Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

grayzer75 wrote: »
    It was very sad that the two young fellas and the elderly lady were caught up in it but as for Mountbatten I couldn't care either way tbh, it's one less peado roaming the planet.

Seeing that one of them was his grandson I dare say he did care...

What we do know without a shadow of a doubt that the IRA killed two young teenagers and an 83 old woman, along with an old man.
    We know that the IRA never cared for the victim of their actions, be they old ladies or young boys as young as 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

markodaly wrote: »
    Seeing that one of them was his grandson I dare say he did care...

What we do know without a shadow of a doubt that the IRA killed two young teenagers and an 83 old woman, along with an old man.
    We know that the IRA never cared for the victim of their actions, be they old ladies or young boys as young as 3.

As I said the two young lads and the old lady were sad losses, the other one definitely wasn't.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Mountbatten was assassinated in 1979 - that's 41 years ago, personally that's before I, and I'm sure probably a good few other number of other posters in these threads were even born mark.

Yet twenty year tax avoidance scams are ancient history? You're some chancer.

Dare I say its very relevant seeing as the convicted murderer of these kids was putting put posters for SF in 2011.

Want to discuss FG. There is a thread for that.
    This is for SF and their actions both past and present.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

It achieved it's aim of striking at the heart of the regiment who were responsible for the deaths on Bloody Sunday. It made the Brits realise they were up against a formidable enemy who they were unable to beat.

Doubt many Republicans of that time would of believed that someday the leaders of SF would be attending COBRA meetings with the British military, deciding how best to look after NI on behalf of the British!

As I said the two young lads and the old lady were sad losses, the other one definitely wasn't.

In your opinion.

He was still callously murdered 4 people. At least if the IRA gunman did it one on one, against mountbatten you can say something, but instead, he detonated a bomb, which he knew was full of innocent people, via remote control.

A pathetic coward who took two innocent boys with him and an old lady to get his target. That's all I can say of that IRA murderer.
    Its par of the course though.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    I remember it well. Completely shocked by it, so much for the Cead Mile Failte.

Sinn Fein/IRA at the time had no hesitation in killing children.

Sinn Fein/IRA killed more children than the British Security forces.
    So much for being freedom fighters.

markodaly wrote: »
    In your opinion.

He was still callously murdered 4 people. At least if the IRA gunman did it one on one, against mountbatten you can say something, but instead, he detonated a bomb, which he knew was full of innocent people, via remote control.

A pathetic coward who took two innocent boys with him and an old lady to get his target. That's all I can say of that IRA murderer.
    Its par of the course though.

I agree it shouldn't have been done like that, a bullet in the head would've been a better job for that dirty dog.

Thankfully the IRA have stopped their bombing campaign whereas the Brits are still dropping bombs on civilians around the world.

Several threads have been started over the years on British actions that were unacceptable.

Every single time without exception, not a single poster offers an excuse for them, or compares what they did to other atrocities.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Sinn Fein/IRA threads where the victim mentality of the Irish Republican comes to the fore, and they can't see beyond that.

This is the key difference.

You wont and do not see people making excuses about other killings carried out by loyalists or the BA. You just don't.

But when the murder of children at the hands of the IRA is mentioned, out comes the 'Ah sure it was a war' excuse, as if that justifies the unjustifiable.

Its pathetic really.

SF/IRA never owned up to their doings and wanton murder.

jh79 wrote: »
    Doubt many Republicans of that time would of believed that someday the leaders of SF would be attending COBRA meetings with the British military, deciding how best to look after NI on behalf of the British!

Not all republicans followed SF's path.

"The lorry's driver, Anthony Wood (aged 19), was one of those killed. All that remained of Wood's body was his pelvis, welded to the seat by the fierce heat of the blast."

I find your description of that as a "good operation" to be one of the most nauseating and disgusting things I have read on this site.

Your nauseating on this,on same week the state should likely be commerating 100 years since kilmicheal is surely hypocritical?

What the difference between an auxie and a member of parachute regiment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

The financial shenanigans are no worse than that of Denis O'Brien, Dermot Desmond, Michael Smurfit, JP McManus, Larry Goodman or that Dutch band U2. If they can do it 'legally' then so can SF or anybody else. Although the only time you cry about it is when it's not a FFG backer doing it.
    'Serious' for whom? Certainly not serious enough for SIPO to take action.

