Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drag this to your Windows taskbar to enable special IE9 Features.

Options
  • 02-04-2012 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Hi

I keep getting the above message when logging in to boards. How can i get rid of it? i am perfectly happy with my taskbar and it doesnt show on other sites.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

Switch browser to Chrome or Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Not really helpful.

OP, since this is a boards issue I'm going to move this to Site Development where the tech team will see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

you can add *.boards.ie to your cookie exceptions under the "privacy" tab in IE.

effectively what this does is tell IE that you've visited the site before, you don't need to be shown the taskbar option again... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi

I keep getting the above message when logging in to boards. How can i get rid of it? i am perfectly happy with my taskbar and it doesnt show on other sites.

Thanks

When you dismiss the notice, you set a 30-day cookie that hides the popup. If the cookie is removed, you'll see the pop up again. The solution is to not remove the cookie.

Regardless of you manually clearing cookies, the cookie will expire every 30 days. So you'll see the notice once every 30 days at a minimum, but more often if you keep clearing cookies :)

If you regularly clear cookies, you can do what xsiborg suggested and make an exception for *.boards.ie (all Boards.ie cookies) which means they won't be cleared when you clear cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I dont get that thankfully!

Quite Annoying Danny.... What is it exactly do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Internet-Explorer-9

"Pinning sites to the taskbar" is the section you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement