Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Identity Crisis ! Cool Newbie V member

• 09-09-2001 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

On Saturday morning i was a cool newbie with an Avatar.
    Saturday night I became a junior member and had lost my Avatar :(
    Sunday morning I get kenny back but now i'm a member
    Call it picking holes" But if i'm going to be "LABELED"

Can I have "cool newbie"
    back?

When I grow up to become a SENIOR MEMBER What does a senior member Become?

Sunday Night "Pathetic Earthling!" Brilliant, that'll do :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved to admin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

hey Relative,have u noticed that all the little admin guys dont have their clean row of shiny stars....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Relative

moved to admin
    Is this a promotion or a demotion ? I thought it was quite apropriate in After Hours ? :)
    hey Relative,have u noticed that all the little admin guys dont have their clean row of shiny stars....
    It seems to me that there is a "Heirachy" and some wish to be seen to be more important then others ? :)

But I do like the new look

Hmm

Asking stuff about the board goes here not anywhere else.

Simple.

It would be the same as if you asked for counterstrike servers on the music board.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Admin is the place for questions about the workings of Boards.ie

We've been making loads of changes today so stuff has changed rapidly.

Someone objected to being referred to as a "Pathetic Earthling" so i turned them into a newt.
    They wont get better either. :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

yes o great one ,and do we get right in this boards or is it only the few who make it to the 5000 mark? i bet ye hate when new guys start......o sorry,"newit.."

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jamie, when you get to know us better you'll understand the way things work around these here parts :)

Anyone can post here regardless of length of time on boards.

you'll notice it doesnt get much better as you progress... eventually you end up as a no-lifer....

Also, we have a laugh here. Nothing too serious. Please dont take it as superiority but you ARENT the first newbie to come barging in and demanding respect.

Respect is earned, and its not earned with post counts.

Have fun here!

DeVore.

Can I have "cool newbie"
    back?
    Many Thanks :)
    FROM DeVORE : Respect is earned, and its not earned with post counts.
    So it's quality rather then quantity - that's fair comment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Q

I've reverted the member titles to the old BB ones.

Cool Newbie is back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by jamiecake
    yes o great one ,and do we get right in this boards or is it only the few who make it to the 5000 mark? i bet ye hate when new guys start......o sorry,"newit.."

newt = type of reptile
    used as a threat in monty python afair

http://users.rcn.com/spiff.interport//main/Images/pictf/easternstrip.GIF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Originally posted by jamiecake
    or is it only the few who make it to the 5000 mark?
    I think HOBBES is the only person on boards with at least 5K posts, surely he's a loner in that area!!! no offence to ya hobbes but it oculd be true, i don't know for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Relative

Many Thanks :)

So it's quality rather then quantity - that's fair comment :)

yep. look at my post count and youll see the respect that i dont get.
    and i demand respect goddamn it!

huh! at least im old enough to go to the pub :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Death Sentence
    I think HOBBES is the only person on boards with at least 5K posts, surely he's a loner in that area!!! no offence to ya hobbes but it oculd be true, i don't know for sure.

I think I was 5K 2 weeks ago. :p WW) is not far behind me.

My post count (and WWMans) may look high but actually they aren't. We have been around longer.

Richindub2 + Smoke me a kipper actually have more posts then us. (Might argue that Bard has too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Hobbes

Richindub2 + Smoke me a kipper actually have more posts then us. (Might argue that Bard has too).

Profile For Bard Search for all posts by this user.

Date Registered: 15-04-2000
    Total Posts: 3608 (6.98 posts per day)

Profile For richindub2 Search for all posts by this user.

Date Registered: 28-07-2000
    Total Posts: 3295 (7.98 posts per day)

Profile For smoke-me-a-kipper Search for all posts by this user.

Date Registered: 01-02-2001
    Total Posts: 3076 (13.68 posts per day)

Profile For Hobbes Search for all posts by this user.

Date Registered: 01-01-1970
    Total Posts: 6106 (0.53 posts per day)

Any chance of a more exact date for when you started posting hobbes? Otherwise smak wins the highest posts per day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

richindub2
    13-09-2001 07:55 PM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

music to my ears :)

(or a visual orgasm, whichever suits better....:cool: )

FROM DeVORE : Respect is earned, and its not earned with post counts.
    It seems that Death Sentence, Hobbes and richindub2 have the"mine is bigger then yours" mentality
    From JamieCake : hey Relative,have u noticed that all the little admin guys dont have their clean row of shiny stars....
    They are back and There is deffo a Elitest even snobby attitude of some users at boards.ie
    Its seems that maybe the more posts you have = more stars = the more important the contributor.
    But is it quantity or quality?

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

Admin4.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin4.gif:)

to be honest relative, its that sort of attitude that kinda p1$$es me off. seriously.
    i mean, what exactly would you have people do?
    not have little stars?
    these are the people who run the boards, they are the people who have put in the time, energy, and plenty of money to allow a community to come together and really talk $hite and have fun in one place. thats all this has ever been. a centre point for a certain community.
    we generally all get along here, we tolerate the muppets, because usually we really dont care what they say.
    but it is very annoying when people come in and start spouting out this rubbish about people.
    if i met you on the street, and said for example, 'youre mother is a whore' i dont think youd be very impressed. well, youve just met us on the internet......
    It seems that Death Sentence, Hobbes and richindub2 have the"mine is bigger then yours" mentality
    rubbish. hobbes has the most posts here simply because he works from home and spends his life on the internet. and the fact that he has no friends as well probably :)
    i havent seen that sort of attitude from the other guys either.
    just becaseu you see one post from someone that you feels is unfair, or unjust, or is just plain stupid.. well, dont take it personally. everyone posts rubbish sometimes. try to get to know people from the average post the make, not just one stupid comment on the 'i like donkeys' forum.
    They are back and There is deffo a Elitest even snobby attitude of some users at boards.ie
    Its seems that maybe the more posts you have = more stars = the more important the contributor.
    QUOTE]

rubbish. and anyway, who the hell cares how many stars you have. i mean do you seriously lay awake in your bed wishing for that extra star? if you want stars, go work in mcdonalds. i hear you get them for cleaning the toilets.
    afiak, stars are realted to most count. nothing more nothing less.
    so post 'lol' on ever joke on the humour forum and you'll start racken em up.

neither.
    either have a laugh or try and post something construstive.
    sarcasm is fine, but when you are dealing with the peole who run the board (who dont understand sarcasm or irony i might add) its best to address any issues you have directly. dont be snide and pathetic about it.
    and if you just want to post a load of rubbish and tripe, try the CS board.

the only rule is to use commen sense.
    as devore said, have fun.

god i wish the pub was open at this time of the morning.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I don't think number of posts has anything to do with whether a person gets respect or not, nor does it have an impact on how seriously that person is taken.

For example: I am mod of the literature board, Bob and NESF came on and posted intelligently and well. I give them respect and I'm fairly sure others do as well.

However, Damo once posted on the literature board.. i think it was damo anyway, with a "f**k off yis bastards!" type post. Despite a high post count, he quickly got edited (I very rarely edit or step in, has to be something I consider serious). As the person was a muppet (sorry Damo if it wasn't you!)

I don't think there is an elitist or snobby attitude on the boards.

Dev and Cloud Admin the boards: they make changes to the layout and content areas. They deserve recognition for what they do. A few shiny stars isn't a big price to pay is it?

The Mods: look after the content in particular areas. We stop people getting picked on, look out for the legality of things, protect the sensibilities of the board members. You may have a problem with a mod, but think of this community of ours without mods or worse! if everyone was a mod! Chaos! Anarchy! End of the world!!!! :)

The members etc: the labels are a bit of fun. Cool Newbie and Old Git are all the same really. It's just a laugh.

FROM WWM : to be honest relative, its that sort of attitude that kinda p1$$es me off.
    What attitude would that be then?
    FROM WWM :i mean, what exactly would you have people do?
    not have little stars?
    Yes why not and if they must have them put them in their profile along with their post's number?
    FROM WWM : a centre point for a certain community.
    Certain community. What's that?
    FROM WWM :we tolerate the muppets, because usually we really dont care what they say.
    but it is very annoying when people come in and start spouting out this rubbish about people.
    I think it is you who is the Muppet ? - What rubbish?
    FROM WWM :if i met you on the street, and said for example, 'youre mother is a whore' i dont think youd be very impressed. well, youve just met us on the internet......
    I think an apology might be in order here?
    FROM WWM :if you want stars, go work in mcdonalds. i hear you get them for cleaning the toilets.
    Another apology maybe :)
    FROM WWM :stars are realted to most count. nothing more nothing less.
    Well consider putting them in the profile along with the post count?
    FROM WWM :either have a laugh or try and post something construstive.
    If you have read this thread you might notice that I am the author and I think I have been constructive. I don't give a f..k about "stars & posts" but I am sure that some users are intimidated by "stars and the amout of 'posts' that occupy the left side of the "page"?
    It just something I think boards.ie should consider?

