Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerobic efforts

Options
  • 11-08-2020 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

https://www.trisutto.com/en/teams/home-of-triathlon/blog/the-myth-of-cardio

thoughts on this....

so every swim or run session should have at least 40mins of aerobic effort to get any benefit unless its a recovery session?

makes a mockery of my 45 min pool sessions where I hand a handy warm up and cool down. need to get straight in and get working hard asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

bopperr wrote: »
    https://www.trisutto.com/en/teams/home-of-triathlon/blog/the-myth-of-cardio

thoughts on this....

so every swim or run session should have at least 40mins of aerobic effort to get any benefit unless its a recovery session?

makes a mockery of my 45 min pool sessions where I hand a handy warm up and cool down. need to get straight in and get working hard asap.

of course said coach tells people they doing it all wrong if they dont do short turbos over the winter as short as 45 min lol

30 x 40 x20 can be a brilliant session if done right and if done right if you were to listen to another succesfull coach * coach of current male and femlae kona champ. doing more than those 30 x 40 x20 at the right intensity its has no positive impact and even 30x40 20 can be way too much if athelte is not ready.
    but his underlying point is of course right.
    you wont get really good if you always do 45 min sessions where you do a lot of warm up cool down and drills yet at the same time a 45 min swim is better than no swim

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

Thanks, What is 30 x 40 x 20 in swimming and how is it done well.

bit of help there was a great coach , who did , i think it was 87 m meter hill reps , with his athletes. since he was rather successfull
    everyvbody was wondering why 87 m and not 85 or 90 m ... the answer was the sand dunne was 87 m meter long .....
    maybe is you study energy systems you will be able to find an answer for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I am going to answer this one. I may be wrong and if I am it will enrage Peter so. much he will feel obliged to correct me. And if I am right he will either ignore me or call me fat and slow (accurate)

30 reps of 40 metres with 20 sec recovery. Probably done hard.

i dont know the answer, since i dont know the swimmer

• Advertisement
Advertisement