Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Nfl Draft

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Is Murray even better than Rosen? I'd rather have Rosen and Bosa over Murray and a second round pick.

Cardinals are the new Browns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Is Murray even better than Rosen? I'd rather have Rosen and Bosa over Murray and a second round pick.

Bit premature to be making that call, especially as we don't know their pick yet.

As a 49ers fan, if they both play up to what they potentially could be, I'm more fearful of playing twice a year another, quicker Wilson type player, who is perfect for their coach's offense, than a Joey Bosa level edge guy, who doesn't necessarily fit their scheme.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Giants could do worse than trade their second round pick to Arizona for Rosen, and spend their 2 firsts on improving other areas of the team. Makes a lot more sense then trying to move up for Haskins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

adrian522 wrote: »
    The Giants could do worse than trade their second round pick to Arizona for Rosen, and spend their 2 firsts on improving other areas of the team. Makes a lot more sense then trying to move up for Haskins.
    Well I'd disagree, Haskins is a slam dunk imo. You are taking a risk on Rosen, he showed nothing last season and there is always going to be the concussion concerns.

Still think the Giants might be better off sticking with Eli and using their first round picks to sort out the offensive line. Although if Haskins makes it to 6 they'd be insane not to take him.

No use taking him if you are not going to improve the OL though. He needs protection, like any QB, to do his thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭letowski

This is a crazy story by Rapopport. If true, there are serious problems with the Radiers front office.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1119274857080991745?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Pretty much. I'm looking forward to betting against them every week for the next several years. Murray played one year in college in a division with no defense. Kingsbury has no pro experience, and only knows offense. The team will be in the gutter for a while especially if Murrays a bust. He's not worth no 1 overall.

Kingsbury is just desperate to get a QB that will keep his job safe for as long as possible. Rosen won't do that. They'll at least give him 2-3 years with Murray as a project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

letowski wrote: »
    This is a crazy story by Rapopport. If true, there are serious problems with the Radiers front office.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1119274857080991745?s=19
    They were just talking about it on NFL network and it’s because they don’t seem to trust the scouts not to leak names if they have them on a draft board. It was pointed out it’s mike mayock’s first time as a GM so maybe that’s part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Rapoport was just stirring the pot, NFL Network's own Daniel Jeremiah tweeted the following in response to this story "When I started scouting in 2003, most teams allowed scouts and coaches to see the draft board. By 2012, most teams only allowed 3-4 people (HC/GM/Personnel Director/College Director) to have access to the board. This isn’t that unusual.", so going by that, either most teams don't trust their scouts or as Jeremiah claims, this is what most teams do now.

A more plausible explanation is that, by this time, the scouts work is essentially done and the draft board has been set, so the fewer people that have access to it the better. Also it is Easter weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Sky Sports are showing the NFL Draft once again at the following times this week:

Day One - Friday April 26 from 12.30am Sky Sports Action
    Day Two - Friday April 26 from 11pm Sky Sports Action
    Day Three - Saturday April 27 from 8pm Sky Sports Action - from 5pm via the red button

Inside the Huddle will also be on:
    2019 Draft Preview - Wednesday April 24 Sky Sports Arena - 9pm
    Day One Review Show - Friday April 26 Sky Sports Action - 9pm
    2019 Draft Review - Monday April 29 Sky Sports Action - 9pm

Does anyone really believe the cardinals when they say they’ve not decided on who they are taking first overall ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Does anyone really believe the cardinals when they say they’ve not decided on who they are taking first overall ?

I think they’re still hoping, like they’ve been from the start, that someone offers them a ton of picks to get to #1. If they are the source of all the rumours about what direction they are planning on going, their strategy to get that deal has made no sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Words you don't want to see if you're a Redskins fan.

https://twitter.com/Russellmania621/status/1121120046963658757

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Words you don't want to see if you're a Redskins fan.

https://twitter.com/Russellmania621/status/1121120046963658757

The Jets would definitely take a phone call off him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

I take it the draft and the 15 minutes in particular where the jets are shopping around the 3rd pick is live and on demand on gamepass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

First draft for Ravens GM Eric de Costa

Well he’s had huge influence as assistant GM over the years so hard to say what may change, maybe nothing

They have no second rounder. I’m hoping the team will trade back from 22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

VillaMad wrote: »
    Sky Sports are showing the NFL Draft once again at the following times this week:

Day Three - Saturday April 27 from 8pm Sky Sports Action - from 5pm via the red button

