Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Xmas money-off coupons

• 28-11-2012 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭

hi there,
    does anyone got a letter from Tesco with Xmas money-off coupons?
    I got yesterday 4 coupons for 9 Eur off when spend 60 Eur.
    Just one question: can I use them in Tesco Petrol stations?
    Or they just for groceries?
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Have you read the coupon small print?
    What does it say?
    When you called Tesco customer service, what did they say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

Tesco customer (as well as all customer services in this country) service has no ideas about those coupons - that is usual reaction from them.

The small print is regular: they can not be used on mobile top up, lottery, gift cards etc..
    but nothing about petrol stations..

Sooo, you have not called customer service.

I would presume it is for in-store shopping. I can't see them giving that big a discount on fuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭brian_t

Does the coupon mention the word "Store" ?

that's the thing - no any mentions of store, in-store, groceries.. anything!

text on front:
    Mr. XXXXXXXXXXX
    9 Euro OFF - when you spend 60 Euro or more in one transaction.
    Coupon valid only with your Clubcard
    from 26/11/12 until 02/12/12.

barcode ....

send an email to customer service, hope in few days to receive an answer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭gipi

Any small print on the back of the coupon? That's where the nitty gritty of most offers are hidden

no, nothing about restriction on petrol on a back of coupon

xeowp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

dunnes are doing a similar thing. 8 euro off when you spend 40 euro or more.same conditions as tesco. i think tesco copied dunnes idea but not sure......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

The dunnes ones specify grocery. I used the Tesco one to stock up on clothes for thekids for the next few months as they have a sale on at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Netty2

Antibac wrote: »
    The dunnes ones specify grocery. I used the Tesco one to stock up on clothes for thekids for the next few months as they have a sale on at the moment[/Quote

That's great that it is not grocery specific .

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

anyone know if these are going out to all clubcard holders? I've not got any yet.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

LavaLamp wrote: »
    anyone know if these are going out to all clubcard holders? I've not got any yet.....

Neither have I :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I've been holding onto my Tesco clubcard points coupon since they had that spate of 50% off frozen food and the like offer a year or so ago using your coupons.
    I've just past the €200 mark in unused coupons now (still plenty of time before they expire) but I think at this stage that particular promotion is unlikely to be repeated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭uli84

handy coupon but i wont receive im sure heh

haha me neither - I never get any decent coupons from Tesco it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Wonder what the criteria was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

I think they typically send money off a value of shop to infrequent shoppers to get them back through the door - so if you are a regular then your not going to get them.

I find with Supervalu as an example they might send me a voucher for 2 weeks in a row at €9 off if I spend €60. If I don't use them then the next time I get €12 off if I spend €50. Generally once it hits the €12 off I use them as combined with coupons and the odd special on spirits I can walk out with a pretty decent bargain. I tend not to do my big shops in Supervalu and I'd imagine thats why they always send these coupons out - I get them at least every 2 months.

Dunnes as an example offered something last year where you got a % back if you spent a certain amount per week for 4 weeks. The amount I had to spend was 25% of the same offer my mum got sent (she shops religiously at dunnes as its the handiest store for her).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

donnacha wrote: »
    I think they typically send money off a value of shop to infrequent shoppers to get them back through the door - so if you are a regular then your not going to get them.

You might be correct there. I went from being a regular Tesco shopper to almost never going in there now. I received the vouchers ( and binned them ! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I didn't get any either... I obviously am too regular a shopper

I've emailed them anyway, just to see what explaination they give me..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

slave1 wrote: »
    I've been holding onto my Tesco clubcard points coupon since they had that spate of 50% off frozen food and the like offer a year or so ago using your coupons.
    I've just past the €200 mark in unused coupons now (still plenty of time before they expire) but I think at this stage that particular promotion is unlikely to be repeated...

I've just doubled the value of mine with the bord gais deal.

