Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Number 1 in Dundalk this week......

• 30-01-2015 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

is David Keenan. 14000 views in less than 24 hours for his song El Paso. Great talent. Great song. This is something of a golden era for the grand old town of Dundalk. We currently have the best soccer team in the land and now it looks like we have the greatest singer songwriter.

Skip to about 1:30 for the song.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

I've known David a while and it's great to see him get a break like this as he is very talented.

Check out his Soundcloud page https://soundcloud.com/davidkeenanmusic

Would recommend songs like Beggar to Beggar, Picketline and Another Day, excellent tunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Minjor wrote: »
    I've known David a while and it's great to see him get a break like this as he is very talented.

Check out his Soundcloud page https://soundcloud.com/davidkeenanmusic

Would recommend songs like Beggar to Beggar, Picketline and Another Day, excellent tunes.
    Have seen him play a few times around town over the past year and the three tunes you mention are definitely firm favourites of mine. Beggar to Beggar is excellent. He's got an old head on young soldiers. His Echo Road Records project is very commendable. Trying very hard to kick start the music scene back into life around town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Pighead wrote: »
    Have seen him play a few times around town over the past year and the three tunes you mention are definitely firm favourites of mine. Beggar to Beggar is excellent. He's got an old head on young soldiers. His Echo Road Records project is very commendable. Trying very hard to kick start the music scene back into life around town.

Yes, I agree. I usually listen to his show on Dundalk FM on Friday evenings, promoting local artists.

Have seen him play as well, have even played with him a few times. I play in a Dundalk based band and we've had him up to do Picket Line on occasions, always good fun. The band I'm in is called The Rollers by the way, cheeky plug. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Minjor wrote: »
    Yes, I agree. I usually listen to his show on Dundalk FM on Friday evenings, promoting local artists.

Have seen him play as well, have even played with him a few times. I play in a Dundalk based band and we've had him up to do Picket Line on occasions, always good fun. The band I'm in is called The Rollers by the way, cheeky plug. :D
    Have heard the name but haven't seen you lot play yet. Seen one of your members sing with David Keenan in Bru's alright but never the band together.

Anyway best of luck to all the Dundalk musicians. Seems to be a bit of a scene starting to develop. I'm 37 now and can remember the great nights had in the Sunshine Bar/Wisemans/MJ's etc in the mid 90's when there was a pretty vibrant music scene around the town.

Advertisement