WhiteWashMan you replied almost immediately to my previous post, please take a little longer in future and then you might give a more reasonable reply. :)

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

Drum roll please...

ghandi.gif

Thank you, thank you very much...

DeV.

• Advertisement

From DeVore :Thank you, thank you very much...

I'll take that as POINT TAKEN? or Can I expect the WRATH OF THE BOARDS CLIQUE? (click) :)

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Actually, I think I'll adopt you as my pet newbie. I like 'em feisty. Also I award you bonus points for use of bold consistently. But if you want to stay fresh you might want to deversify into italics.

do these "post counts" and "stars" scare you ?

>It seems that Death Sentence, Hobbes and
    >richindub2 have the"mine is bigger then
    >yours" mentality

Please leave me out of your pleas of inadequacy.

If you must know I have been around since before the boards started (as does anyone else who doesn't have a start date). I think that is what.. 3 years? More?

>They are back and There is deffo a Elitest even >snobby attitude of some users at boards.ie

Yea ! I think we should ban Castor Troy as well!!

Muppet

As has been said many times before, if you dont like it dont let the door hit your ass on the way to aol.com relative :p

Also, neil you meanie, ill make do with annoying you on irc and on ign :)

[Edit] Typing leetness.

Hobbes : My post count (and WWMans) may look high but actually they aren't. We have been around longer.

Hobbes : Please leave me out of your pleas of inadequacy
    If you must know I have been around since before the boards started (as does anyone else who doesn't have a start date). I think that is what.. 3 years? More?
    WHY?

ASTROFOOL :do these "post counts" and "stars" scare you ?
    Relative : If you have read this thread you might notice that I am the author and I think I have been constructive. I don't give a f..k about "stars & posts" but I am sure that some users are intimidated by "stars and the amout of 'posts' that occupy the left side of the "page"?

NO ! Are YOU AFRAID of losing your's?

Again it goes back to LABELS, Catogory's, Generalising and if "newbies" must earn the respect
    Devore : Respect is earned
    of those mod's, freaks, Admin's, etc then it must be RECIPROCATED :)

BEWARE THE WRATH OF THE BOARDS.IE CLIQUE :)

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

[/IMG] star2.gifstar2.gifstar2.gifstar2.gif

>WHY?

I think I speak for everyone when I say "**** off" (work it out). Why do you post here? Only reason I see is to complain at how everyone else has more stars then you and a higher post count.

well boo fuking hoo.
    jeffythekitten.jpg

Relative to Moderator :
    Not too sure if complaining will do? But I seem to have "upset" hobbes + some others?
    You will find if you read the thread from beginning that I may have a valid point?
    Also I have contributed to many other posts including irelandoffline, afterhours without irritating too many members?
    So it would be GREATLY appreciated if you could "have a word" with hobbes (neil?) about his APPALLING use of language and his CLIQUE attitude?
    Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. I would HATE to think that other users (members) would have to put up with this BEHAVIOUR.
    Hobbes :I think I speak for everyone when I say "**** off"

I WOUL'NT BE TOO SURE ABOUT THAT !!

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

Hang on while I tremble with fear. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

how about we call everybody "anon" and run the whole of the boards that way.

yea that would work....

People who have been here longer, know it better, same in every walk of life, u don't let a first year med student perform surgery on you do you ?

People get to know you as you post more, and can see the name and associate a personality type with that person, example: I see the name Ralative and I think of control freak wannabe.

And why should you get to decide what everybody else wants, most people like their stars, names, avatars, remove the individuality and discussion dies

cop on oh please

Hey you have more stars then me!! I'm telling Devore!! :p

Ah Relative my little pet newbie, look how you have upset the Cliqué with your l33t trolling! I'm so PROUD!

[sekrit message to rest of cliqué - pssst there's an ignore function in vbulletin*]

* if you can read this then obviously you must be in the cliqué!

