Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isn’t that a lovely farm.

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It's truly bizarre that the S + P 500 is at an all time high again considering the covid 19 effect on the overall economy, I realise the likes of amazon benefited from lockdown etc but that alone doesn't explain it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    considering the covid 19 effect on the overall economy

Only very small areas of the economy are affected, the vast majority of business outside of travel, high street shops and local business ran relatively normal. Maybe new or growth opportunities slowed down but for most it was business as usual just done from home offices.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    It's truly bizarre that the S + P 500 is at an all time high again considering the covid 19 effect on the overall economy, I realise the likes of amazon benefited from lockdown etc but that alone doesn't explain it

Covid at no impact or a positive impact on many business, particularly big multinationals in IT etc who are booming similar for amazon, pharma etc.

Covid is not a normal recession, a lot of high value jobs etc that would normally be impacted have not been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

If you won the lotto you should be sitting back and relaxing not buying more hardship

Maybe some of us like the misery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

As the.lotto winner said to his wife when she asked what to do about the begging letters

''keep sending them''

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Base price

As the.lotto winner said to his wife when she asked what to do about the begging letters

''keep sending them''
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I was at a public auction of a farm Around 2007/08 .. farm was nearly 500acres in one block.... sold for 30,000/acre..... and the guy that bought it wasn’t even hesitating when it was his turn to bid.... I’d say it could ve went to 50k/acre and it wouldn’t have bothered him.....

I didn’t know him.... but he appeared in the farming independent in the last few weeks.... 30k/acre unless u won the lotto is stupid money for farmland...

I was in a farmyard earlier this week up to the North West of us, dairy and tillage. Big tank going in and 4 robots starting next spring. Handy sized outfarm:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Cattlepen

Zero interest rates and further fiscal and monetary stimulus will create higher asset price inflation including land. Were living in a hugely distorted market. Ignoring large parcels who go to wealthy individuals I cant actually see what's driving land prices anymore. So much uncertainty around beef dairying and future subsidies. Lads paying over 10k for heavy hilly ground round here is pure madness in my opinion. Then another nice sum on drainage. it's not so long ago land was worthless. In saying all that I do actually think land can rise further thats if the whole system doesn't collapse.

Everything your saying is very interesting. One thing I can’t understand is the lads paying the 10k for the heavy hill ground while top class walk-in farms in the dublin commuter belt are not making much more. I’m very puzzled with this

jaymla627 wrote: »
    When 2nd/3rd world countries do the above like Argentina their currency becomes worthless and they have hyper-inflation when America/China do it a eye-lid isn't batted, when the market isn't allowed to follow the basic laws of economics their comes a point where the whole house of cards will come falling down, look at the wire card fiasco in Germany two billion of assets on the balance sheet that never existed our was siphoned off, that's just the tip of the iceberg of the f**k-acting that's taking place

And your Argentina's borrow in dollars so are really in trouble then

It is crazy the financial instruments and manoeuvres that are being used

Covid at no impact or a positive impact on many business, particularly big multinationals in IT etc who are booming similar for amazon, pharma etc.

Covid is not a normal recession, a lot of high value jobs etc that would normally be impacted have not been.

High street businesses suffered big time and tourism

• Advertisement

Everything in moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭memorystick

Sad time for the family. Hope they get through the next few days and weeks as best as they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Sad time for the family. Hope they get through the next few days and weeks as best as they can.

What?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

What?

I'm surprised this forum is up again, there was a tragic death in the family.
    Deepest sympathy to all RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Not the place for it lads

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Farmer2017

All mods to close this forumn definitely not should be open anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Probably best closed alright. Sympathies to the family from all here.

Buford T. Justice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement