Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draconian drink driving laws are ridiculous

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

How many road traffic accidents are the result of drug taking? Where’s the statistics for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,862 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

fin12 wrote: »
    How many road traffic accidents are the result of drug taking? Where’s the statistics for that?

I have found some of that info on the RSA site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

gctest50 wrote: »
    1 in 10 of all driver alcohol related collisions occurred between 7am and 11am.

So 90% of all drink related collisions happen outside that 4 hour window.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Actually it takes 16 hours from when you start drinking them. So unless you necked 8 pints in a few minutes before midnight they should be out of your system before 16:00.

You sure? I always thought it was from when you finished? Though quite how your body is supposed to know you've stopped is :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

So how many pints are we saying you're allowed to have if you want to drive to work the next morning? None?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Forget alcohol. You can't legislate for stupidity ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

You sure? I always thought it was from when you finished? Though quite how your body is supposed to know you've stopped is :confused:

Would your bodies metabolism system close down because you're drinking?

Advertisement