Relative,

Do you do anything besides moan?
    If you dont want people to respond like this, stop attacking/slagging some of this communities most respected members.

It comes across as if thats the only reason you joined to join us here...

and there is a name for that sort of behaviour...Muppetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Admin, I know I'm late coming to this thread and all, but believe me I speak sincerely from the bottom of my heart when I say:

inst.jpg

unclesam.jpg

(at WhiteWashMan's suggestion)

quote:
    FROM WWM : to be honest relative, its that sort of attitude that kinda p1$$es me off.

What attitude would that be then?

the attitude you have come out with that you should be accepted as fully upstanding member of our community.

quote:
    FROM WWM :i mean, what exactly would you have people do?
    not have little stars?

Yes why not and if they must have them put them in their profile along with their post's number?

do the stars bother you. i only have 4. people who have been here a lot less than me with less posts an have 5 stars. hell, im gonna kick someone. get a grip....

quote:
    FROM WWM : a centre point for a certain community.

Certain community. What's that?

well, there you go then. do a little research. this started of as a quake board a long time ago. a lot of us are still here. being a newbie, i dont expect you to know that. what i expect is for you to say hi and get to know people......

quote:
    FROM WWM :we tolerate the muppets, because usually we really dont care what they say.

I think it is you who is the Muppet ? - What rubbish?

is that what you think. must be a first then.
    i guess im privilaged tothat you think about me in real life then. but that doesnt mean we will get together. you have to by me a drink first....if your old enough. are you old enough to be a legal homosexual. i am.

quote:
    FROM WWM :if i met you on the street, and said for example, 'youre mother is a whore' i dont think youd be very impressed. well, youve just met us on the internet......

I think an apology might be in order here?

why? its a hypothetical situation......
    you obviously dont get out much

quote:
    FROM WWM :if you want stars, go work in mcdonalds. i hear you get them for cleaning the toilets.

Another apology maybe

im apologise to mcdonalds unreservedly....

quote:
    FROM WWM :stars are realted to most count. nothing more nothing less.

Well consider putting them in the profile along with the post count?

quote:
    FROM WWM :either have a laugh or try and post something construstive.

If you have read this thread you might notice that I am the author and I think I have been constructive. I don't give a f..k about "stars & posts" but I am sure that some users are intimidated by "stars and the amout of 'posts' that occupy the left side of the "page"?

hmmmmmm, i find it interesting then that you continue to make remarks about things that dont bother you....
    i dont know, what is it about boards.ie you should consider?
    im sure id *yawn* like to know.

WhiteWashMan you replied almost immediately to my previous post, please take a little longer in future and then you might give a more
    please take a little longer to know the people you are talking about. if you are here in another 6 montyhs great, but the way you are going, you are going to be unpopular.
    dont take it to heart. take a lesson from it.
    yo uare not some leet haxor.
    you are onlyu another alias that has yet to buy me a beer, and until then, in my book, you will remain a crap avatar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

fag0t.jpg

paisley.jpg

That is all.

Beware the Wrath of Boards.ie CLIQUE !!

Well I’m sure some have been waiting with baited breath for my response? :)

Firstly my idea to remove stars and post counts to there respective profiles is in my opinion a valid one? All this would entail, is that when a visitor went to a thread, they would see the AVATAR and the NAME (I never suggested removing them) along with the comments of the thread.

If the visitor wished to gather any more information regarding the contributors ie their status (stars & post counts) then they could easily access them in their profile. Using this system would ensure fair play for everyone, as every new thread and topic is unique. So whether you have been a member of boards.ie since the year dot or a newbie like myself we would be all viewed on our contribution to that particular thread.
    FAIR?

As it stands now, go to any thread and you will be blinded by “stars & posts”. I ask you? Can you honestly say that by having these “status symbols” promotes the objectives of Boards.ie.? Could it not be more beneficial to put them in the profile of the owner?

In my opinion you would get a far greater number of NEW
    contributors if everyone looked to be of equal standing?

This is ALL I suggested.

Please read the thread from beginning, CAREFULLY !!

Now regarding the comments since my previous post !!

I ain’t gonna comment on any one individual and I’m not disappointed that I received little or no support. This could be due to the fact that if anyone did support they might think they would be viciously verbally attacked like I have been?

Bullying, whether it’s in the classroom, workplace or on Boards.ie is in our SOCIETY and boy do you have your fair share of BULLYS.

What’s that noise? Click …. Click ….. CLIQUE

Beware the Wrath of Boards.ie CLIQUE !! :o)

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Over-use of the bold tags is REALLY BLOODY- ANNOYING you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

As it stands now, go to any thread and you will be blinded by “stars & posts”.

I can't say I've been blinded by those yet. I put my bad eyesight down to years of self-abuse, not stars and posts dazzling me from my browser windows.
    I received little or no support. This could be due to the fact that if anyone did support they might think they would be viciously verbally attacked like I have been?

It could be because you're wrong?

I supported removing post counts once before actually, because some muppets (richindub2 and smak, stand up and be counted!) were spamming every board in sight in an attempt to boost theirs. Since installing VBulletin the post counts have returned - which is fair enough, because I have seen no evidence yet of a slip back to post-spamming muppetry.

Frankly you're coming across as a self-important gobshíte. If you want the respect of people in a community like this one, you gain it by making helpful or interesting contributions in threads and participating actively in the community.

The boards.ie clique you refer to is just made up of people who have been doing that all along. All the top posters here sure as hell don't have the same opinions, but most of us have learned to respect the opinions of the others even if we disagree with them totally. That's just how any discussion-based community works. If you're not capable of dealing with it, then I suggest you follow the instructions as laid out above with regard to fúcking off.

If only karma was still around, this lad would have gotten a raping :)

boards.gif

I've changed my "rich = too leet for you" peice of art :)

• Advertisement

I've seen this a million times before.

Come onto Boards.ie, start screaming about there being SHOCK HORROR moderators and admins etc.

TRoll like mad to try and stir **** in the hope that someone will kick you and then you can point and say "come and see the violence inherent in the system!! Help Help, I'm being oppressed!!"

But its not working is it. Instead people are just responding to you in true boards.ie style and you are still here.

There IS a clique its called the OWNERS.... this isnt a public resource you know!

But here's the kicker if we were really evil and nasty etc, how come you are still here and we are still trying to convince you there are no reds under the bed (or if there ARE they are there for all our welfare...)

Now, can I ask you a question.... exactly (and I mean EXACTLY) what is your problem...???

Can you state it clearly with a suggestion for me? using small words and perhaps some visual aids?

DeVore.

It won't be long now, before you get it? This week anyway?

When you do, read it carefully, save it, print it and send it to your friends cos it's gonna be good !!
    So post now to this thread and have your say in a little piece of history. :)

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

Ode to
    You get trampled by cows
    Shot by guns
    Impaled on a flagpole
    that can't be much fun.
    You've been attacked by Death
    Shot by alien beams
    Burned by lava
    Luck isn't with you it seems.
    You were microwaved
    and fatally sacked
    but always faithful,
    you keep coming back.

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

cliffyb-wtf.jpg

just what are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

When you do, read it carefully, save it, print it and send it to your friends cos it's gonna be good !!

Ode to
    You get trampled by cows
    Shot by guns
    Impaled on a flagpole
    that can't be much fun.
    Shot by alien beams
    Burned by lava
    You were microwaved
    and fatally sacked
    but always faithful,
    you keep coming back.

strongfag.jpg

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

Ode to
    You get trampled by cows
    Shot by guns
    Impaled on a flagpole
    that can't be much fun.
    Shot by alien beams
    Burned by lava
    You were microwaved
    and fatally sacked
    but always faithful,
    you keep coming back.

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

Surrealist trolling? Impressive. A style I have not seen since early Kibo. Especially interesting is the vague intrigue attempted to be induced by the last statement before the poem. Bravo! *throws rose*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ffs.. i just wrote a huge reply giving out to the moderators and especially DeVore because I think you're all wrong and i agree with Relative.

There obviously is a clique here.. and its not the owners clique that DeVore mentioned (dev read your post again... u wrote it like that just for effect, it was totally unnecessary here... this guy was not a muppet).

Relative was just makign a point about the stars and status... it was hardly a big deal and he wasn't making a big deal of it. What pissed him off is when all the moderators and 'clique' start with the condescension and their own muppetry.

A lot of ppl on these boards are just waiting for the chance to get in on a muppet-bashing thread with the pics and all.... i think thats sad, and this guy was not the target ye should have gone for. Save it for the likes of Future-Quake-Dood or some l33t hax0r who still hasn't been 12-clicked.

