Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual Machine of Running Machine

Options
  • 03-03-2021 4:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've a laptop running Windows 10, not a bad machine but it has a small hard drive and only 8gb of Ram so I'm getting a new machine with both a SSD and HDD as well as 17gb of ram and a decent graphics card. The problem I have is that I have some proprietary software running on the old machine that I can't reinstall or move to another machine, what I'm hoping to do is turn it into a virtual machine that I can have running in my new laptop, happy to run Virtual Box/Hyper V/VMWare. Only problem is I'm struggling to turn a physical machine into a virtual 1, any guides would be greaty appreciated.

Comments

Google "migrating physical machine with propritry software to virtual machine" ? Migrating is the operative here. Or, instead of "migrating" Virtualization

Advertisement