Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting a leak on private property

Options
  • 03-08-2020 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

I see from the IW website that a leak can be reported if it is on public property, but what about a leak on private property? 

I would like to be able to report a local farmer  (and I am a farmer myself) about a badly leaking trough visible from a public road. I would not be surprised if there was no water meter here as he is not worried about the water leak and it would be an easy fix. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi divillybit,
    divillybit wrote: »
    I see from the IW website that a leak can be reported if it is on public property, but what about a leak on private property? 

I would like to be able to report a local farmer  (and I am a farmer myself) about a badly leaking trough visible from a public road. I would not be surprised if there was no water meter here as he is not worried about the water leak and it would be an easy fix. 
    Sorry to hear this. As this leak is occurring on private property, it would fall outside of our remit to resolve. We would recommend that you contact the owner of this farm as they will be able to conduct any necessary repair works.

If you spot a leak on public property, please report this to us so that we can investigate. You can report a leak on public property to us on Boards or on our website here.

Thanks,
    Niamh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Internet Police

divillybit wrote: »

Ye rat

Advertisement