So you are both saying that as long as no laws are broken political parties are free to do and behave however they want? You don't think it's reasonable to expect that elected officials behave ethically?

Your nauseating on this,on same week the state should likely be commerating 100 years since kilmicheal is surely hypocritical?

What the difference between an auxie and a member of parachute regiment?

It's all fake on his behalf just to take a pop at SF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

It achieved it's aim of striking at the heart of the regiment who were responsible for the deaths on Bloody Sunday. It made the Brits realise they were up against a formidable enemy who they were unable to beat.

Did they PIRA win?
    At the end the PIRA had killed more catholics than anyone else.
    https://www.wesleyjohnston.com/users/ireland/past/troubles/troubles_stats.html
    These numbers don't include the women they raped, or the children they abused.
    At the end the Catholics wanted the rid of the PIRA more than anyone else.

So you are both saying that as long as no laws are broken political parties are free to do and behave however they want? You don't think it's reasonable to expect that elected officials behave ethically?

Exactly, just follow the auld FF and FG rulebook - no laws broken then nothing wrong and move on.

Not all republicans followed SF's path.

Yeah who can forget the Omagh bombing. Another glorious "win" for the PIRA and it's break offs
    I suppose unborn babies provide a huge threat to the PIRA

Did they PIRA win?

I never said they won, I said the Brits realised they couldn't beat them. It ended in stalemate and that's why we are where we are.

Yeah who can forget the Omagh bombing. Another glorious "win" for the PIRA and it's break offs
    I suppose unborn babies provide a huge threat to the PIRA

Just goes to show how little you know really. You are absolutely clueless lol.

I never said they won, I said the Brits realised they couldn't beat them. It ended in stalemate and that's why we are where we are.

Hate to tell you Northern Ireland is still part of UK. Not much of a stalemate is it?

Hate to tell you Northern Ireland is still part of UK. Not much of a stalemate is it?

That'll be sorted out sooner rather than later.

The armed conflict ended in stalemate as the Brits admitted they couldn't defeat the provos.

Just goes to show how little you know really. You are absolutely clueless lol.

You said not all republicans went with SF, I agree they went off and created what they called the Real IRA and blew up a load of innocent people.
    Great success

• Advertisement

That'll be sorted out sooner rather than later.

The armed conflict ended in stalemate as the Brits admitted they couldn't defeat the provos.

Sorted out without any need for bombs etc.
    The PIRA gave up because at that stage the entire World had turned against them including the people of Northern Ireland. The Brits admitted defeat? how you work that out? they have Northern Ireland still as part of UK.

You said not all republicans went with SF, I agree they went off and created what they called the Real IRA and blew up a load of innocent people.
    Great success

So now you're saying you know the difference between the PIRA and the RIRA?

Because I can assure you there is no love lost between the two.

Sorted out without any need for bombs etc.
    The PIRA gave up because at that stage the entire World had turned against them including the people of Northern Ireland.

Aye sure they were the only ones involved in your eyes :rolleyes:

So now you're saying you know the difference between the PIRA and the RIRA?

Because I can assure you there is no love lost between the two.

The RIRA was the PIRA. Same group. Just one decided to continue on and blew up people in Omagh and that finished off them.
    No love lost for how many years before did they all sit together as they blew up kids?

The RIRA was the PIRA. Same group. Just one decided to continue on and blew up people in Omagh and that finished off them.
    No love lost for how many years before did they all sit together as they blew up kids?

Ah okay, you don't have a clue. Dead on.

Aye sure they were the only ones involved in your eyes :rolleyes:

No but you are the one trying to glorify a load of murderer, rapist and child molesters.
    You think this is a great success? 50% of all killings done by SF/PIRA

No but you are the one trying to glorify a load of murderer, rapist and child molesters.
    You think this is a great success? 50% of all killings done by SF/PIRA

No glorifying anything, telling it like it was back then and how it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Great success

Don't forget the New & Improved IRA who shot and killed a journalist last year.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Don't forget the New & Improved IRA who shot and killed a journalist last year.

Well we have had loads of people killed over the years by the PIRA and whatever banner they fly under just so SF can deny involvement.

• Advertisement

No glorifying anything, telling it like it was back then and how it is now.

Really?
    The only thing it did was take the shine off a good operation in Warrenpoint the same day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement