Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Homeowner

Options
  • 22-10-2019 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hello,

I have been reading up on this forum since I recently purchased a new home. The home is pre-wired for a security system, so I would rather take advantage of that versus wireless solutions. I am looking for professional installation.

These are the two companies i am thinking to get quotes from that are on the suppliers list here (they each specialize in a different equipment provider):
    http://www.realsecurity.ie/ (Siemens)
    https://safenet.ie/ (HKC)

Here is a basic rundown of what I am thinking would be needed:
    wired coverage
    main control unit
    ground floor windows (2)
    first floor windows (4)
    front door
    rear door
    possibly 1-2 motion detecting camera (TBD on price)
    self monitoring options (GSM capable, smart phone app)

Does this seem like a good approach or are there any gotchas I should also consider?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Does this seem like a good approach or are there any gotchas I should also consider?

They are both good systems

You are probably going to be advised about running costs on hkc versus your other option.

Shopping around will be recommend.

I agree about using the wired devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

For anyone in the future wondering, here are the results. We ended up getting a few more quotes to try to get a rounded out picture.

Real Security - left a message, they never called us back

Safenet - got a quote for everything we wanted

Lara.ie - also got a quote for everything we wanted

phonewatch - got a quote but they only do wireless installs now. tried to talk us out of wired. wont stop calling us after we told them not to.

We decided to go with Lara.ie since their pricing was a little better than Safenet. For everything it ended up at €779.00. This included:
    HKC 10270 Intruder Alarm Panel
    7Ah Battery
    3A Fuse, Fused Spur, Surface Box & Flex
    Internal Siren (Echo)
    Pre-Wired Keypad (RKP) (Standard, comes with Panel)
    Pre-Wired External Siren C/W Lara Lid
    Pre-Wired PIR (Downstairs Hallway)
    Pre-Wired Magnetic Contact (Front Door)
    Magnetic Contact(s) (Velux)
    8 Pre-Wired Inertia Sensor(s) C/W Magnetic Contact
    GSM-WIFI

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

What about motion detecting cameras? Was this not included? What’s the monthly fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

We didn't opt for the motion detection camera but might add one.

Will have to check back on the fees, they are pretty small as we are self monitoring.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The system you have decided to go with does not include any inertia shock sensors and lacks full perimeter protection. This means that an intruder can gain access before the alarm is activated rather than when he is attempting to gain access. These are devices that can be added to the system you have selected. This would also provide you with descent coverage when the system is in let guard mode (while you are at home). What you have selected will be mostly off if set while you are in bed.

Remember motion detectors are switched off when you are in.

Edit: My bad I misread your post!! You do have inertia shock sensors!!! Looks like a good deal. Go for self monitoring at €5 per month. I would suggest that you avoid signing an expensive monitoring/ maintenance contract. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement