Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JLPT Question

Options
  • 05-10-2016 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm studying the LC Japanese syllabus, but I'd like to follow the JLPT syllabus in tandem and take those tests.

I think the test only takes place in December in Dublin, so I was thinking of planning now to do the JLPT N4 December 2017.

What books do you all recommend to follow and can I get them here in Ireland? I saw the N5/N4 practice papers on the official site but can I get them here and is there an official course book that covers the syllabus for N5/N4? I'm aiming to get the books for both, but to sit the N4.

Also, it's a way off yet, but how much is it to sit the test?

Any other tips - is the Leaving Cert syllabus very different to the N5/N4 tests?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Plyskeen

Um, didn't see this thread until now, and we are only a few months away from the test (by the way, this year the exams are supposed to be hosted by UCD and not DCU; in previous years, the registration was already open by now, but we are yet to have a webpage for it, which is worrying quite a bit people who are planning to sit it... if anyone has more information about this, please do post an update!).

Regarding your other questions:

For N4 preparation books, I would recommend "Nihongo charenji. N4, Kotoba = Nihongo challenge. N4, Vocabulary" and "Nihongo charenji. N4, Bunpo to yomu renshu = Nihongo challenge. N4, Grammar and reading practice". You can get them from amazon for sure (that's how I got them), maybe in some bookstore as well (I guess that they would be able to order them if they do not have them)?

I can't remember how much exactly did the N4 cost last year (they get a bit more expensive), but I think that it was around 60 euros or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Plyskeen

Well, go figure, the Japanese embassy just sent an email with the URL to register for the test: http://www.ucd.ie/japan/exams/ 85€ for any of the levels - looks like prices have gone up a bit!

Advertisement