I was watching Martin Lewis Money Show during the week about your unused vouchers. there's a section on their website (either Tesco or club card one) and once you put in your club card number there's a box to click on my vouchers where it shows you all your unused vouchers. You may have misplaced or lost the vouchers and apparently you can print them out. There was one woman who had nearly £100 in unused vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I shop in Tesco, got no vouchers, the odd time I go to Super Value for baby milk etc.

I got vouchers for Super Value, spend €69, get €9 off, for 3 weeks in a row.

My neighbour got the same vouchers for Tesco! So we swapped. They worked find with my clubcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

deelite wrote: »
    I've just doubled the value of mine with the bord gais deal.

Me too - love getting money off the gas bill!
    deelite wrote: »
    I was watching Martin Lewis Money Show during the week about your unused vouchers. there's a section on their website (either Tesco or club card one) and once you put in your club card number there's a box to click on my vouchers where it shows you all your unused vouchers. You may have misplaced or lost the vouchers and apparently you can print them out. There was one woman who had nearly £100 in unused vouchers.

Very interesting.
    I looked for this on the Clubcard website but couldn't find it - I emailed them, will report back.

I got a till spit earlier €3 off a €20 spend.
    Same discount.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I got a reply to my query to Tesco Customer Service:

"I'm sorry to learn that you are so disappointed with the random posting of the Conditional Spend Vouchers we've been sending out. It is a shame that you haven't received one and as a loyal and valued customer I can understand your disappointment and frustration.

These vouchers really were sent randomly and I assure you that there was no targeting involved.

I have noted your comments for the attention of the marketing department and I know that they will welcome the feedback. After all, if you don't tell us then we don't know.

As a gesture of goodwill, I am sending you a €50 Tesco Gift card.
    ...."

ok! I made up the last sentence. I did not receive a gift card!
    ;)

Well I just got my Baby & Toddler mailing and as usual they have sent me coupons for money off stuff I will NEVER use!!

Oh and as for till spits if I get ONE MORE for a free bloody SIM card I might just set fire to it right there at the till :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

CH3OH wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I got a reply to my query to Tesco Customer Service:

"I'm sorry to learn that you are so disappointed with the random posting of the Conditional Spend Vouchers we've been sending out. It is a shame that you haven't received one and as a loyal and valued customer I can understand your disappointment and frustration.

These vouchers really were sent randomly and I assure you that there was no targeting involved.

I have noted your comments for the attention of the marketing department and I know that they will welcome the feedback. After all, if you don't tell us then we don't know.

As a gesture of goodwill, I am sending you a €50 Tesco Gift card.
    ...."

ok! I made up the last sentence. I did not receive a gift card!
    ;)

Ha ! Brilliant, queue everyone lashing to their e-mail account to pop off an email with a similar observation to Tesco :D:D

All joking aside..

I replied to Tesco and copied the chief executive!!:eek:

Basically told them that Dunnes and Supervalu both managed to get
    me on their voucher mailings and that would be where I'm shopping for the
    next few weeks.

Don't believe for a minute that this wasn't a targeted promotion.
    It annoys me when companies neglect to look after their regular customers.

As Tesco says: Every little helps;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

CH3OH wrote: »
    All joking aside..

I replied to Tesco and copied the chief executive!!:eek:

Basically told them that Dunnes and Supervalu both managed to get
    me on their voucher mailings and that would be where I'm shopping for the
    next few weeks.

Don't believe for a minute that this wasn't a targeted promotion.
    It annoys me when companies neglect to look after their regular customers.

As Tesco says: Every little helps;)

Could you not just pick up a new Clubcard application form and use it once or twice (in your name but be creative with it) and wait to see if you get any vouchers that are 'targeting' infrequent shoppers?

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »
    Could you not just pick up a new Clubcard application form and use it once or twice (in your name but be creative with it) and wait to see if you get any vouchers that are 'targeting' infrequent shoppers?

Good Idea. thanks

Advertisement