Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS order from Belsimpel

Options
  • 18-03-2021 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My order from Belsimpel has turned into utter disaster. UPS have lost the package and Belsimpel are 'investigating and are not replying to my emails. UPS have said that in all likelihood the package has been stolen. The last tracking had the phone arriving in Dublin but got no further.

Had to fill out a 'Missing Package Statement' which is basically a declaration that I didn't receive the phone and am now claiming I don't have it. All they have to do is look at UPS tracking and they'll see that it got no further than Dublin.

So had I've done this. They're lousy at answering emails and so I phoned today and my Sister speaks German (which is similar to Dutch) and got me speaking to a representative. He told me that they have to investigate with UPS and I have to wait even though they've been paid.

I'll be back with updates. Luckily I paid with Visa AIB and they have told me they can dispute the transaction and get me my refund.

Suffice to say I won't be getting a replacement I'll demand a refund as will never deal with this company again. Some b*****d helped themselves to my phone and I'm the one paying for it with all the hassle.

I would avoid Belsimpel guys. Not worth the hassle. I'll be back to post about the final outcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

That's UPS fault, not Belsimpel, to be fair.
    I dealt with them recently and had a fantastic experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 WandaWicca

That's UPS fault, not Belsimpel, to be fair.
    I dealt with them recently and had a fantastic experience.

True it is fault of UPS but it is ultimately Belsimpel's responsibility as they use UPS as their shipping method. They have not offered a replacement or refund and expect me to wait until the 31st of March for resolution.

With the greatest respect perhaps you had a great experience with Belsimpel because nothing went wrong with your order. They are appallingly bad at replying to emails.

Personally I regret dealing with them and will be looking for a refund as I can't trust that something like this won't happen again as they have told me that they only use UPS as their courier. I'm glad someone had a good experience with them.

I would also add that the true test of a company is what they do when something goes wrong - which is why I'm sharing my experience on this forum to help others make an informed decision. I couldn't get the phone I wanted with Amazon - hence I took a chance with Belsimpel. Incidentally Amazon cannot be beaten for customer service which is why I usually shop with them. If this same incident happened with Amazon - they would apologise immediately and either issue a refund or offer to send a replacement right away. They have done this in the past for me and Belsimpel could learn a lot from them about not inconveniencing their customers.

**UPDATE ON MISSING ORDER**

After many emails I finally got my refund for the phone I ordered on Belsimpel.ie which went missing.

My advice would be that Belsimpel are apparently great when everything goes right but appalling when things go wrong. To make a customer wait almost a month for a refund for something that was their fault (and Yes! I do know that it was UPS's fault that the package with the phone was stolen - but it is the responsibility of Belsimpel) is very bad customer service.

In the final analysis I wouldn't recommend Belsimpel to my worst enemy. When I was finally refunded my hard earned cash I bought the same Samsung Note for much the same money from Amazon.de......phone was sent via DHL - handed over the AnPost and I received it within 5 days. Excellent service as always from Amazon.

It is also worth mentioning that I have looked up the IMEI of the stolen phone and it is not blacklisted which means that whoever stole it - they are using it ! They are obviously after getting away with it too.

AVOID BELSIMPEL AND NOT IMPRESSED WITH UPS EITHER! Happy shopping :-)

PS AIB Visa can do a chargeback for anything purchased on their credit card, just complete a form and they do the rest so be aware of that when you buy online and are let down. There are options available. AIB did the chargeback for me but then Belsimpel copped on to themselves and got their finger out and refunded me so all's well that ends well.

But would NOT recommend Belsimpel. When they offered a replacement a month later and I asked would they use a different delivery method the dude said "oh no we only use UPS". At least with Amazon (who have delivered to me using UPS before) if the item goes missing they rectify the situation immediately.

Advertisement