Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT Sports coverage of UFC

• 30-07-2018 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭

So I heard yesterday that BT will stop showing UFC on Dec 3rd. Anyone know yet if Sky or any other channel in UK and Ireland will show it?? I gues it’s only gonna be possible watch via subscribing to the fight pass and buying the ppv’s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

So I heard yesterday that BT will stop showing UFC on Dec 3rd. Anyone know yet if Sky or any other channel in UK and Ireland will show it?? I gues it’s only gonna be possible watch via subscribing to the fight pass and buying the ppv’s.

It says eleven will pick it up in the uk

EDIT: And Ireland too. They are launching 2 channels in August. Price: TBD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Only a matter of time before every numbered PPV is on box office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,841 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ShaneU wrote: »
    Only a matter of time before every numbered PPV is on box office.

Imagine how shít they'll do here. Like the card this weekend at 3am.. Would do so badly

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I just barely justify subscribing to BT Sport for the UFC and The Premiership, but if they don't come to some arrangement with Eleven then that's me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Eleven doesn't require a separate subscription. It's included with Sky/Virgin, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

if they go onto sky platform, you will still need to pay them separately like BT I imagine. Hope they allow sky q mini box without additional charges as BT don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This Eleven Sports mob are beginning to annoy me. That's UFC, NBA and La Liga they have nicked from BT and Sky. Multiple sports channels each with different rights to various sports is terrible for the casual sports fan who has an interest in lots of sports.

Mellor wrote: »
    Eleven doesn't require a separate subscription. It's included with Sky/Virgin, apparently.

With sky sports or sky tv?

This Eleven Sports mob are beginning to annoy me. That's UFC, NBA and La Liga they have nicked from BT and Sky. Multiple sports channels each with different rights to various sports is terrible for the casual sports fan who has an interest in lots of sports.

I watched UFC but the reason I signed up to work broadband was mainly the NBA. If eleven sports costs under 10€ a month I'll get it but I highly doubt it.

• Advertisement

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    With sky sports or sky tv?

Eleven is a sports channel so I'd imagine Sky will bundle it the sports package. I'm not up to speed on their different packages though.

Mellor wrote: »
    Eleven is a sports channel so I'd imagine Sky will bundle it the sports package. I'm not up to speed on their different packages though.

I heard it was online streaming only. If it's on tv I hope you can buy it separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Yeah wondering how this will work myself. Hoping it's easily available. Never heard of Eleven sports till I heard about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/elevensports_uk/status/1025313403592761344?s=21

€7 a month or €60 a year for what they’re offering there isn’t bad at all to be fair. If the price the UFC package at something similar it’d be fine.

It doesn’t bother me if it’s not on TV and is streaming only as I use the Chromecast for the majority of my viewing these days anyway.

Very good as long as there is a next morning stream available and you can cast from phone.

Better off getting an IPTV if you have a compatible box etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

If they released a standalone app for the PS4 I'd be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

So do you basically need a smart TV to actually watch it on telly?

So do you basically need a smart TV to actually watch it on telly?

Or Chromecast I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Or Chromecast I say.

Might have to buy one. This is still a bit of a disaster if eleven end up with no channel, broadband in rural Ireland (rural as in a large town outside Cork city :rolleyes:) probably still isn't reliable enough that I'd be confident it could stream eleven sports well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

ELEVEN SPORTS MONTHLY PASS AVAILABLE FOR JUST £5.99 PER MONTH IN UK & €6.99 PER MONTH IN IRELAND

sigh

My tv is genuinely from 2001 so chromecast is off the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Chromecasts are buggy unreliable cheap pieces of **** anyway.

So another 7 quid a month now for Eleven? Not as much as I thought but still crap. Will be renegotiating with Sky to knock off the 7 quid since they've lost so much. May even cancel Sky. I only watch the odd footie game on Sky Sports these days.

Although having to go online to watch is a bit of work with no smart TV. If Im going online its to stream for free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The Nal wrote: »
    Chromecasts are buggy unreliable cheap pieces of **** anyway.
    They're not in the slightest.

They're not in the slightest.

+1
    When casting from an app with proper chromecast functionality it works fine. I used to cast UFC embedded to the TV, just queue them all and it'd play seamlessly.

It's only jittery is you are trying to screen mirror by tab casting, which they say it's beta feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Last I read was Eleven Sports = fight nights, Sky Sports = PPV

That would be a disaster splitting channels. Most people in UK/IRE would most likely record fight nights as the advertisements are a lot heavier and watch later not sure there is great value in me subbing to that when untalkable alternatives are available esp if watching post event.

The Spanish footie on Eleven is already a pain in the arse.

The Nal wrote: »
    The Spanish footie on Eleven is already a pain in the arse.

In what way? I haven’t used the app yet but interested to hear how it’s going.

