Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought in 2006, now out of negative equity. Sell or stay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

johnp001 wrote: »
    Anyone buying a non PPR will have already done so by the end of this month in order not to lose a large proportion of any capital appreciation. Cash buyers would mainly have been those buying non PPR property and my guess would be that the cash buyer is now gone from the market for the foreseeable with the expiry of CGT exemption.
    Tracker is good to have alright but NE can come back. If there was a sustained fall in house prices then house may become unsaleable again for a time until you have repaid more of the capital.
    It's all a bit like going into boylesports on a Saturday afternoon and betting on the geegees.....crystal ball stuff....I believe there's enough money in circulation to keep things where they are.....but who's to say how central bank rules will affect the market??
    No offence what ur saying makes no sense. Ur sayin there's lots of cash buyers out there yet the 20% deposit thing will be a problem. Surely if ur a cash buyer 20% of the value of the property is not a problem.

Good point Mr T. Are there any figures available on the proportion of cash sales that are for PPR?

My assumption (without knowing what those figures are or if they are available) is that it would be quite low and that non-PPR buyers are going to be very thin on the ground in the immediate future due to CGT exemption expiry. This, together with the CB lending restrictions, would cast doubt on there being "enough money in circulation to keep things where they are"
    I don't think that this viewpoint is crystal ball gazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭kenmccarthy

Sherry fitzgerald latest staement at lunchtime today....'all indications are property prices to rise further in 2015 due lack of supply and pent up demand'

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mr_seer

Sherry fitzgerald latest staement at lunchtime today....'all indications are property prices to rise further in 2015 due lack of supply and pent up demand'

Breaking News - Property saleswoman says property prices will continue to rise, best buy now.... in other news demand for snake oil is expected to far outstrip supply in 2015, better buy snake oil now or miss out

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

If I was in the OPs position I would be very reluctant to base my decision on the predictions of someone with a huge vested interest in property prices rising further.

Advertisement