Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

family trees

Options
  • 16-11-2016 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi all, hope this is in the right place, i have found a family tree that is connected to me on ancestry and i would be very interested in viewing it, i am not a subscriber, i know that if you purchase the pay as you go (i have in the past )you cannot view the trees, but i was wondering if anyone call tell me as i cant find any info if i purchase the one month subscription which is about E16 will i be able to view the family trees.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

As far as I know, you can only view other trees if the author has made it public. My own tree is private and anyone wanting to know about my family have to contact me for information. I only give information if I am sure they are related to me. I can't remember if you can contact the author if you don't have a subscription. Someone else I'm sure will advise you here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

If you want to pm the name of the user, I can check and see if it's a public tree for you.

If yes, then get a month's sub to contact the user. Sometimes people don't reply to these messages though. I find it odd that they go to the trouble of putting up a tree and then never bother to follow up...of course money doesn't always allow a full time sub but you'd think you would check periodically.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

pinkypinky wrote: »
    If you want to pm the name of the user, I can check and see if it's a public tree for you.

If yes, then get a month's sub to contact the user. Sometimes people don't reply to these messages though. I find it odd that they go to the trouble of putting up a tree and then never bother to follow up...of course money doesn't always allow a full time sub but you'd think you would check periodically.

yes it is a public tree, thanks for the reply i will purchase the month sub, i have only recently started researching my father's maternal side, but as you said some people don't reply as i don't know yet how long this tree has been up,

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

I started last month, I've found my 8th Great Grandfather born in 1693 in Kent, England. Very Exciting.

I'm now talking to Living relatives in Canada I didn't even know I had.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Please don't resurrect old threads.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement