Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calving Camera GoMo Sim problem

• 14-08-2020 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭

My calving camera worked perfectly with an Eir Sim Card. I changed to a GoMo Sim and now my camera will not work. Could anyone help me with this or let let me know of any other Sim operator as cheap or cheaper than GoMo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,619 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

How much was GoMo ??

Using a three sim here but it’s €20/month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

48 months. I use it, as does my 80 year old mother, for a few years now.
    €9.99pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,438 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could the SIM card be locked with a PIN and camera unable to unlock. Try the GoMo SIM in a phone and remove the PIN lock if there is one, then put back in camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭doyleshill

I have unlocked the SIM , the sim works fine in my phoone, data etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

is the sim in the camera ? and if so which apn are you using ?

• Advertisement

Sim is in Dongle, APN is data.myeirmobile.ie , thanks for your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Does data work with dongle connected to laptop?

was the dongle sourced from eir? if so it may be locked to their network

was the dongle sourced from eir? if so it may be locked to their network

Gomo SIM should work in most (if not all) Eir locked devices (same MNC).

It's an emobile dongle. The camera works perfectly with my old Eir Sim.

• Advertisement

Hi Ten Pin , the dongle doesn't work on laptop, but does syn up.

doyleshill wrote: »
    It's an emobile dongle. The camera works perfectly with my old Eir Sim.

Leave the cam aside for a moment can you connect to net with any other device (laptop, your phone on WiFi mode) via the dingle? with the Gomo sim

No, I can't connect but the internet light on dongle is on

What way did you set the APN?

Have you accessed the settings web page using the dongle address 192.168.1.1 while connected to laptop via WiFi or USB cable

Hi Ten Pin, I have internet connection on laptop but camera not working.

Open browser on laptop and Google the website

canyouseeme..

put the port number of the camera into the search box on the homepage and see is it open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

orm0nd wrote: »
    Open browser on laptop and Google the website

canyouseeme..

put the port number of the camera into the search box on the homepage and see is it open.

Sounds like a port closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭jfh

Sim is in Dongle, APN is data.myeirmobile.ie , thanks for your reply

Should the apn not be data.mymeteor.ie?

No, I can't connect but the internet light on dongle is on
    Sounds like a port closed

I'm still not sure if OP can get on line or not , need to verify that first , then see what's blocking cam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

jfh wrote: »
    Should the apn not be data.mymeteor.ie?

I'm with Gomo and my APN is the same as above.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

APN should be data.mymeteor.ie I believe

Thanks all, I will try that later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Thanks all, I will try that later on.

Keep us updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Can you get any internet from the dongle when you connect laptop or phone?

I have internet access on laptop and phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

When camera was working on EIR sim, was it connected to dongle via cable or wirelessly?

What model camera is it?

Can you view the cam connected to lan ( the dongle's WiFi) only.

Did you check to see if the port not blocked on canyouseeme, like I mentioned in a previous post.

Cannot see port when tried on canyouseeme site and I cant see camera on laptop

Cannot see port when tried on canyouseeme site and I cant see camera on laptop

even if gomo were blocking the port you should should still be able to log into the cam via lan (Local Area network)

ok lets verify

1::the laptop is connected to internet via the same dongle as the cam is using

2::: the login details for the viewer on the laptop is the IP. ad. of the cam along with your password and port number, and you are not using a dns server ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Fine Day

Hi guys. Got a few hikvision cameras with GSM that I plan to install soon in a romote farm yard for security and monitoring stock in winter. What is the best sim networt and how much should I expect to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Theheff wrote: »
    Hi guys. Got a few hikvision cameras with GSM that I plan to install soon in a romote farm yard for security and monitoring stock in winter. What is the best sim networt and how much should I expect to pay.

If there’s good coverage with 3, you could use their €20/month pay as you go

Yes Is ok. I wouldnd mind going bill pay if they had a good deal. We have 4 phones in the house between us all. Would any provider give us a good plan that to include everything. I need to shop around.

Yes Is ok. I wouldnd mind going bill pay if they had a good deal. We have 4 phones in the house between us all. Would any provider give us a good plan that to include everything. I need to shop around.

The 3 network has massive contention at busy times, I had it for a while and it was basically unusable for a few hours in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

Both 3 and Vodafone are almost useless where I live.
    I have had first hand experience with both of them.
    Apparently they are not interested in improving the rural signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Theheff wrote: »

in looking to have remote CCTV, solar powered and Sim(ideally)..i just was looking at hikvision - they look like good camera
    1. how much does the solar-powered-standalone-security-camera cost ?
    2. can i just insert a sim and i can get a live feed (o do i also need routers etc). thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Could you set up a camera to run off an old tractor battery and if so would it last long before recharge. ?

MikeSoys wrote: »
    in looking to have remote CCTV, solar powered and Sim(ideally)..i just was looking at hikvision - they look like good camera
    1. how much does the solar-powered-standalone-security-camera cost ?
    2. can i just insert a sim and i can get a live feed (o do i also need routers etc). thanks

I have done abit with solar in the last 2 years altho not with cctv just water pumps only. Its great for remote locations or if one wanted to be less depended on the main grid. Its a very easy to set up too,the majority are plug and play. You will need to know your load current and work from there. The HIK vision is good and not crazy priced. You will need a camera, recorder and gsm. What I like about this system is you can add more camera if the needs arises once your recorders has enough channels ie. 4 channel or 8 channel and so one. As far I am aware you are limited with the sim cameras and also the are expensive for just a system with camera. I priced one before and it was about €300 for a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭cute geoge

My calving shed is literally 40 feet away from the back door what camera would be the cheapest and easiest to set up .I like the lidl security camera ,this is a job to be done for next year

cute geoge wrote: »
    My calving shed is literally 40 feet away from the back door what camera would be the cheapest and easiest to set up .I like the lidl security camera ,this is a job to be done for next year
    I got a lidl solar power flood light before ... it does not go off.. So yeah lidi/aldi stuff :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭emaherx

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Could you set up a camera to run off an old tractor battery and if so would it last long before recharge. ?

Its a bit of a how long is a piece of string question.
    How much power does a Camera use? (depends on the camera)
    What size battery are you using?

If a camera uses 1A and you have a 100AH battery then in theory you could run for 100 hours. (In reality you don't want to run a battery that low very often or it will have a very short life)

A camera is likely to use 0.1A to 0.5A but you'd have to check the specs and allow more power for GSM/WiFi, either onboard or separate device.

Some Camera's may be designed to run off of batteries and only record when movement is detected by a PIR, these will just record 8-60 seconds of video and go back to sleep, they usually have their own batteries and will run for months.

emaherx wrote: »
    Its a bit of a how long is a piece of string question.
    How much power does a Camera use? (depends on the camera)
    What size battery are you using?

If a camera uses 1A and you have a 100AH battery then in theory you could run for 100 hours. (In reality you don't want to run a battery that low very often or it will have a very short life)

A camera is likely to use 0.1A to 0.5A but you'd have to check the specs and allow more power for GSM/WiFi, either onboard or separate device.

Some Camera's may be designed to run off of batteries and only record when movement is detected by a PIR, these will just record 8-60 seconds of video and go back to sleep, they usually have their own batteries and will run for months.

Thanks for your reply. I don’t have a camera or battery yet but here is what I propose to do.
    Mount a Ptz camera on a mono pole on a slightly elevated hill where I have visibility of a couple of out farms where I can tell if stock are where they are supposed to be. What I think I need is gsm enabled ptz camera,solar panel, battery but not sure of sizing or spec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭emaherx

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I don’t have a camera or battery yet but here is what I propose to do.
    Mount a Ptz camera on a mono pole on a slightly elevated hill where I have visibility of a couple of out farms where I can tell if stock are where they are supposed to be. What I think I need is gsm enabled ptz camera,solar panel, battery but not sure of sizing or spec.

What's your budget here?
    Any requirement for night vision over long distance? (This would be expensive)
    There are solar PTZ cameras with 4G built in but I don't think they will be much good in this situation.
    You need a PTZ with a decent optical zoom, probably won't be too many options with 4G built in, so separate camera, 4G modem and solar would most likely the best option.

A MiFi type modem would be a good option if the camera has WiFi as I could be powered of a USB port on the charge controller.

Just wondering about THESE GSM ones.. anyone use these?

https://www.globalm2msim.com/rates/

emaherx wrote: »
    What's your budget here?
    Any requirement for night vision over long distance? (This would be expensive)
    There are solar PTZ cameras with 4G built in but I don't think they will be much good in this situation.
    You need a PTZ with a decent optical zoom, probably won't be too many options with 4G built in, so separate camera, 4G modem and solar would most likely the best option.

A MiFi type modem would be a good option if the camera has WiFi as I could be powered of a USB port on the charge controller.

Re the budget I’ve no problem pay 5/600 if it’s of good quality and hassle free set up.
    There’s no requirement for any extended night vision. Thanks again.

Advertisement