• Advertisement

Twitter has a few storys regarding quality of stream.

For me having two different providers both requiring subs is not going to help anyone. People will be compelled to find alternatives methods to view. One of the UK red tops say Sky sports are going to get the numbered ppvs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I watched the Golf on Eleven Sports a couple of weeks ago and it was flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Pighead wrote: »
    I watched the Golf on Eleven Sports a couple of weeks ago and it was flawless.
    As did I and I did not find it flawless. No chromecast support, had to watch on my iPad. Buffered a good few times. Plus there's also the fact that as it's a stream we're always going to be behind the live action...I always enjoyed watching the fights on TV while following along to see what people are saying on twitter. Those days are in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dulux99 wrote: »
    As did I and I did not find it flawless. No chromecast support, had to watch on my iPad. Buffered a good few times. Plus there's also the fact that as it's a stream we're always going to be behind the live action...I always enjoyed watching the fights on TV while following along to see what people are saying on twitter. Those days are in the past.
    Can imagine that was pretty annoying alright. I really only watched the last day in full and I didn't get any buffering at all. Maybe there were issues earlier during the first couple of rounds?

Paully D wrote: »
    In what way? I haven’t used the app yet but interested to hear how it’s going.

I dont have a smart TV so I watch it via the browser via my PC so have to switch sources to HDMI 2 every time I want to watch it.

The quality is ok. Its clearly streaming quality even at "1080p".

Fight Night main cards coming back to Fight Pass it seems:

https://twitter.com/seansheehanba/status/1052946167301050369?s=21

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Fight Night main cards coming back to Fight Pass it seems:

https://twitter.com/seansheehanba/status/1052946167301050369?s=21

So to watch main events we have to subscribe to Eleven and to watch a Fight Night we now have to sign up for Fight Pass? Fúcks sake.

Thats me done. Illegal streaming/downloading all the way from now on.

Its going to be hard to justify not going illegal route. I have always paid subs for UFC however I 4/5 watch Sunday morning, if I cannot easily just start it up quickly on my tv whats the point in me paying for coverage.

If eleven sports have the facility whereby I can wake up the next morning and watch an event start to finish, without seeing spoilers I'll be happy. They also need to get a ps4/xbox app and also be supported by chrome cast. At the moment I don't think they have any of that.

However, many of my mates are fairly casual viewers and are not going to get the eleven sports app. They'll record the bigger ones on BT and watch a couple of fights. Those people will lose their interest, and that's saddening.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

They will be available on demand if shown on the app but it sounds like they're going down the ppv angle where they can or partnering with someone to show the bigger events.

Not sure how their relations are with Sky etc. as they are outbidding them for content all over Europe.

Don't think it makes much sense for UFC so they must be throwing money at them.

They will be available on demand if shown on the app but it sounds like they're going down the ppv angle where they can or partnering with someone to show the bigger events.

Not sure how their relations are with Sky etc. as they are outbidding them for content all over Europe.

Don't think it makes much sense for UFC so they must be throwing money at them.

The worst thing about the ppv thing is the fact you can't record them, on sky box office ppv atleast. It's hard to stay up for all of them. I honestly don't mind paying for the big ones as long as I can watch them at my leisure but if we're forced to staying up for them it's just going to drive people down the torrent route.

• Advertisement

Any progress on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

As a subscriber to BT sports with Eir in Ireland, espn is one of the sports channels I get, tho I never watch it.
    Anyone know if this espn channel will be showing the ufc after December??

As a subscriber to BT sports with Eir in Ireland, espn is one of the sports channels I get, tho I never watch it.
    Anyone know if this espn channel will be showing the ufc after December??

No, its completely different than the ESPN in America, only way you'll be watching UFC legally in Ireland from next year is with Eleven Sports and Fight Pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

how the **** do i cancel my eir sport :P i moved over from setanta... 1901 or something ?

Looks like eir sport have the numbered events!

https://www.eirsport.ie/subscribe-ufc-boxing

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Looks like eir sport have the numbered events!

??? you cant leave us hanging like that tripple J !!!

Looks like you just missed the added link to the post.

Not sure if they have as I cannot see it mentioned on twitter or web search however I thought BT lost from end of November and Eir are advertising "numbered" events into December on link above.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Looks like you just missed the added link to the post.

Not sure if they have as I cannot see it mentioned on twitter or web search however I thought BT lost from end of November and Eir are advertising "numbered" events into December on link above.

na twas end of the year sham so 29th dec will be the last.

Ah sound thought it was earlier, no harm eleven doesn't sub licence to them. Just wish we had some clarity. I got watched ufc230 handy enough from my cousins it the states on Sunday morning.

Think you can use your phone credit to subscribe to Eleven Sports

• Advertisement
Advertisement