Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Drumpot wrote: »

EPL Club "Fit and Proper test":

1. Do you have nefarious intentions with regards to purchasing this club? No

If you answered "no" to question one congratulations you have passed the Fit and Proper test.

If you answered “Yes” to question 1 then please go back and re-read and answer question 1 again.

Fixed that there for you fella. You must not have read the back of the questionnaire!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭KH25

There was thread on a different forum(possibly reddit, can't remember), where his behaviour was discussed. Albeit all 3rd party accounts, but the overwhelming opinion was that he isn't a likeable character. One incident mentioned was where someone recognised him in a supermarket and went up and asked for his autograph, or picture, and he answered by making animal noises(or something similar) into their face.

An extremely talented player no doubt, but a real sense of a "Big Time Charlie" about him.

Just on the animal noises thing, that’s a common internet joke made about pretty much any celebrity. Does seem to be a lot about him not being very likeable though.

• "Manchester United are waiting on the fitness of Harry Maguire and Marcus Rashford ahead of the Red Devils' Premier League clash with Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium this afternoon (12.30pm GMT)."

Knocks from the midweek game :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Would not be the end of the world if Marcus had to sit out today. Should do the same next week too.

• Martial up top on his own? Not got the work required for it.
    It's a must win game too, this years failures so far have made it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

We need to sign in January. And quality isn’t the main consideration either, it’s simply bodies that are needed first if we’re to see the end of the season in any sort of shape. If, for example, we are to progress far into the Europa League, the squad numbers just aren’t there in certain areas of the pitch for all the Thursday/Sunday football and once the better Champion’s League sides drop in they’ll blow us out of the water.

I wouldn't say Martial would be up top on his own. He'll be furthest forward in a front 4. Giving Rashford a break is not a little more tolerable now that Martial is back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He could go 352 again and have James and partial up top with Pereira in behind if rashford is missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If Maguire is injured do we have 3 centre half's? :pac:

No injuries from the midweek game and a "full strength" team today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Team to play Bournemouth: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelof, Young, McTominay, Fred, Pereira, James, Martial, Rashford.

Subs: Romero, Mata, Lingard, Rojo, Greenwood, Garner, Williams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jambofc wrote: »
    Team to play Bournemouth: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelof, Young, McTominay, Fred, Pereira, James, Martial, Rashford.

Subs: Romero, Mata, Lingard, Rojo, Greenwood, Garner, Williams.

Young against Josh King/Ryan Fraser. Sure what could go wrong? At least Bournemouth are playing with 2 CMs in an attacking formation. United should be able to deal with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

No complaints about that selection.

Although I’ve been very critical of him, Pereira certainly deserves to start ahead of Lingard and probably deserves a start in that advanced MF role with his last few performances.

You could argue Williams over Young but the young lad is exactly that and has barely kicked a ball for the team.

Bench looks thread bare but that’s the squad management for ya rather than selection/ injury issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ole says the smiles are now back

The quadruple is on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Hard to know which Bournemouth will turn up today.

I still look forward to the day that Youngs name cant appear in the squad.

Think United to win 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Hard to know which Bournemouth will turn up today.

I still look forward to the day that Youngs name cant appear in the squad.

Think United to win 2-1

Don't get the Young hate. He's not "that" bad. Jones and Rojo never got as much of it and are worse.

Young gets plenty of stick from fans but I'm still happy he managed to find a place in the squad he is content with back when he was on the verge of going.

If he's seeing a lot of game time it says a lot more about Luke Shaws position in our squad than Youngs imo.

adox wrote: »
    No complaints about that selection.

Although I’ve been very critical of him, Pereira certainly deserves to start ahead of Lingard and probably deserves a start in that advanced MF role with his last few performances.

You could argue Williams over Young but the young lad is exactly that and has barely kicked a ball for the team.

Bench looks thread bare but that’s the squad management for ya rather than selection/ injury issues.

I think Pereira and Lingard suffer the same way in that position. The play just passed them by. Lingard does more running and Pereira has a better final ball but when the tactic is to get the ball forward as quick as possible I think they should either be closer to midfield or attack and not get caught in the middle as has been happening.

• Lingard is just ****e at the moment
    Good to see him benched accordingly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Back when SAF was packing up and retiring there was a lot of chat about Young/Valencia who was the best option to keep around as back up to a new RB, three managers down the road and 5/6 seasons later one is not long out the door and the other is playing regularly at LB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

If I never see lingard start for us again I'll be very happy however I don't see how we will be able to get rid of him, he got a new deal early this year didnt he? Jesus I hate him. Aside from a rare purple patch of a couple of games at a time he has consistently flattered to deceive.

Lingard is just ****e at the moment
    Good to see him benched accordingly

That too possibly. I just feel that reducing his contribution to goals and assists like most do does him a disservice. He's been woefully out of form but has the attributes to do well in this team I think with a few tweaks to the system. I don't think anyone bar him and Pogba are comfortable dribbling at pace through the middle and it's a problem.

• Need to see more chances created from open play today

Fingers crossed we get the win

Come on Utd

Shudda done better.

Shudda done better.

Great movement and I'm liking that ball to James early on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Slip aside Martial definitely up for it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

weak effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

James is a serious talent. Decision making getting better each week.

• Perreria again ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Lively start. James looks dangerous as usual and Martial looks prepared to run at defenders, something we've sorely missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Pereira is not a 10. Not sure what he is but his composure is so poor

James really has made that position his own, constantly looking for the ball, great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think ill never get use to that utd kit

It's really not nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Martial with gloves on, I hope they're waterproof hahaha

I know it's naive and the horse has truly bolted on it but does every contest for the ball have to result in a free these days? That Pereira one a minute ago was nothing and Martial had on earlier too.

• Delicious first touch from Rashford

Issue showing there with Fred and McT taking up the same positions. Though I guess it is a relatively new partnership...

• We should be winning here

It's a very attacking midfield based formation alot of players are gonna end up overlapping

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Not a bad 25 mins

Would like to see their keeper tested

Weather is horrible

Also when the VAR checked the Bournemouth penalty appeal..... Why wasn't frazer booked for diving?

• Advertisement

We offer next to nothing in an attacking sense, unless we are counter attacking

Really don't get why VAR can't inform on diving especially if it's caused unnecessary delay to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Lindelof is shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Hence why teams who sit deep have no problem against us.

Sit deep, United won't create much , then hit us on counter.

It's because they don't utilise the space between the lines. How many times has Pereira gotten the ball 40 yards out facing goal? Instead it's just pinged to Martial's feet more often than not from deep midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bright start...bit Meh now.

wonder what happened here

fred? what did he do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Why did Fred get booked?

• Advertisement

fred? what did he do?

He steamed in and pushed lermar.