Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This album is 20 years old!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Don't care what anyone says, I still think this is their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Unreal album, definitely in my top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

It's a great album but not as good as OK Computer IMO.

In Rainbows is close too.

20 years though, this is one of those occasions where it doesn't make me feel old. Feels like this album is around forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Don't care what anyone says, I still think this is their best.

Agree, while Ok Computer, is a stalworth of an album and is definitely a more polished, produced album, The Bends as a whole just shades it in the songs category. Now the production is'nt as good as Ok Computer, I'll give you that, but overall i'd give the nod to "The Bends"...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'll be honest, I'm not mad about the title track, it's kind of a plodding rock track and I honestly don't know how many songs from the album would fit in my top ten Radiohead songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I don't think the title track is any weaker than the other rockier songs. I agree with your second statement. I'm not sure how many of the songs would squeeze into a top 20 even.

Regardless, the album still holds a very special space in my heart. And while it might be down the pecking order of favourite Radiohead albums I can still appreciate it as being a modern classic.

I've also some very fond memories of seeing some of the less obvious songs played live. Planet Telex, (Nice Dream) and Bones in particular.

Advertisement