Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

to me its not really like the SPR, only thing the same would be the reciver

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

SPR reciever isn't the same as an M4/15/16 reciever. The RS is chambered for 7.62, not 5.56 so it's got a larger magwell. As such everything is slightly adapted to suit it. There's not a damn thing that's compatible on an SPR reciever with an M4/15/16 and it's a pain in the arse because of it.

The RAS on that one seems a bit shorter than standard, and the magwell is small so I'd say this is actually an M16 with some heavy make-up applied. Though there is a variant of the SPR that does have a similar looking shortened RAS and length of barrel protrusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

It was being comparing to the spr so i was under the impression you where talking about the Mark 12 Mod 0/1 Special Purpose Rifle (SPR) as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_Mark_12_Mod_X_Special_Purpose_Rifle which would use the 5.56 round and there for be the same receiver family, but your clear talking about something like the G&G GR25 SPR which is modeled after the SR-25 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR-25 which is indeed a 7.62 in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Just looked up the original post on http://militaryphotos.net and as far as I can gather the battery would usually go on the sling and the wires would go from the end of the sling into the stock and from there to the receiver.
    NoMercy wrote:
    The battery goes in a battery sling that connects to the DD sling mount and has a 11.1v 4000mah lipoly in the back

Im in the planning for a Lipoly that will fit in the front of the ras

nm

Here's the link to the post: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32614&page=359
    This is the same thing, you can see where the battery goes and the wires leading into the front of the AEG.

sig55208.jpg

Puding wrote: »
    It was being comparing to the spr so i was under the impression you where talking about the Mark 12 Mod 0/1 Special Purpose Rifle (SPR) as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_Mark_12_Mod_X_Special_Purpose_Rifle which would use the 5.56 round and there for be the same receiver family, but your clear talking about something like the G&G GR25 SPR which is modeled after the SR-25 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR-25 which is indeed a 7.62 in real life.

Yeah that's a confusion I had when I was ordering it, I assumed it was the 5.56 Mk12Md0 version I was ordering. The SR25 SPR mags are a pain and the inability to use standard STANAGs is a bit of a drawback on it. Especially since I have so many lying here. It is an excellent unit though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Hey vtec whats that MP7 like?
    I like the idea of using it as a side arm with a drop leg holster.

It's a little big to be using as a sidearm. I see a lot of people saying they use them as such but I couldn't see anyone firing accurately with it one handed. It's nice and compact and sure it isn't much bigger or heavier than, say, a MAC 10 but it's not balanced around the pistol grip like a MAC would be. You'd need both hands and maybe the stock extended to get the right use out of it.

It's a wicked little machine though.

NakedDex wrote: »
    It's a little big to be using as a sidearm. I see a lot of people saying they use them as such but I couldn't see anyone firing accurately with it one handed. It's nice and compact and sure it isn't much bigger or heavier than, say, a MAC 10 but it's not balanced around the pistol grip like a MAC would be. You'd need both hands and maybe the stock extended to get the right use out of it.

True it wouldn't be as balanced as a MAC but at €85 its nicely priced.

It is, but as a secondary. I really wouldn't advise it as a sidearm. I wouldn't even advise the Mac as a sidearm. If you want an auto sidearm get a Glock 18c. All the benefits of a full auto sub tucked into a pistol body. And only a couple of bucks more than that.

If you're out at HRTA on Saturday I'll bring my MP7 and you can have a gander at the size and feel of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I actually like it a lot, ive put a few rounds through it and its fine, it feels nice to hold and isnt really that heavy when compard to a GBB pistol., Im not sure what kind of FPS its putting out but its better than the G18c going by eye., I had planned to strip it and rebuild it after hearing of others with problems but it seems most are the galaxy version so im just gonna leave it as is for now and if anything happens ill strip it then.,
    its a lot lighter than the MAC10/11s actually, im gonna get the little MAC too but id imagine this would be easier to use one handed than the mac being GBB and lade from heavier metal, its not gonna be a pistol though but it should be a very good CQB gun., I love the glock AEPs and this is just a bigger version of one of them. it uses a similar gearbox to the AEP and id say they'd chrono around 220-260ish mark., have to put a few miles on it though., :)

• Advertisement

If you're out at HRTA on Saturday I'll bring my MP7 and you can have a gander at the size and feel of it.

I wish i was! But sadly being at the other end of the country doesn't make it easy:(

I'll probably end up buying a pistol over the MP7;The P99 or a glock.
    But at €85 i'll prob end up with an MP7 too:D

yeah thats the same as me, I wanted it but wanted a GBB more so got the GBB and still wanted the MP7.,lol, its a decent little gun, if anything though it could do with a slightly better ROF that it has at the moment, but that might change a little with a good charge and a run in on the battery., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Screw the mac... Robocop gun all the way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Screw the mac... Robocop gun all the way :p
    The weirdo berreta?? lol Nah thanks, Snake Pliskin used a Mac10 with a silencer AND a scope! :D

zero19 wrote: »
    The weirdo berreta?? lol Nah thanks, Snake Pliskin used a Mac10 with a silencer AND a scope! :D

wait til ya see his beretta before ya make your mind up.,:D it sounded like the highest ROF ever in HRTA.,lol, me and gatling just looked at eachother when we heard to noise and said, "What the F*&k!"

vtec wrote: »
    lol, me and gatling just looked at eachother when we heard to noise and said, "What the F*&k!"

