Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone move home options

• 19-01-2021 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

Hi All, bit of advice needed. I sent a move home request to Vodafone over a month a go at this stage, moving my fixed home broadband to our new home. I would have to pay the remaining months of the contract and for Vodafone to move my account they require a new 12 month contract agreed to. Originally opened in May 2020 so still within the original one year contract. To date the move process has been exceptionally slow with no sign of broadband being installed in my new home. Vodafone have asked Sky via Eir that old line at my new property has been closed prior to opening a new line. I am currently tethering off phone and it's sufficient for my Internet needs. I've gone through the Ts and Cs but after a month with no Internet due to issues on Vodafone's side would they be in breach of contract and can I walk away without having to pay the remaining months does anyone know? Can exactly find the relevant T and C applicable here..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but i am in the same situation, did you find a solution?

Actually i moved house and no longer want vodafone (i have a new provider) but cannot leave the old contract active as new person need to set up their own but new provider saying contract still active in my name of course ....

This is a giant pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Just thought I'd let everyone know the resolution to this. I ended up having to pay the cancelation fee, i. e. Oustanding time of contract without any of the promotions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

It's the same with Eir too and Sky. Eir used to have a cancellation charge of upto 150e if you had broadband only but I believe that is gone now. Sky wanted to charge me 55e x remaining number of months when I moved out of rented house share even though I was actually only paying 35e per month normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

Hi All, i honestly cant remember and have no record how this was rectified. Moved to eir and renewed again with them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 coolinch

Vodafone are a joke, I sent a Home Move request to Vodafone in Nov 2021 (Had to do it twice and then ring them as no response), I moved house on Dec 1. They notified me that my installation date was on 16/12/21 between 08.30 and 13.30, the engineer called but was unable to install the broadband as there was an issue. I recieved another text on Monday 20/12/2021 to say that and engineer would call on 22/12/2021 between 12.30 and 17.00, however later that same day this visit was cancelled as 'further work is required before installation'.

On Thursday Jan 20 2022, I recieved a text from Vodafone to inform me that the necessary works were to be completed on 22/2/2022, however work was not carried out, I rang Vodafone, spoke to their Customer Service and after he 'checked' he assured me that the necessary works were being carried out on March 4 2022, once again no work has been carried out. Still no communication from Vodafone!!

Four months later and no broadband. Can I make a complaint to Comreg or what would you suggest?

• Advertisement
Advertisement