming room could be very tight for it.

Thinking Rift S if that makes any difference.

I'm. Playing standing at the seated zone. Think it's one metre by one metre. Works fine.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

I decided to scrap my save (I wasn't too far into it) and restart again on Hard (I won't get much time for a replay as I've got a huge backlog so want my single playthrough to be as challenging and realistic as possible). I'm also going to avoid upgrading the pistol scope to make it more realistic which means my aim has to be true instead of assisted.

Playing wirelessly via Quest and Virtual Desktop too.

In order to get max framerate I've had to downgrade the visuals slightly compared to when I was playing using the cable, but the freedom of being wireless more than makes up for it!

Definitely recommend!

Man I'm so glad I didn't get the pistol sight upgrade on my 2nd playthrough... so damn rewarding and challenging.

I saved my resin to get the ammo extender as my first upgrade on the pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Just had a proper session tonight, well, up to chapter 4. Gotta be more conservative with my fecking ammo.

Those armored headcrabs will give me a ****ing heart attack.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Just had a proper session tonight, well, up to chapter 4. Gotta be more conservative with my fecking ammo.

Those armored headcrabs will give me a ****ing heart attack.

Playing on hard is..well.. hard... ammo runs out so quickly.

I'm looking forward to a melee mod so that I can attack with a crowbar when ammo runs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Shred

I'm not sure what chapter I'm on atm but those
    electric ray-type things that re-animate zombies
    are fúckers :D. The section before that in
    the hotel with the barnacles and loads of the dark spider-like headcrabs
    was amazing in how much more conservative my approach was in comparison to a regular (non-VR) game as it's so visceral!
    As an aside, as great as it is with the Vive I decided to bite the bullet and order an Index last night to fully experience it, it'll be great when it arrives in 2021 :pac:

Holy crap
    Jeff!
    :D That whole section bright back many happy memories of the
    3 headed Tenticle
    in HL1!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

How exactly are you suppose to aim the pistol? I got the red dot thing at first, didn't like it and felt i was more accurate without it so reverted back to a previous save.

Now i realize I can't aim the thing for **** either way.

I assume you have the Reflex Sight (the first available upgrade)? If so you need to get the yellow dot to line up with the target which adds to the tension early on, especially with the Armored Head Crabs!

I just finished it there, holy crap that
    ending
    :eek:
    I kind of got emotional tbh :o
    . As always, I can't wait to see what Valve do next and in the meantime I'll be playing through this multiple times just like every other Half Life game (can't wait to see what it's like with the Index).
    An(other) absolutely brilliant game which needs to be played to truly understand just how good it is (Youtube etc videos will never convey what a VR title is really like), top job Valve!

Only at the hotel now with the
    ****ing electric things
    - feel i've a good bit to go yet!

Yeah they're difficult alright, especially later in that chapter! You're on chapter 5 there btw, there's
    chapters in total.

Echoing the sentiments of the internet but Chapter 7 was excellent. Plenty of **** your pants moments.

God it's such a blast from the past mixed with VR. So good.

Flailing around the place for bottles, grenades, etc etc.

ebd09ce02b4b9b7c3d59eb442ee6afe22f20d291.gif

They've added liquids to bottles now in today's update... looks pretty funky!

• Advertisement
Advertisement