Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying house Kildare / Newbridge / Portlaoise

Options
  • 19-07-2020 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

What are the pros and contras for buying new taking into account safety, amenities, childcare etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Portlaoise & Newbridge are big towns and have loads of amenities, schools & early childhood facilites. Kildare town is slightly smaller, and I don't know it very well, but a lovely town by all accounts, and only 10 mins or so from Newbridge.

All are on the M7, which is handy if you work in Dublin.

I'm guessing the house prices vary in each but are almost certainly less than Dublin prices.

Safety, I can't really comment on. I'm sure it's like anywhere. Different parts of the towns will vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jacobspt

Hi
    I am looking to but a new home in Abbeyleix (De Vesci Hill). I just would like to know is there anything I should know before I make a deal regarding its construction as it doesn't look like a new built and it has a BER: B3 rating. I was thinking that all the new built homes are A rated and would be more energy efficient. Is there anything I am missing here, I would be very grateful if you could give me any information as I am very apprehensive to proceed with the same. All comments welcomed...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Hello.

All I know is these were originally on the market in the 2000s.
    Only a third sold, at less than €500k each, which was crazy money.
    The development was bought in 2017 and to the best of my knowledge, required rewiring, plumbing etc...
    Not 100% sure who bought it, but if rumours are correct, it was a top contractor who knows their trade very well.

https://bidx1.com/en/en-ie/auction/property/24932

Nice enough houses, but wouldn't be my 1st choice, ( I don't think they're anything special for €350k, Grallow Wood are far superior
    homes) although Abbeyleix is a really lovely town.

Good luck with your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jacobspt

Many Thanks for your reply. Its a great help for a person like me who doesn't or didn't knew anything about these houses.

Advertisement