Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo keyboard doesnt have a Caps Lock light.

Options
  • 07-04-2021 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone can help.
    Ive a Lenovo X1 Carbon Thinkpad that I bought second hand about 2 years ago. Works fine, seems to be reasonably fast or at least for my uses.
    My big bugbear is that the Caps Lock key doesn't have a light/led/visual indicator showing capitals are 'on'. So when I do use it I spend a lot of time re-writing sentences where there are caps instead of lower case and vice-versa. The shop that sold it to me said they could do a fix but that is miles away and in times of Covid who wants to go near a computer shop!
    Any ideas? Help gratefully accepted. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You can turn on CAPS notifications in settings > ease of use > play sound on CAPS on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Check the Lenovo website under support they used to have under drivers and software a program which would display the cap lock button on screen with line through it or not at o indicate if it was on or off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMBC

Thanks Inquitus and thanks jhud. Will try those tips tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

An alternative suggestion (I also dislike the caps lock) is to remap the key to either be disabled or to another SHIFT key (my preference) using SharpKeys. I also use it to disable the insert key.

http://www.randyrants.com/sharpkeys/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Touch type and you'll spot it after a single character ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks. Change made in Settings worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

If you do type a lot of text before realising it was all in caps, you can highlight the text and press Shift + F3. This works in Word and other similar programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

PMBC wrote: »
    Thanks. Change made in Settings worked.

You need to learn to type without looking at the keyboard.

JoyPad wrote: »
    You need to learn to type without looking at the keyboard.

JoyPad - is there a particular site/programme for learning touch typing that you would recommend; yea, Im still looking at the keyboard! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

PMBC wrote: »
    JoyPad - is there a particular site/programme for learning touch typing that you would recommend; yea, Im still looking at the keyboard! :o

http://www.typing.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement