Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come I fall for it every time?

Options
  • 14-01-2019 5:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭

My girlfriend comes home sick at the weekend. She'll text me Friday evening saying she'll be home late. But then she won't come home until the morning. I have sympathy for her, give her panadol and 7up like she asks. But then I find out she's actually hung over, and not sick. And there I am running around for her like a fool.

I think she knows that she won't be home the time she says, and that it's a trick to make sure I'm up late thinking about. I'm going to say that to her. But she insists that she'll not hung over and guilts me for calling her a liar. But later when her friend was leaving, I over heard her say "take it easy on the drink next time".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭gifted

My girlfriend comes home sick at the weekend. I have sympathy for her, give her panadol and 7up like she asks. Then I find out she's actually hung over.

She insists that she's not and guilts me for calling her a liar. But later when her friend was leaving, she said "take it easy on the drink next time".

Get a new girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭CPTM

My girlfriend comes home sick at the weekend. I have sympathy for her, give her panadol and 7up like she asks. Then I find out she's actually hung over.

She insists that she's not and guilts me for calling her a liar. But later when her friend was leaving, she said "take it easy on the drink next time".

She probably told her mate about your argument and the friend made a joke about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just let it pass and get back to college so we can all have a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The request for a hot chicken fillet roll and bag of monster munch should have been a dead giveaway OP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

My girlfriend comes home sick at the weekend. She'll text me Friday evening saying she'll be home late. But then she won't come home until the morning. I have sympathy for her, give her panadol and 7up like she asks. But then I find out she's actually hung over.

I think she knows that she won't be home the time she says, and that it's a trick to make sure I'm up late thinking about. I'm going to say that to her. But she insists that she'll not hung over and guilts me for calling her a liar. But later when her friend was leaving, she said "take it easy on the drink next time".

You fecked up a chance of a threesome , didn't ya ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's more than likely that the friend is only messing. Drink is probably a codename for riding.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Just let it pass and get back to college so we can all have a break.

College? He's probably doing his Leaving this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Sure if you knew she had been out the night before should it not have been obvious she was hungover?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

PoliticalSameKoodoo-size_restricted.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Women without Makeup

Sure if you knew she had been out the night before should it not have been obvious she was hungover?
    She'll tell me she got lost or delayed coming home, so she ended up sleeping at a friends.

• Advertisement

You're missing the fact that the OP never grasps the obvious in social interactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

So what if she was hungover? Is it a problem for you if she goes for a drink without you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

So what if she was hungover? Is it a problem for you if she goes for a drink without you?

It's the deceit that's the problem. Sounds like he should call it a day. Not a good foundation for a relationship- lies and manipulation I mean. I get the impression he needs her more than she needs him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Liamario wrote: »
    It's the deceit that's the problem. Sounds like he should call it a day. Not a good foundation for a relationship- lies and manipulation I mean. I get the impression he needs her more than she needs him.
    It could also be that he makes a big deal if she has had a few drinks with her friends without him and so she feels the need to conceal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

It could also be that he makes a big deal if she has had a few drinks with her friends without him and so she feels the need to conceal it.

Sure, can only go by what OP tells us.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'll take "things that never happened" for 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

My girlfriend comes home sick at the weekend. She'll text me Friday evening saying she'll be home late. But then she won't come home until the morning.

If you keep responding in the way you respond then she will keep acting in the way she's acting. Maybe she needs to come home and find that you are not there some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

This is a nonsense story

This is a nonsense story

The Girlfriend was out drinking with the Cousin, trying to decide who was the real boss. It's Walter Mitty world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭NSAman

Get a boyfriend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

She comes home 10 hours late, is dying with a hangover the following day, and it's only a few drinks she's had?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

She'll tell me she got lost or delayed coming home, so she ended up sleeping at a friends.

*cough, splutter

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

gifted wrote: »
    Get a new girlfriend

Or stop creating troll threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

NSAman wrote: »
    Get a boyfriend?

With morning service like that he’ll have them queuing up.

Yikes, maybe I'm being too hard on her?

PoliticalSameKoodoo-size_restricted.gif
    Oh how I wish it was a dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

#Ibelieveher

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

I'd say what happened was she wasn't going to head out, and planned on staying in and have a cuppa Horlicks and do some crochet, Disney crochet pattern more than likely.

Anyhow, her friend from New York text her and she wasn't interested in going out.
    Because Horlicks and crochet is way more fun.
    Anyhow, her friend kept putting pressure on her heading out, so eventually she capitulated.

Anyhow as the night wore on she got tipsy, meanwhile in her conscious state she was thinking she would have preferred the Horlicks and crochet.

The demon booze that her friend pressured her into drinking, made her very disoriented.
    They had a great night out.
    She then went home and went to bed at her friend's house.

She didn't go back to any party or flirt with other guys, because women never flirt or have any inuendo or flirty intriguing conversations with guy's other than their partners.

Only men are not to be trusted while out, women are always honest, loyal and trustworthy, dedicated to their men.

Men are the opposite, unloyal, flirting, and are the fault of every relationship breaking down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

OP you are in an abusive and unhealthy relationship. She has no respect for you and you don't have enough self respect. You need therapy and not advice from friends, family or the internet.

• Advertisement

Or got her back recently. What happened was a neighbour was due to call over and visit when my gf was up in bed. This neighbour probably knows my gf better than me.

I was going to wake her, but then I said I wouldn't bother. I made the tea and the neighbour and I chatted for about an hour. Before the neighbour left she shouted up "are you asleep up there?"! She didn't come down until she'd heard that the chatting had stopped. She gave out to me for not telling her and told me that she was too embarrassed to come down as it would look like she was sleeping.

It was no harm for her to realise that I could make the tea myself!! Otherwise she'd be very quick to make the tea to soft of make me look incompetent.

Advertisement