Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who provides the best support?

Options
  • 11-01-2021 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

After 20 years with Eir I'm looking to shift to someone who provides proper customer support. I've spent the weekend trying to sort my broadband but...

Eir have remove their log a fault online form
    Eir don't provide support on Sunday
    Eir chat is down
    I've been on hold for over 30 mins waiting to talk to an agent.

Given that we are working from home, Broadband connectivity is essential. Who provides the best support for landline/FTTH in people's experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

In my experience, Pure Telecom with a Siro connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pauljcallan

I would also vote for Pure Telecom for customer service. They provide service over both the Eir and Siro networks, go for Siro if you can get it in your location. The install may take a while as the would be running new cable, but its worth the wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Zvordauk wrote: »
    After 20 years with Eir I'm looking to shift to someone who provides proper customer support. I've spent the weekend trying to sort my broadband but...

Eir chat is down

Given that we are working from home, Broadband connectivity is essential. Who provides the best support for landline/FTTH in people's experience?

What issue have you been having. If you have a line fault you will have the same problems with any other provider using the same line. If it's a wireless issue it's your own problem, it's most likely down to local interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zvordauk

What issue have you been having. If you have a line fault you will have the same problems with any other provider using the same line. If it's a wireless issue it's your own problem, it's most likely down to local interference.
    Agreed. It was a line issue. My problem was not the time it took for OpenEir to resolve the issue, rather the hassle I had logging the fault in the first place. I wasted a lot of time unnecessarily trying to do this. Knowing that the infrastructure team are the same, if I could have logged it efficiently I would have had two days less downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Digiweb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Any company that doesn't require a million self service PINs or half day waiting times to simply address an issue with your account/line. Unfortunately the 2 big players have become insufferable ie vodafone and eir. Sky are easy to get through to but cancellation etc is a pain. All the rest are smaller Irish based retailers who seem to understand how to answer a phone or reply to an email in a prompt fashion.
    I've good experience with pure. From their interactions here, digiweb and airwire seem to be very proactive. I'm sure the rest are similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

Zvordauk wrote: »

Eir chat is down

If your in there area I'd give a vote to westnet
    There customer services for there wisp is excellent.
    Theres no bulls1hite with them I couldn'tget a solid connectionwith trees in the way and they told me that unlike a certain company who banged it up while I was at work and rang me to say it was working fine no problem until i got home and it was a disaster how they had the check to charge 60 a month is unreal.(i am currently using two routers with sim cards for my internet Use)
    My mother in law has being with them for years with no problems and I hope to get ftth off them when available

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

I would also vote for Pure Telecom for customer service. They provide service over both the Eir and Siro networks, go for Siro if you can get it in your location.

Why is the SIRO connection better than EIR? I am thinking of switching to Pure Telecom but cannot get SIRO.

Advertisement