Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"What are your salary expectations?"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,452 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Ush1 wrote: »
    If you're moving for money, you set the amount. You won't price yourself out because the only reason you are moving is for that amount.
    Does anyone move just for money? Are you really going to spend most of your waking hours in a crap job with crap people just for money?

It's rarely that simple. You need to have a good idea of the market rate. If you go in too high for them, they will turn you down. It's a balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

Let’s face it, we all work to earn money. I think it’s only right that money is discussed, if you feel you are getting a fair days pay for a fair days work, then it’s all good.
    I was asked straight out what I earned in front of my now boss, his boss and the hr director.
    Needless to say I got what I wanted salary wise, when the market is risbig, raise your salary expectations too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,452 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If they ask you what you're earning now, you can tell them to feck off - none of their business. Talk about your current expectations, using your understanding of the market to pitch at the right level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Does anyone move just for money? Are you really going to spend most of your waking hours in a crap job with crap people just for money?

It's rarely that simple. You need to have a good idea of the market rate. If you go in too high for them, they will turn you down. It's a balance.

Yes money is normally the main factor. You can often do the exact same role for more money so loving the job or hating it won't come into it.

If they turn you down it wasn't worth it, you were moving for a certain amount of money! When recruiters ask me about a role the first thing I will say is what is the salary/daily rate on offer.

Advertisement