Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies and the heat

13»

Comments

I am a sometimes warm female and also a sometimes cold female.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

And there was me thinking about posting how I was walking about cork the other day and how SAVAGE the ladies were In the sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

meeeeh wrote: »
    Yeah that's easy to believe.

Yeah, because it doesn't make sense. Oh look your partner in Misrepresentation thanked you, isn't that nice? I feel all warm and fuzzy(maybe the AC needs to go on).

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

But why even bring colonialism into it? Normal people don't think like that. Do yourself a favour, stop reading Jezebel and the other poisonous rubbish, leave your basement and go out and talk to some men. You might find you like us and that we're not monsters! You might even find a boyfriend.

She thinks men see women as evil, best of luck getting any sense out of that mentality.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

nullzero wrote: »
    Yeah, because it doesn't make sense. Oh look your partner in Misrepresentation thanked you, isn't that nice? I feel all warm and fuzzy(maybe the AC needs to go on).

Just because you say something is misrepresenting does not make it that. Ithe

Or perhaps you need to cool down as you’re a bit too full of hot air.

°°°°°

anewme wrote: »
    Just because you say something is misrepresenting does not make it that. Ithe

Or perhaps you need to cool down as you’re a bit too full of hot air.

You were misrepresentating me. Anyone who reads what I have said and what you said in repsonse will see that.

I'm perfectly cool as I am thanks you very much. I don't feel I'm full of hot air at all,I think you're getting a little worked up yourself.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,556 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I see where you’re coming from but I wish it were different. I do like to look good myself whenever I’m meeting clients or involved in important internal meetings but there are some days when I don’t think a tie is really necessary.

We have a few “dinosaurs” in senior positions whom are of the “casual attire breeds a casual attitude” (their words) brigade. Even out “casual” Friday has rules around what can wear. Granted, that was due to a couple of younger staff, and a bunch from IT, arrived in with “rocker” T-shirt’s and generally looking like shít.

The rules around women’s clothes in the office isn’t enforced as strongly, once they don’t bare their shoulders. It would be great if they could dress for a degree, or two, above “room temperature”.

I wish it were different too. Women are expected to dress a certain way. Men.
    are expected to dress a certain way too.

Insome ways women are more free to dress but in others men have it easier because they have a more prescribed suit uniform.

Bit neither women or men are free to step outside the social convention. Man can't wear a floaty cheese cloth shirt any more than women can wear a thermal vest or long johns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

nullzero wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're talking about to be honest.
    It is a thing all right null. The woman hating psycho language includes referring to women and girls as females instead of women or girls, as if it's a nature programme. It's a very deliberate tactic.

But I don't think that's being done here. The OP referred to males too. I'd usually be one of the first to notice misogyny (and misandry) however I really think this thread makes a valid point rather than just giving out about the women.

It's frustrating when a jumper or cardigan could be put on or when it's not cold but people are just imagining it because they think dull/rain always = cold. It's not good for people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

It is a thing all right null. The woman hating psycho language includes referring to women and girls as females instead of women or girls, as if it's a nature programme. It's a very deliberate tactic.

But I don't think that's being done here. The OP referred to males too. I'd usually be one of the first to notice misogyny (and misandry) however I really think this thread makes a valid point rather than just giving out about the women.

It's frustrating when a jumper or cardigan could be put on or when it's not cold but people are just imagining it because they think dull/rain always = cold. It's not good for people.

So's gaslighting people into thinking about words to use rather than what argument to make :P IMO, its similar to the constant changing of what to call people of color.

Sometimes a word is just a word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Great film. Bullock and McCarthy make a great duo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Scantily clad young wans with cheap Penneys t-shirts, canvas trainers with no socks and jeans that were mauled by 4 alsations shivering and whinging is a regular occurrence in my workplace!

Practicality is not exactly a feature of women's fashion. If it was high heels wouldn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RedEric7

Wow this brings me back to my previous workplace and the daily arguments that took place. Thankfully work in a place now with a centralised air conditioning system that operates on a daily time schedule. Funniest thing about it all was someone who brought in their own heater and blew the socket it was plugged into!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nowadays modern AC is becoming more prevalent, however AC does not work is Lenny from HR keeps opening windows , the principle of AC is that it moves air in and out of the building.

Modern buildings have their heating, AC ,lighting etc controlled by Buildings Maintenance System which means everything is pre programmed allowing for seasonal changes etc.

Lenny opens his window because the modern BMS is the greatest con job ever invented, they're absolute dog**** at maintaining temps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

spodoinkle wrote: »
    And there was me thinking about posting how I was walking about cork the other day and how SAVAGE the ladies were In the sun

Some cracking tits round Cork.

Advertisement