Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rethinking Trump

• 08-06-2019 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Sounds like he got a big win over the Mexicans, done well there. Well over two years in and no war started despite a few crowds being difficult. Is it time to give him a break?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Kenzo_

Deserves a 2nd term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Don't know what all the fuss is about with him to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

as long as he keeps his mickey zipped up and there's no sex scandals from his past...i reckon he'll romp home in the next election

A model citizen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Sounds like he got a big win over the Mexicans, done well there. Well over two years in and no war started despite a few crowds being difficult. Is it time to give him a break?

He has a big mouth but has achieved little. And I'm fine with that. His erratic behaviour had me concerned just after his election, but it largely is confined to Twitter spats, bragging and generally mouthing off.

The fact that he hasn't started any wars is a big plus for him I'm my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I think he had a great opportunity. He got into office, he is following through on more election promises than probably any politician in history. I just feel if he had stepped back from Twitter, ran a more respectable white house where his staff were not being sacked daily and generally behaved a bit more presidential, he could genuinely have gone down as a brilliant president.

As it stands, he is doing well. A certain amount of that is down to being a bulldog but he certainly has support in the states.
    I don't belief we get a true impression here of the level of support he has.
    For a man who appears to be poor on international affairs etc, I think he is doing well in how he handles Rocketman and others.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Sounds like he got a big win over the Mexicans

Well he did back down “The agreement appeared to fall short of a key US demand that Mexico accept a "safe third country" designation that would have forced it to permanently take in most Central American asylum seekers.”

Link:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2019/0608/1054155-us-mexico-migration-tariff-deal/
    Well over two years in and no war started despite a few crowds being difficult.

Good news indeed but not sufficient to qualify him as a good president.
    Is it time to give him a break?

If he wasn’t such a racist, megalomaniac that is hell bent on polluting the planet then maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Mayor Pete for president!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

You people are bonkers. This profit-hungry buffoon is a climate emergency denier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

He'll probably end up doing less damage than Hilary would have & he's inestimably more entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,123 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He is a bit of a nut but he is the first major western leader in decades to roll back globalization and Neo liberal trade policies, his position on immigration is the first break the American Working Class have got in decades and the reason why unemployment for blacks etc is down and their wage growth up.

Nice also to see a President who is not trying to go to war with as many countries as they can.

Hopefully he gets a 2nd term.

Warts and all he is delivering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

He has done more than the clown we have running this place....

Leo has done the sum total of sweet f**k all since he came into power, well apart from make a balls of the hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

History will look kindly upon him

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

I think he's great Trump, whether he upsets people or gives them a lift, in reality more people in America like him than dislikes him.

He's actually the perfect Man for the job able to make unpopular decisions, love's his country.

He's emulating nature and doing what nature intends, alpha male, powerful and tough.

He's not likeable by some, like I said I think he's bit too hard on Iran, says silly things.
    But he's robust, masculine and funny.

Goofy in ways but he means well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

He will keep piling in the money and adding to the debt pile to keep the economy growing to ensure a 2nd term. When that comes to an end of expect a major Us slowdown with knock on effect to the rest of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

How many threads? Go to politics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement