Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

So, you're saying that I generalise and fail to recognise nuance, because I pointed to nuance?

You're the one who needs the word 'some' appended before you understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

davedanon wrote: »

You're the one who needs the word 'some' appended before you understand.

Yes, I admit it. I do need it when you post because I've seen your offerings and know what you're like on these topics. Glad you've cleared it up. ''Some white people''. That's grand. No bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

This lad has made a satire right-wing type video and visits one of gemma's protests in Tramore last month.

Skip the intro to when the interview start.

They even mention gemma.

This lads hilarious the way he rips the piss out of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think that guy is a spin-off from Waterford Whispers.

Edit: Looked it up and that's Colm Williamson (author of WWN) himself playing Bill Badbody in the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

She has a MAP on the wall behind her!!!!

Thanks to her, we all know what that means...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I’d rather nail my penis a to a tractor wheel

Says it all really :P

Sig edited so not to "offend" genocide apologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Another temporary twitter ban for Gems. Still tweeting under ACI though.

See a lot of people have gone over to Parler instead because its apparently all about "free speech". Its not.

Parler “reserves the right to remove any content and terminate your access” to the platform “at any time and for any reason or no reason."

And the real kicker. If Parler gets sued for something you posted, they take you into the process with them. ie if they get sued, so do you.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/parler-free-speech-alternative-twitter-user-agreement_n_5ef660fdc5b6acab28419a5d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

The Nal wrote: »
    Another temporary twitter ban for Gems. Still tweeting under ACI though.

See a lot of people have gone over to Parler instead because its apparently all about "free speech". Its not.

Parler “reserves the right to remove any content and terminate your access” to the platform “at any time and for any reason or no reason."

And the real kicker. If Parler gets sued for something you posted, they take you into the process with them. ie if they get sued, so do you.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/parler-free-speech-alternative-twitter-user-agreement_n_5ef660fdc5b6acab28419a5d

If Hopkins, Young, Delingpole and all the other golems in the right wing ecosphere/termite mound get sued to ****ery I'm all for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Oh my. She went off on one and... well, there's a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sounds like the useful idiot has outlived her usefulness.

https://twitter.com/AntiCorruptIre/status/1283379232312365057

"Your daily reminder that #BlackLivesMatter is a racist terrorist organisation which protects paedophiles and is funded by Nazi collaborator George Soros "

I wonder can George sue for defamation?

https://twitter.com/AntiCorruptIre/status/1283379232312365057

"Your daily reminder that #BlackLivesMatter is a racist terrorist organisation which protects paedophiles and is funded by Nazi collaborator George Soros "

I wonder can George sue for defamation?

He'd be suing a lot of the posters on here too if that was the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

DubInMeath wrote: »
    He'd be suing a lot of the posters on here too if that was the case.

Maybe that’s where he gets all his money?

Having used her ACI alias to circumvent her temporary twitter ban she is now using it on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

looks like her personal account has been permanetly deleted on Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Good and not before time

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Smiley face emoji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

oranbhoy67 wrote: »

https://www.thejournal.ie/gemma-odoherty-twitter-5165384-Jul2020/

Permabanned. Bout fecking time too the twat should have been kicked off it long before now. She's pretty much blacklisted on the major platforms now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

How did her protest at Croke Park go today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,871 ✭✭✭hynesie08

pinkyeye wrote: »
    How did her protest at Croke Park go today?

https://twitter.com/n_sweeny/status/1289171234777964546?s=20

Exactly how you'd imagine......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

If the ban the orange buffoon now I might consider using it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's the end of that then. No audience, no more begging bowls, no more Gemtrails screaming at everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,171 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That's the end of that then. No audience, no more begging bowls, no more Gemtrails screaming at everyone.

Never say never. Bets she makes it to TikTok?

@folks who are opposed to cancel culture: do you stand in Gemmas corner or are these platforms right to keep a certain level of lunacy off their platform etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,148 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

BítChute is the new loon home I thought?

If only she is still using ACI as an alternative account on both Twitter and YouTube.

If only she is still using ACI as an alternative account on both Twitter and YouTube.

I'd say they're next on the chopping block, if enough people report their bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Overheal wrote: »
    Never say never. Bets she makes it to TikTok?

@folks who are opposed to cancel culture: do you stand in Gemmas corner or are these platforms right to keep a certain level of lunacy off their platform etc?

I don't support cancel culture but I feel safe enough to draw the line at Gemma. She's extreme enough I think I can agree with Twitter on this one. She has a right to protest but Twitter have a right to protect the integrity of their site.

I don't know what she was banned for but if you break their rules they can ban you.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

If Gemma is so wrong, why not leave her online and expose her as wrong in all she states?
    Banning her from a platform only looks dodgy, why not refute everything she states with proof she is wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

da_miser wrote: »
    If Gemma is so wrong, why not leave her online and expose her as wrong in all she states?
    Banning her from a platform only looks dodgy, why not refute everything she states with proof she is wrong?

She is not banned from messaging online. A private company has decided that the work involved moderating her is not worth it anymore. Also as a publisher of content they are liable for racial incitement, defamation et al even where published by others such as ms o doherty. Finally even when her craziness is shown up for the obvious vitriol it is, others may disregard that and continue her hate speech. So, saying what harm is a cop out. Free speech is a right but not without duty. She is a scourge and offers no benefit. Pay off her court costs, stop being racist, offer a proper discourse without hate and then she might be listened to.

Because innocent people regularly became victims of her behaviour. Including children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I’m genuinely confused what it is (apart from attention seeking) she’s trying to achieve and how she plans to go about achieving something other than through ranting and raving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Because her extreme racist homophonic transphobic islamophobic bigoted hatemongering endangers peoples lives.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

She will try not to directly tweet anything that will get that account suspended or permanently taken down, but she'll crack after a few day's. She is too racist, horrid and miserable to contain herself for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

In the video posted above of her at Croke Park, she is accusing a group of people of being defenders of paedophiles and accusing one person of being a paedophile.

The response to that can't just be that people get to refute this stuff. It's entirety reasonable for the platforms to refuse to facilitate her spreading her bile.

Phoebas wrote: »
    In the video posted above of her at Croke Park, she is accusing a group of people of being defenders of paedophiles and accusing one person of being a paedophile.

The response to that can't just be that people get to refute this stuff. It's entirety reasonable for the platforms to refuse to facilitate her spreading her bile.

Exactly. She is endangering people with her hatemongering and constant hate speech. It must be difficult enough to be permanently banned off Youtube and Facebook and Twitter. Not like she is harmless.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Because she's not simply just voicing a bad opinion here she outright incites, spreads lies, shìtstirs for both personal and financial gain and is generally a toxic and twisted individual in general. They're not the kind of people that can be reasoned with only dealt with.

She's also been warned multiple times by twitter etc so when they move to permaban its usually because the likes of her will never respect others so terminating her privilages is the only option. On top of that the way they organise is for personal and financial gain as well they likely are being supported by the alt-retard crowd spreading their shìte outside the states.

Banning them is the only way of dealing with the likes of her, if they're blocked from the major platforms it limits their toxic reach and makes it harder for them to spread their bile and toxic agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Just like boards.ie , twitter has the right to block rascist assholes on their site.

Normally the only ones that cry censorship or the erosion of free speech are other rascist assholes.

Sig edited so not to "offend" genocide apologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭MFPM

ParkRunner wrote: »
    I’m genuinely confused what it is (apart from attention seeking) she’s trying to achieve and how she plans to go about achieving something other than through ranting and raving

I don't think she knows what she's trying to achieve, while it doesn't excuse the vomit inducing sh!t she says I firmly believe she has suffered some form of mental breakdown etc, little else explains the evolution in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I don't know the context of the twitter video of her roaring and shouting about paedos outside of Croke Park, but I came to the conclusion a while back that Gemma is experiencing some sort of mental decline / early onset senility. That's not to make light of such things, but I really think she's not well. I know her husband passed away a few years back, and from my limited understanding, psychological trauma can trigger such a decline.

Yurt! wrote: »
    I don't know the context of the twitter video of her roaring and shouting about paedos outside of Croke Park, but I came to the conclusion a while back that Gemma is experiencing some sort of mental decline / early onset senility. That's not to make light of such things, but I really think she's not well. I know her husband passed away a few years back, and from my limited understanding, psychological trauma can trigger such a decline.

Muslim celebration of Eid?

Funny comments on the thread about it from one of the national party shills on here that they hope that the fact it was televised would get them more votes, while ignoring the fact that apart from the nationality and skin colour, they have similar ideas about women, homosexuals and killing people that extremely religious Muslims would.
    But then again their shills on here don't seem the brightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The "make ireland catholic again" flag was illustrative of the mentality. There is nothing preventing somebody living as a catholic in full accordance with the teachings of that church. What has changed is that there is nothing preventing somebody to live in contradiction to a number of those teachings.

Odhinn wrote: »
    The "make ireland catholic again" flag was illustrative of the mentality. There is nothing preventing somebody living as a catholic in full accordance with the teachings of that church. What has changed is that there is nothing preventing somebody to live in contradiction to a number of those teachings.

They want rid of the protestants too so, or are they just giving up on the six countries altogether this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

hynesie08 wrote: »

is she shouting that about the muslims praying in Croke park or about the group of protestors who follow her around who protested an anti-paedophile rally the other week.

If its the latter she does have somewhat of a point, as poorly as it was expressed.

is she shouting that about the muslims praying in Croke park or about the group of protestors who follow her around who protested an anti-paedophile rally the other week.

If its the latter she does have somewhat of a point, as poorly as it was expressed.

The make Ireland Catholic again line shows that concern is bullsh1t unless of course it's ok as long as it's a Catholic doing the abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The make Ireland Catholic again line shows that concern is bullsh1t unless of course it's ok as long as it's a Catholic doing the abuse.

its not alright for anybody to abuse children, but it doesn't make sense to shout that at a bunch of muslims praying for eid.

not that anything Gemma does has to make sense but I'm trying to inject some logic here.

this doesn't make Gemma or her followers less nuts. Just explains one video.

No. Thats complete drivel. She doesnt have a point. Even if it was the people who protested that rally.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Yurt! wrote: »

That is very sad if it turns out this is all as a result of her not coping with grief. She could well be just lost in a haze & needs help!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement