Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank refusing to agree to lease

Options
  • 17-12-2010 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi Folks,
    Does anyone know if a bank can refuse you to let out your house on a long term lease (10 Years) because it is not their "policy" to agree to a long term lease?

its my only and principal residence but because of circumstances, i now have to rent it out.
    Any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I don't know much about this, but on thinking about it, I'd imagine their refusal has something to do with how it might impact their ability to repossess if it got to that?

I.e. there is a contract in place essentially giving the tenant security for ten years that might affect the banks stake in it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Why did you tell the bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mainframe

Doom - i Told the bank because the lease is from the council and they requested the banks consent.

Stheno - yes I also think this is the reason.

I know other Banks have agreed to this lease, why would my bank be any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

What bank are you with ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mainframe

AIB

• Advertisement
Advertisement