Well that answers all my questions - cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Andrew Brandt saying on the Ross Tucker Podcast that he thinks Rosen may well be traded day two for a second or third round pick. I just don't see that. The guy had no protection last year on the worst team in the NFL, highly rated coming out of college and drafted early in first round last year. Can be a very serviceable starting QB on a rookie contract for next four years in the league. I would think there'll be more interested parties in him than drafting the likes of these 4th/5th best QB's who may go in the first round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

VillaMad wrote: »

Wish they would show it on Mix for those of us who don't subscribe to the lot and get mix from Virgin esp when the times are mad and I'd be recording for watching next day while avoiding internet until I see it!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Wish they would show it on Mix for those of us who don't subscribe to the lot and get mix from Virgin esp when the times are mad and I'd be recording for watching next day while avoiding internet until I see it!.

Is the draft really something people avoid the internet to watch the next day? If so, do they fast forward between picks or sit and wait it out?

• Advertisement

Is the draft really something people avoid the internet to watch the next day? If so, do they fast forward between picks or sit and wait it out?

Skip thru the ads but watch every minute of round 1. Rounds 2 and 3 would move thru it much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

This is a fairly nifty resource, to see where your team may draft. Double click on the graph for each pick to see how it's predicted across each analyst.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/nfl-offseason-free-agency-draft-2019/mock-draft

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Skip thru the ads but watch every minute of round 1. Rounds 2 and 3 would move thru it much quicker.

Might get it on YouTube... if anybody finds it on there tomorrow morning (full round 1) please share thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Draft drama already beginning with the release of the Tyreek Hill tape.

I wonder how long it will take for ESPN or NFL network to mention it, completely goes against the joyful and beautiful propaganda night the NFL had planned...Goodell doing his usual act of surrounding himself with kids as a boo shield will only look more ridiculous now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hazys wrote: »
    Draft drama already beginning with the release of the Tyreek Hill tape.

I wonder how long it will take for ESPN or NFL network to mention it, completely goes against the joyful and beautiful propaganda night the NFL had planned...Goodell doing his usual act of surrounding himself with kids as a boo shield will only look more ridiculous now.

Comes after Mahomes was named as the cover for Madden. The curse strikes again!!!

What time does it kick off? 1am?

• Advertisement

What time does it kick off? 1am?

in 8 mins...

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

They really know how to drag the arse out of it, don't they?

Come.on, already!!

For **** sake, they had a countdown to 8pm and the clock hasn't even started yet...joke

why in the **** are they announcing a competition winner at the start of the draft??

• Advertisement

Interesting first pick there.....

The Cardinals better not milk the clock for the sake of it

Just in case people are trying to watch this on nfl game pass it’s not on the nfl network live feed. You need to go to programs in the menu and it’s live there.

Hazys wrote: »
    The Cardinals better not milk the clock for the sake of it

they absolutely will. Remember when the Wentz and Goff picks were made? everyone ad their dog knew who the picks were and they still let the clock roll all the way down

Btw looking at transcripts of audio that a tv station(I think) and it’s ****ing bad for hill. If the audio matches the written transcript then the chiefs cutting him is the least of his problems.

At least it’s only 10 mins now

The NFL really knows how to drag out a good thing to the point it becomes annoying

It's highly, highly unlikely, but everyone talking about Kyler Murray would make me love the drama even more if the Cardinals don't take him.

Ian rapaport is saying that if the cardinals do take Murray then the giants and redskins have said to let them know.

And shock horror.

• Advertisement

No real surprises there, I dont think there will be any with the 2nd pick either

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nice. Good night folks, its been a long night!

Think the Jets either go Williams or Oliver here. Wouldn't be my ideal choice but I couldn't do much complaining either

So nick bosa to the 49ers. Right like you Adrian I’m going to call it a night soon. No way I’m staying up to see the eagles pick live.

Wilson must be absolutely ****ting himself at the idea of facing that 49ers front 7

Why is the draft on outside in the rain? Can the NFL not afford a hall or something?

No real surprises with this pick either, but it's hard to get excited about another IDL in the 1st round.

phatkev wrote: »
    No real surprises with this pick either, but it's hard to get excited about another IDL in the 1st round.

I think it opens things up a small bit. Would be interesting to see where Allen goes now because I thought he'd go here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Think Williams will be an All-Pro by the end of his rookie contract.

• Advertisement

well there is a surprise!!!

Advertisement