And then ate their faces! :p

Mweelrea wrote: »
    I wish i was! But sadly being at the other end of the country doesn't make it easy:(

I'll probably end up buying a pistol over the MP7;The P99 or a glock.
    But at €85 i'll prob end up with an MP7 too:D

I'm rocking a P99 and an MP7 myself. The P99 is a bad ass. I have the Maruzen version but I haven't used the KSC version yet. Easily the most comfortable pistol I've held yet. Lovely balance, weight, feel. It's just exactly right for me anyway.

wait til ya see his beretta before ya make your mind up.,:D it sounded like the highest ROF ever in HRTA.,lol, me and gatling just looked at eachother when we heard to noise and said, "What the F*&k!"

Hehe must be gas powered then? Never judge a book by its cover!

Jaysus:D
    I'm rocking a P99 and an MP7 myself. The P99 is a bad ass. I have the Maruzen version but I haven't used the KSC version yet. Easily the most comfortable pistol I've held yet. Lovely balance, weight, feel. It's just exactly right for me anyway.

Its certinly looks the business too. Whats the mag capacity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

got the well mp7 , second aug and its great for the price, nice weight in it too feels graeat to shoot

• Advertisement

Mweelrea wrote: »
    Jaysus:D

Its certinly looks the business too. Whats the mag capacity?

i think its a 30odd round mag, youd really need a bigger mag with that kind of ROF but neil is a sniper i suppose so not really that important., he never even brings it into the battles, just leaves it in his bag.,lol.,

Its got 38 in the mag I'm gonna try start to bring it out to unload on the feckers that don't aren't taking their hits. Its just the bloody holster starts to spin around my leg so gonna have to sort that out then it should work great

Ill show ya a little mod you can do to make it a lot more comfy neil, also thats a very good idea to take it in for the ones not taking thier hits, seems they are getting more common now.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Richie, how did you do the grip mod on the g36c? I only copped when you mentioned it is a spas grip!

What are the fasteners you used, the shiny ones on the side, and that front plate, was that part of the grip? Old springer? :D

With that big gap on the front, a flashlight would suit it perfectly, or if you custom fitted a laser, it wouldnt be designed for a firearm legally, so would be grand.

Very cool piece, what tools did you use?

Ever consider a mosfet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Motosam: threading a thin line there with the lasers.....

Regarding the mosfet, you'll pretty much definitely need one with that 10.8v in there, you'll burn out your trigger contacts pretty soon otherwise.

mofset is in the pipline for it., :)
    I used the original RIS mounts to fit brackets to it so that i could bolt the grip in place and i could make it fully reversable, the silver screws will be replaced when i get something that looks better for it., theres gonna be a small LED light in the tip of it to fill that gap and the extra space in the grip will be for a little idea im working on, will give more info when i get more parts and get it semi working., :)

I think i'll have to buy a new G36 for my SL8 project, looks like they're too good to part with!

kdouglas wrote: »
    Motosam: threading a thin line there with the lasers.....

Sorry, thought only ris ones were iffy.

Its a nice looking aeg vtec, and the grip really does look the part.

My connectors are charred at this stage with 9.6v, semi was half the reason I upped the voltage, I might stick an extra cell somewhere in the stock tube at a later stage for 10.8, 11v, maybe!
    So every time I fire a shot in semi I know I should order the damn mosfet parts, I can smell the connectors :eek:, but I dont have any experience with pcs board or whatever its called.

PCB. printed circuit boards., its a pretty simple concept really, it works kinda like a relay in that your just creating a switch that will allow the trigger to use lower voltage to complete a circuit on the switch that will fire the gun., im not too worried about damaging this G36 at the moment, its just a tester to see how far i can push things really and at 130yoyo's ya cant go wrong. it was doing 20rps when keith tested it but the night of the "night ops" i used pauls fast charger and there was a noticible difference in the ROF, i dont think i have nearly enough charge in it the last time it was tested but i think it might be getting a few more RPS now.

do you have any gearbox work done on your gun thats running a 9.6v? that could be the reason your wearing the trigger contacts out,. if you can get the gearbox running with as little resistance as possible then theres less load for the motor and in turn the battery and circuit linking it., mine is running like a swiss watch at the moment, when i removed the piston and cylinder etc and turned the gears by hand i could spin them really quick and they'd keep going for a few seconds showing no resistance at all, i was a bit skeptical about those bearing bushes at first but im pretty impressed with them now and im gonna use them in one of my M4s aswell,.:)

• Advertisement

The charring really happens most in semi, when you are constantly connecting and disconnecting the switch, you get arcing with a higher voltage, in full auto 9.6 wont damage the connectors when they are in full contact.

I know how to wire a mosfet, but I never have, pcb board I have no experience of, how do you, yekno, etch it or whatever it is you do to it? I may just solder the thing up as a bundle of wires :o

Gonna get bearing bushes too soon, probably will buy two sets, and a set of shims, two mosfets.
    I actually hear oiless bushes are stronger, and perform the same function?

Advertisement