Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP 16gb USB stick €19.99 Tesco

Options
  • 04-03-2011 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Tesco have these back on sale again at €19.99 for the 16gb version. Plenty in stock in Ashbourne yesterday. They also have 8gb and 4gb versions on sale too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

got 2 of these last time around for 13each but as a possible word of warning ive had nothing only trouble with them (may not be all but ive had to have them replaced from the manufacturer PNY) even the replacements are not what i would call reliable they often fail on reading or else fail on writing to the device so dont actually use them and cant be a**ed going through the whole RMA process again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

I picked up two of these the last time they were on sale too. Have to say I have had no problems with either. Luck of the draw I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyone know the read write speed on these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

pissed wrote: »
    Tesco have these back on sale again at €19.99 for the 16gb version. Plenty in stock in Ashbourne yesterday. They also have 8gb and 4gb versions on sale too.
    i saw them at 9.99 for 4gb and 29.99 for 8

Definately at €19.99 for the 16gb in Ashbourne on a big yellow sticker :D, that was up to 7 pm last night. On my way around that way now will check the current price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I just scanned a 16gb (at a different Tescos), can confirm shelf says €39.99, scanning at €19.99 :)

4gb 9.99
    8gb 14.99
    16gb 19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

is this better in speed when compared to ALdi's 8gb one?

Not sure of speed, but Tesco one is very compact

The model number on my drive is v135w and according to tests below has a read/write speed of 30.52/8.16mb/sec. The drives on sale at the moment look identical to my one.

http://usbspeed.nirsoft.net/?pdesc=HP+v135w+USB+Device&vname=Hewlett-Packard&vid=1008&pid=13319

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I got two the last time. One is dead already

Packet mentions a two year warranty. At least if anything goes wrong just bring it back to Tesco for a replacement (keep receipt). At least its a bricks and mortar purchase.

Bought a 16gb myself earlier. Very handy size for throwing on a keyring, small and lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

none left in tesco dundrum :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrmr

Diarmuid wrote: »

Same here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mossyhayes

Bought one of these this morning. Great value & two year warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Picked up last one in Crescent Shopping Centre, Limerick.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They had several in coonagh cross, limerick this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

I got a 8gb last June. I tried it with xp & vista. It had a mind of its own as to weather it would work or not.

I brought it back to Tesco and they gave me a new one (I asked them to destroy it there and then as i had personal info on it - which they did)

The second one was as bad. It would work some days and not work other days. Even when it did work it could take 3 minutes to register in windows explorer. Tried it on about 7 computers.

Bought this Scandisk on Amazon in the end - Its not the fasted USB out there but it is reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

nulabert wrote: »
    Bought this Scandisk on Amazon in the end - Its not the fasted USB out there but it is reliable.

That is the model i went for as well. Should be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My husband was in Tesco in Ennis yesterday and picked up two. They still had a handful left in stock. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

biebiebie wrote: »
    I just scanned a 16gb (at a different Tescos), can confirm shelf says €39.99, scanning at €19.99 :)

4gb 9.99
    8gb 14.99
    16gb 19.99

If tesco scan something at a price different than the shelf you get it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

If tesco scan something at a price different than the shelf you get it for free.
    No, you are only entitled to a get it free if you have been charged full price. So if you pay full price for the item and then go to the Customer Service, they will refund you.

However, if the error in price is noticed at the point of sale, it can be rectified by the sales assistant so you pay the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

pissed wrote: »

Got one in Galway at the weekend, they are/were also doing TDK 16GB SD-HC (Class 6) for the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

nulabert wrote: »

That's an understatement; it's very slow in comparison to what's out there. Not necessarily a dealbreaker depending on your usage pattern, but I had to borrow one recently and had to wait an unreasonable amount of time before 4GB worth of files copied over. It's unfortunate because it's one of the nicest looking compact keys I've come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

Diarmuid wrote: »

Bought one about 3 weeks ago and it died leaving me stuck with projects for my leaving cert on it that I can get off. Also cant find my receipt! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

God Father wrote: »
    Bought one about 3 weeks ago and it died leaving me stuck with projects for my leaving cert on it that I can get off. Also cant find my receipt! :(

Try one of the free recovery utilities.

Advertisement