Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stillorgan Industrial Estate???

Options
  • 16-10-2003 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I have an interview tomorrow morning in Stillorgan Industrial Estate and I haven't a clue of my way around that area. I am coming from Merrion Square and the lady on the phone told me to get the 44 to the IMI. Then take a left and I will see a small shopping centre and go straight. This is where I got stuck. I found this map and its after helping me out a lot but unless the map is wrong I was getting instructions to the Sandyford industrial estate.

The address to the place i have to go is:
    T21 Maple Avenue,Stillorgin Industrial Park,Blackrock, Co. Dublin.

If you are familiar with this area could you please give me some advice on how to get to where i want.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bring your mobile phone and ask for directions if lost. Allow plenty of time - the 44 can be tardy.

Normally this is handy, but Maple Avenue isn't showing up http://212.17.39.71/dto/content/planner.asp - try search for Stillorgan Industrial Park on it.

Stillorgan Industrial Park is the area marked in red on the map attached, it consists of a number of streets. It is a good 15 minute walk from the IMI and well past the school / shops / church. The estate will be on the left of Blackthorn Drive.

From a google of "Maple Avenue" the following are on Maple Avenue:

Ray Maguire Sport Ltd
    Killarney Crystal
    Faichney Ringwood (Saab)
    TICo Direct
    Sliderobes Ireland Limited
    Swings & Things
    Appleyard Motors Ltd
    Alken Wines
    Ferrotec Ltd
    Irish Direct Marketing Association

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Cheers Victor. The 44 is running from Townsend Street at 9.15 and 9.45. Would I be safe getting the 9.45? I don't want to be getting the 9.15 as I will be waiting around for a while if I'm too early and I don't want to be late either. What do you think, is 45 minutes enough time?

Also, Is it easy to get lost? I would easily get to the corner after the IMI but is there any other left turns that I would probably take by mistake after that?

Thanks.

I would get the earlier bus, 45 minutes might be tight, as traffic can be crazy from the Dundrum bypass to Sillorgan Industrial Estate and especially if you then need to wander around finding the exact street.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=44 indicates the busses are at 0915 and 0950.

You don't say what time the interview is.

No you should see the church and shops easy enough and if I remember correctly Blackthorn Drive is the only major turn there.

Originally posted by Victor
    You don't say what time the interview is.
    Sorry, its at 10.30. If I get the 9.15 bus and I am there too early is there anywhere around where I could sit, read the paper and get a bit to eat?

I doubt if you'll have much time to stop, even if the bus gets to the IMI by 10:00, you still have a 15 minute walk and you want to be early for hte interview ...

• Advertisement

The early bus it is then. Thanks for the help Victor.;)

I got the 9.15 bus and I got to the IMI at 9.45 so I had loads of time for something to eat. It was a lot easier to find than I thought, the map was very straight forward.

Advertisement