Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echo and the Bunnymen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tombrown

Going to this. I am hoping they dont fill the set with Meteorites tracks & play a large percentage of the stuff I grew up with. Saw them the last time at the Olympia (first time in about 15 years) and they were awesome, so hoping for more of the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Agreed, that Olympia gig was something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭mosstin

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Agreed, that Olympia gig was something special.

Wonderful and that rarest of things - McCulloch in a good mood. Fantastic gig. I'm guessing that there'll be quite a few from 'Meteorites' (I'd be quite happy for them never to make a new album) but there will be several of the classics.

I was sat next to a guy who had obviously been dragged along by his wife/gf, and I dont think he was enjoying it much, Even more so when I spilt half a pint over him as the dancing got more exuberant ... they left early :(

I found this play list from a gig in Nottingham in December. This would do me nicely :)

Crocodiles
    Rescue
    Villiers Terrace / Roadhouse Blues
    All That Jazz
    Meteorites
    Seven Seas
    Bedbugs and Ballyhoo
    People Are Strange
    Holy Moses
    Over the Wall
    Never Stop
    Constantinople
    Bring On the Dancing Horses
    The Killing Moon
    The Cutter

Encore:
    Nothing Lasts Forever / Walk on the Wild Side / In the Midnight Hour
    Lips Like Sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭mosstin

tombrown wrote: »
    I was sat next to a guy who had obviously been dragged along by his wife/gf, and I dont think he was enjoying it much, Even more so when I spilt half a pint over him as the dancing got more exuberant ... they left early :(

I found this play list from a gig in Nottingham in December. This would do me nicely :)

Crocodiles
    Rescue
    Villiers Terrace / Roadhouse Blues
    All That Jazz
    Meteorites
    Seven Seas
    Bedbugs and Ballyhoo
    People Are Strange
    Holy Moses
    Over the Wall
    Never Stop
    Constantinople
    Bring On the Dancing Horses
    The Killing Moon
    The Cutter

Encore:
    Nothing Lasts Forever / Walk on the Wild Side / In the Midnight Hour
    Lips Like Sugar

Cannot have a show without 'A Promise'.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    Cannot have a show without 'A Promise'.

True

I'd love them to do The Disease again - saw them (well pretty much a Mac solo, complete with green guitar) do it at my first ever Bunnymen gig in 1983 and never seen it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

No "Silver" either. That was the highlight of the Olympia for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

really looking forward to this. saw them play a pretty short set at the button factory last year as part of a festival.. this should be something special. hope they play stuff off heaven up here

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

really looking forward to this. saw them play a pretty short set at the button factory last year as part of a festival.. this should be something special. hope they play stuff off heaven up here

Gig just started they are still **** cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Fantastic show, Mac was in flying form, seems to have recovered the strength in his voice that was lacking a few years back, great set list played too, highlight for me was the crowd singing "Bring on The Dancing Horses", was like the roof just lifted off The Olympia at the chorus, all the voices in unison, hairs standing on the back of your neck moment, unbelievable. Other pluses "Over The Wall" and the fantastic "The Killing Moon" , loved the versions of "Roadhouse Blues" and "People are Strange". If I had one slight gripe was that I thought it finished early-ish after the 9.30 start, but having said that it was an amazing night, I'm hoarse, bleary eyed and still hungover but it was well worth it.Mac and Will still rule......

Would love to see them do a summer festival gig too, maybe EP?, would love that.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement