Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inserting an image into the body of an Outlook email?

Options
  • 15-04-2021 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

Microsoft Office 365

I have no problem attaching an image to an email.

I'd like to be able to insert images into the body of an email message.

A quick Google says, place the cursor where you want the image to be and choose Insert > Image.

The problem is, I don't have an Insert button on the ribbon. (Unless I'm going blind! :rolleyes:)

I haven't done this before, so is it something I have to activate?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Dinarius wrote: »
    Microsoft Office 365

I have no problem attaching an image to an email.

I'd like to be able to insert images into the body of an email message.

A quick Google says, place the cursor where you want the image to be and choose Insert > Image.

The problem is, I don't have an Insert button on the ribbon. (Unless I'm going blind! :rolleyes:)

I haven't done this before, so is it something I have to activate?

Thanks.

D.

you can add it.

File-> options-> customize ribbon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Sorted!

I tried customizing the ribbon, but couldn't make it work.

Then I discovered that when writing an email, if you click on Pop Out, the writing pane fills the screen and it comes with an Insert tab included.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Dinarius wrote: »
    Sorted!

I tried customizing the ribbon, but couldn't make it work.

Then I discovered that when writing an email, if you click on Pop Out, the writing pane fills the screen and it comes with an Insert tab included.

D.
    Some tools, like insert, will appear only in message window, but not in outlook window.
    You can set outlook to always "Open replies and forwards in new window" so all message tools available for you.
    Go File>>Options>>Mail, scroll down to Replies and forwards, tick the box to select option, click OK to save.

Advertisement