Attack of the clique... um... read over this thread and thats exactly what it is. A new user with little sense of humour gets bombarded with this muppetry from the most established and "respected" (??) members.

btw, a newt is an amphibian and not a reptile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

OK i'll elaborate on that so that i don't get a load of ye jumping down my throat as well.

Relative posts a nice light thread.. we've seen it before, its lacking in sense of humour, no big deal... its not very serious, hes just raising an issue up for discussion and thats what bulletin boards are for.

Heres a bit of a timeline :)
    Whitewashman: to be honest relative, its that sort of attitude that kinda p1$$es me off.
    maybe WWM misunderstood the thread or assumed it was another newbie troll and was overly hostile...

Relative replies to a condescending and unnecessarily hostile thread from Whitewashman and continues his discussion, mentioning

DeVore comes up with Ghandi..... this is hardly worth a ghandi. You have blown this thread way out of proportion DeVore...
    Relative - I'll take that as POINT TAKEN? or Can I expect the WRATH OF THE BOARDS CLIQUE? :)
    (wrath of the boards clique... heres where it starts)
    Amp - Actually, I think I'll adopt you as my pet newbie. I like 'em feisty. Also I award you bonus points for use of bold consistently. But if you want to stay fresh you might want to deversify into italics.
    This is a typical Amp post, and if you don't know him then its not a nice post to have directed at u. Its condescending and for someone who doesn't have a great sense of humour its a bit insulting
    Astrofool - do these "post counts" and "stars" scare you ?
    Hobbes - Please leave me out of your pleas of inadequacy.
    Richindub: As has been said many times before, if you dont like it dont let the door hit your ass on the way to aol.com relative

After getting replies like this for no good reason, he has a right to be pissed off. He had a smiley after everyone of his posts. He was interested in the boards and posting a light conversational thread and he got this. So he replies as best he can... still with the smileys

and hobbes starts with the "well boo fuking hoo. " and then the pictures start.... jesus the more i read of this thread the more i see how right Relative was.

WTF is it with the negative, condescending attitude of Hobbes, Castor Troy, WWM, and Amp (Richindub and Astrofools hardly worth mentioning.) these ppl are the trolls in this thread. Why can't you just drop the attitude when you're dealing with ppl you don't know? are you ppl like this in real life? I'm assuming Monty and Stephen and ppl didn't read the thread, just the later comments because i wouldn't expect it from them. and i'm also think that DeVore was jumping to conclusions and being overhasty in judging relative.

fair enough if u don't like this guy because he comes across as a self-important gob****e, or that he has no sense of humour.. there are a lot of self-important gob****es on this board, its no excuse for the way this guy was treated.

Thank you Illkillya, thank you.

The saying "Give them enough rope ..." springs to mind :)

South_Park_1_-_Kenny.gif

Originally posted by Illkillya

This is a typical Amp post, and if you don't know him then its not a nice post to have directed at u. Its condescending and for someone who doesn't have a great sense of humour its a bit insulting

That's the nicest thing anyones ever said about me!

BTW Is it ok to call you a wánker if I haveone of these ;)

Too be honest this is the comment that sparked off this thread, even tho, it had just been explained 8 posts earlier, that this is not the way it is...

Use your noggin when posting and most people dont mind...

Most of the people here with high post counts know each other quite well...even off the boards(as scary a thought as that may be ;)) so we usually just have a laugh. Frankly we dont actually take post counts into consideration, but post content...

You turned to b!tching when noone would listen to you
    Beware the WRATH of the boards.ie CLIQUE

quote:
    Hobbes : My post count (and WWMans) may look high but actually they aren't. We have been around longer.

quote:
    Hobbes : Please leave me out of your pleas of inadequacy

WHY?

quote:
    Relative : If you have read this thread you might notice that I am the author and I think I have been constructive. I don't give a f..k about "stars & posts" but I am sure that some users are intimidated by "stars and the amout of 'posts' that occupy the left side of the "page"?

NO ! Are YOU AFRAID of losing your's?

Again it goes back to LABELS, Catogory's, Generalising and if "newbies" must earn the respect

Of course newer people must earn respect, we all had to when we started on the boards, thats just the way things are.

I dont ever remember someone ever complaining about post counts for this reason, no offnce but you are the only person who seems to have a problem with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement